The CamRanger Wireless Camera Control allows you to wirelessly control your Canon or Nikon digital SLR camera directly from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. CamRanger is a stand-alone device that connects to your Canon or Nikon camera via a USB cable. It creates an ad-hoc WiFi network that your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch can then connect to. The free CamRanger iOS app then enables control of the camera.
The key features
- Suitable for both Canon and Nikon DSLRs
- Compatibility Chart
- Allows you to control your DSLR remotely via iOS device
- Wirelessly stream live view to your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
- View edit camera settings
- Mac and Windows compatible
The full list of compatible cameras is here.
Capture & View Images
Capture images in all drive modes. Then view full resolution images in JPG or Canon RAW and optionally save to an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. CamRanger is a great wireless tethering solution.
Wirelessly stream live view to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. Complete focusing control with touch focus, incremental adjustments, and focus stacking.
View & Edit Camera Settings
Remotely change and view camera settings: Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, White Balance, Drive/Shooting Mode (Single, Continuous, etc.), AF, Metering Mode, Image Format, Auto Exposure Mode, and Exposure Compensation and Bracketing.
Wirelessly record movies to view and edit later. CamRanger supports touch focusing during movie recording for many Nikon and Canon cameras.
Intervalometer / HDR
Setup intervalometer (time lapse) or HDR on your CamRanger. No need for your iOS device to remain connected after the initial setup.
Macro & Focus Stacking
Perfect for macro photography where your camera is in awkward locations or very precise focus control is needed. Use automatic focus stacking for enhanced depth of field.
Check out the CamRanger Supported Cameras.
Video: The CamRanger
The features in more detail
- CamRanger operates on a rechargable, replaceable 3.7V 2000mAh battery (included). Battery life varies upon usage but 3 to 6 hours is typical; however, in ideal scenarios over 11 hours can be achieved for intervalometer with no iOS device connected. For a spare rechargeable battery, see accessories tab. The CamRanger battery is accessible by removing the bottom cover. The bottom cover is the side with the CamRanger serial number. Simply grasp the side edge/corner of the cover near the USB connector and pull back to remove. To replace the cover, first place the two lower tabs into the slots and then snap in the top.
- Charges with and can be powered by provided USB charging cable and US AC adapter (both optional and not included)
- Wireless network enables connections up to 150 feet. (Slow connections have been maintained at 300 feet)
- Comes with protective case for storage and secure attachment
- Includes Ethernet cable for firmware upgrades for future enhancements
- Wirelessly stream live view from the camera to an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch
- Double tap to increase magnification
- Single tap to focus on an area or make incremental focus adjustments
- Perform focus stacking
- Frame rate of about 6 – 18 fps depending on camera
Take and View Pictures
- Wirelessly capture images in multiple drive modes
- Thumbnails automatically appear on the top of the screen after taking a picture
- Tap a thumbnail to view the image and its associated meta-data
- Images are always saved to the camera card and optionally downloaded to the iOS device
- Optionally select to have images automatically view on the iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch
View Full Resolution Images
- Double tap to view the image at full resolution
- Supports full screen mode to maximize the screen size
- Toggle a variety of overlays: AF points, highlight, shadow, grid lines, and aspect ratio
- Configure your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch to automatically display pictures as they are taken
- Toggle on “Client Mode” to remove camera controls from the iOS device
- Allows others such as clients, directors, or associates to quickly and wirelessly view the shots after they are taken by the photographer at the camera
- Start and stop movie recording
- View video while recording
- Focus adjustments and touch focusing
- Movie features are very camera dependent, see supported cameras link at the bottom of this page for more details
Intervalometer and Bulb
- Configure as an intervalometer to take time lapse pictures
- Supports bulb mode with specific shutter lengths
- No need for your iOS device to remain connected after starting
View and Set Camera Properties
- Shutter Speed
- Metering Mode
- Drive/Shooting Mode
- White Balance
- Image Format
- Focus Mode (Nikon only)
- Auto Exposure Mode (Nikon only)
- Exposure Compensation & Bracketing
- Software Auto-Focus toggle to toggle AF/MF
HDR / Advanced Bracketing
- Configure CamRanger to take a series of pictures automatically varying Shutter Speed, Aperture, or ISO
- Images can then be post-processed
View Camera Card Contents
- View thumbnails of the images on your camera’s memory card
- Select images to be permanently deleted or download them and save into your iOS photo library
- Double tap image to view full resolution image
- Provides very precise focusing control
- Great for situations requiring awkward camera placements
- Perform automatic focus stacking to enhance depth of field (post processing required)
Check out the CamRanger Supported Cameras and Features
Back to top
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £10.53
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.