The Hasselblad H5D-50cMS is a medium format digital camera that joins the Hasselblad H system and is designed for the serious enthusiasts and professionals whose work requires the ultimate in resolution and image quality. Designed for studio photography and featuring a 50 Megapixel sensor (6200 x 8272 pixels) with a dimension of 32.9 x 43.8mm, the H5D-50cMS delivers the latest in CMOS and multi-shot technology. Multi-shot mode features a three-in-one system; single shot mode allows capture of a subject at 50MP and multi-shot mode can take either four identical shots at 50MP or six shots of the same image at 50 megapixels for when the highest degree of resolution is required.
The H5D-50cMS Key Features:
- 50 Mpixel CMOS sensor with amazing image quality
- Faster multishot capture sequence
- Excellent high ISO performance
- Longer shutter speeds up to 12 minutes
- Faster capture rate: 1.5 frames per second
- Live Video with high frame rate
- Much improved camera handling
- Improved weather sealings
- True Focus auto-focus system with Absolute Position Lock and camera controls
- A range of 12 high performing lenses with built-in central shutter
The H5D-50c MS camera system has been especially designed to meet demands for both flexibility and ultimate image quality. This includes:
- The freedom to choose between eye-level and waist-level view-finders both providing the best viewfinder image on any camera
- The choice of combining point-and–shoot and tilt/shift to solve creative commercial challenges
- The ability to combine working tethered and untethered to get the most of your camera system both on location and in the studio
- The option of processing your raw images in Hasselblad’s Phocus imaging toolbox, or working with your raw images directly in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
New CMOS sensor
The H5D-50c MS features a brand new CMOS sensor measuring 43.8 × 32.9mm - almost twice the physical size of the largest 35mm DSLR sensors. Basic ISO rating is from ISO 100 to ISO 6400. The high sensitivity of the new sensor enables completely new application areas for all professional medium format photographers. It is now totally possible to capture super high quality images even at high ISO settings making low light photography easy. This high sensitivity
and fast capture speed together with the high dynamic range of 14 stops makes this camera a true all-round camera that can be used for almost any type of photography. The H5D-50c MS is built around a high speed architecture that can capture full resolution images at the rate of 1.5 captures per second, working either mobile or tethered to a computer.
Non-compromising details and colours
The H5D-50c MS camera uses a 50Mpix CMOS sensor mounted onto the Hasselblad patented symmetrical multi-shot frame, which accurately positions the sensor with a sub-micron accuracy using piezo-electrical actuators. It can capture 4 shots with the sensor positioned accurately at a sequence of quadrants of the pixel and takes color information from the Bayer-patterned pixels to create a moiré free 50Mpix capture. This results in a jump in resolution that has to be seen to fully appreciate the tremendous difference it makes.
Medium Format digital capture advantage
In digital photography, the advantages of large format cameras have become even more obvious. The basic 6×4.5 cm design allows the H5D-50c MS to use one of the largest image sensors currently available in digital photography. Consequently the sensor holds more and larger pixels, which deliver the highest possible image quality in terms of moiré-free color rendering without gradation break-ups in even the finest lit surfaces.
An impressive lens line outperforming even the Carl Zeiss icons
The highly renowned H system lens line includes 12 Auto-Focus lenses, all with central lens shutters. Range is from 24mm to 300mm, 50-110mm zoom, 35-90mm zoom, a 1.7X Converter and a dedicated wide angle Macro Converter. The built-in central shutter allows flash to be used at all shutter speeds down to 1/800s. making flash photography in daylight easy. It also improves image quality by generating extremely low camera vibration.
A choice of bright viewfinders
One of the important traditional advantages of the medium format is the extra-large and bright viewfinder image, enabling extremely precise compositions and easy operation in dim lighting. The H5D-50c MS comes with the HVD 90x viewfinder designed for full performance over the large sensor. Hasselblad has added an interchangeable waist-level viewfinder, the HVM, for the entire range of H system cameras. The bright and large viewfinder image is ideal for creative composing and the photographer is able to shoot in the fashion that suits them most; maintaining eye contact with the model, or gaining impact by shooting from a point lower than eye-level, for example.
Digital Lens Correction and Ultra-Focus for image perfection
The H5D-50c MS camera allows information from the lens and exact capture conditions to be fed to the camera processor for ultra-fine-tuning of the auto-focus mechanism, taking into account the design specifications of the lens and the optical specifications of the sensor. In this way the full H System lens program is even further enhanced, bringing a new level of sharpness and resolution. Detailed information about capture condition is also stored in the image file. This information is then used by Phocus to perform digital lens correction, which is an automatic correction of the images based on a combination of the various parameters concerning each specific lens for each specific shot, ensuring that each image represents the best that your equipment can produce. Digital Lens Correction is available regardless if Phocus or Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is used.
Many new features have been added to the H5D-50c MS to make the use of the camera even easier than before. This include the option to use the grip controls to control settings and operation of the sensor unit. E.g. you can control zoom, browsing and menu selection without taking your hand off the grip. The Profile handling where you can store complete camera settings in memory for easy access. Now seven different camera set-ups can be stored and settings both from camera body and sensor unit are stored in the profile. In Phocus you can also easily manage your collection of profiles.
Phocus for professional level workflow
Phocus provides an advanced software toolbox that has been especially designed to easily achieve optimum workflow and absolute image perfection from Hasselblad raw image files.
Hasselblad’s unique natural colours
Hasselblad’s Natural Colour Solution (HNCS) enables you to produce outstanding and reliable out-of-the-box colours, with skin tones, specific product colours and other difficult tones reproduced easily and effectively. In order to incorporate our unique HNCS and DACfeatures we have developed a custom Hasselblad raw file format called 3F RAW (3FR). This file format includes lossless image compression, which reduces the file size by 33%. The 3FR files can be opened directly in Apple or Adobe imaging environments.
Two modes of operation and storage
The H5D-50c MS offers a choice of storage devices: CF cards or a computer hard drive. With these operating and storage options, you are able to select a mode to suit the nature of the work in hand, whether in the studio or on location.
Back to top
- Camera Type: H5D-50c & 200c Multi-Shot
- Sensor Size: 50 Mpixels CMOS (6200 x 8272)
- Sensor Dimensions: 43.8 x 32.9mm
- Image Size: H5D-50c MS: RAW 3FR capture 75/250MB on average. TIFF 8 bit: 150/500MB
- File Format: Lossless compressed Hasselblad 3FR Lenses
- Shutter Speed Range: 12 min. to 1/800 sec.
- ISO Speed Range: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 & 6400
- Colour Definition: 16 bit Colour Management: Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution
- Focusing: Autofocus metering with passive central cross-type sensor. True Focus with ImmediateFocus Confirm (IFC). Instant manual focus override.
- Metering range EV1 to 19 at ISO 100
- Viewfinder Options: HVD 90x: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. dioptre adjustment (-5 to +3. 5D). Image magnification 3.1 times. Integral fill-flash (G.No. 12 @ ISO100). Hot shoe for SCA3002-system flashes from Metz
- HV 90x: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. dioptre adjustment (-4 to +2.5D). Image magnification 2.7 times. Integral fill-flash (G.No. 12 @ ISO100). Hotshoe for SCA3002-system flashes from Metz
- HV 90x-II: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. dioptre adjustment (-4 to +2.5D). Image magnification 2.7 times. Integral fill-flash (G.No. 12 @ ISO100). Hotshoe for SCA3002-system fl ashes from Metz
- HVM: Waist-level viewfinder. Image magnification 3.2 times
- CF Storage Capacity: 8GB CF card holds 120 images on average
- Storage Options: CF card type U-DMA (e.g. SanDisk Extreme Pro) or tethered to Mac or PC
- Software: Phocus for Mac and Windows (included). Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (included)
- Tethered Operation: Supported in Phocus by Hasselblad and Hasselblad Tethered plug-in for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Platform Support:Macintosh: OS x 10.5 and later. Windows: XP, Vista, Windows 7 (from version 2.8 64 bit only), Windows 8
- Host Connection Type: FireWire 800 (IEEE1394b). Thunderbolt supported via optional adapters. View Camera Compatibility:Mechanical shutters controlled via flash sync. Electronic shutters can be controlled from Phocus. Optional Battery Adapter for stand-alone operation of digital capture unit
- Exposure Metering: Metering options: Spot, Centre Weighted and CentreSpot
- Metering range Spot: EV2 to 21, CentreSpot: EV1 to 21 Power Supply:Rechargeable Li-ion battery (7.2 VDC/2900 mAh). Optional Battery Adapterfor stand-alone operation of digital capture unit
- Operating Temperature: 0-45°C/32-113°F
- Dimensions (Complete camera with HC80mm lens) (WxHxD):153 x 131 x 205mm
- Weight (Complete camera with HC80mm lens):2500g
Back to top
||Autofocus metering with passive central cross-type sensor
||Lossless compressed Hasselblad 3FR
||-3 to +3EV
|Flash Sync Speed
||Flash can be used at all shutter speeds
||Built-in and SCA3002 Metz compatible
||Hasselblad H Mount
||8272 x 6200
|Memory Card Format
||CF card type U-DMA or tethered to Mac or PC
||Spot, Centre Weighted and CentreSpot Metering
||0-45 C (32-113 F)
|Shutter Speed, Maximum
|Shutter Speed, Minimum
HD Movie Mode
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £1,122.75
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.