The Hasselblad H5X medium format digital camera with HV90X viewfinder uses H5 technology, with all its advantages, together with the opportunity of using H-System lenses with film magazines and 3rd party digital backs. Although aimed primarily at current H1, H2, H2F and H4X users wishing to upgrade to H5 capabilities, the H5X can naturally act as a backup for H5D users too.
The Main Features:
- Medium format digital camera
- H5x with HV90X viewfinder (suitable for sensors smaller than 60MP)
- Aimed primarily at H1, H2, H2F and H4X users wishing to upgrade to H5 capabilities
- Takes H-System lenses
- Image format: 56 x 41.5mm
- ISO 16-6400
- True Focus AF
- Two dot-matrix LCD screen
- Supports both 120 and 220 film
- Automatic and Manual focusing
- Built-in flash with Guide number 12 at ISO 100
- Hotshoe mount
HV90X viewfinder optimised for 36×48 mm format
HV 90x: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. diopter adjustment (-4 to +2.5D). Image magnification 2.7 times. Integral fill-flash (G.No. 12 @ ISO100). Hot shoe for SCA3002-system flashes from Metz
Full functionality with film and digital backs
Photographers who love shooting film now have access to a highly advanced camera body.
Wide range of high performance lenses
The H5X lens program is designed and engineered by Hasselblad to meet the highest optical performance specifications. The HC and HCD lenses cover a wide spectrum of focal lengths and feature the fastest and most precise auto-focus system there is today. The unique HCD 24mm wide-angle lens, the HCD 28mm and the HCD 35-90 Zoom lens have been tailored for digital use with a 36 × 48mm sensor, and only a slight drop in performance is experienced at the edge of the image when working with larger sensors. The integral lens shutters allow for flash sync down to 1/800 second. The lens shutter also provides silent and vibration-free operation.
Advanced exposure control
The exposure can be controlled either by sophisticated exposure automation or with full manual control.
To make the camera suit specific requirements its design includes 35 functions that can be tailored by the user. The camera features four buttons than can easily be programmedas short-cuts to the most used functions of the camera. In this way you can instantly reach your favourite function just by clicking a button.
Profiles for simplicity and safety
With the numerous functions that can be set by the user for optimal use, a demand for a fool-proof way of controlling these changes arose - and thus the "Profiles" function was born. A profile stores all the settings of the camera and can be recalled at one click of a button. This allows for quick switching to a given mode of photography, it eases set-up time, and perhaps most important, it prevents mistakes from happening. Using profiles is now even better and easier with 7 different profiles in the camera and the function to create and manage profiles directly in Phocus.
Built-in fill flash
The viewfinder also features a compact flash. Though primarily intended to be used as fill flash it can also be used as main flash in some cases. The flash has a metric guide number of 12, but when used as fill flash with -2 stops adjustment it is equal to guide number 24.
With the SCA 3902 flash adapter, any flash compatible with the SCA3002 system defined by Metz can be used. This means that you can choose from small and compact flashes for extremely portable use as well as larger and more powerful flashes when so required.
Flash metering system
The built-in flash metering system is designed to be used when working with manually controlled flashes, such as studio flashes.
Interchangeable film magazines
The film magazines for the H5X camera features inserts than can handle both 120 and 220 film. If you use Bar coded film (defined by FUJIFILM) the setting of both film type and ISO value is automatic. Film wind-on and wind-off is also automatic with all films.
The grip LCD and the viewfinder LCD is of dot-matrix type. This means that the camera is able to present clear and easyto- understand information and messages instead of fixed and sometimes not so obvious symbols.
Back to top
- Camera Type: SLR type camera with interchangeable lenses, viewfinder and magazines
- Lenses: Hasselblad HC and HCD lenses with integral lens shutter. Autofocus or manual focusing. All C-type lenses from the V system with optional CF lens adapter
- Shutter: Electronically controlled integral lens shutter in each lens. Shutter speed range 1/800 s to 18 hours
- Image format: 56 x 41.5mm (Width x Height)
- Focusing screen: Acute Matte type D with markings for spot metering area and AF sensitive area. Optional screens with grid and/or format markings available
- Focusing: Automatic and manual focusing. Instant manual focus override. AF metering with passive central cross-type sensor. Metering range EV 1 to 19 at ISO100. High power white focus assist LED for low light conditions
- Focusing modes: Manual with optional focus indication in viewfinder, Single shot AF and Continuous AF. Focus lock available in AF modes either with shutter release or any of the four programmable buttons. True Focus to compensate for focus shift when re-composing
- Flash control: Automatic TTL-OTF centre weighted system. Uses built-in flash or flashes compatible with SCA3002 (MetzTM). Output can be adjusted from -3 to +3EV. For manual flashes a built-in metering system is available. ISO range 16 to 6400 (excluding any exposure adjustment)
- Exposure metering: Metering options (with HV 90x-II and HVD 90x): Spot, Centre Spot and Centre Weighted. Metering range Spot: EV2 to 21, Centre
- Weighted: EV1 to 21, CentreSpot: EV1 to 21. Exposure lock with separate button on camera
- Exposure modes: Manual, Aperture priority, Shutter speed priority, Programmed and Programmed Variable
- Automatic bracketing: Available with 2, 3, 5, 7 or 9 frames. 1/3, 1/2, 1, 2 or 3 EV step. Exposure sequence can be changed
- Power Supply: Rechargeable Li-ion battery (7.2 VDC/2900 mAh)
Back to top
||Available with 2, 3, 5, 7 or 9 frames. 1/3, 1/2, 1, 2 or 3 EV step. Exposure sequence can be changed
||Automatic and manual focusing. Instant manual focus override. AF metering with passive central cross-type sensor.
|| -4 to +2.5D
||Manual, Aperture priority, Shutter speed priority, Programmed and Programmed Variable
|Flash Guide Number
||Available when using manully controlled flashes
|Flash Sync Speed
||Flash can be used at all shutter speeds down to 1/800 s.
||Uses built-in flash or flashes compatible with SCA3002 (MetzTM)
||Hasselblad H Mount
|Shutter Speed, Maximum
|Shutter Speed, Minimum
||144 x 110 x 88mm
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £225.02
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.