Condition : 9
Filter appears almost as new, filter shows very few cosmetic marks and scratches including light damage to the foam ring, very light marks to the edge.
Filter is supplied with: Manual, Pouch, Cover Pouch
Image as new, however, item may have cosmetic marks as per above description.
The Seven5 Big Stopper filter from Lee is a high quality glass long-exposure filter designed to dramatically reduce the amount of light entering the lens by 10f/stops. By greatly extending exposure times the Big Stopper has the effect of allowing anything that is moving in your image to become blurred or ghost like, for example, clouds, waterfalls, rivers, and the sea. However the effect is not ...
Back to top
The Seven5 Big Stopper filter from Lee is a high quality glass long-exposure filter designed to dramatically reduce the amount of light entering the lens by 10f/stops. By greatly extending exposure times the Big Stopper has the effect of allowing anything that is moving in your image to become blurred or ghost like, for example, clouds, waterfalls, rivers, and the sea. However the effect is not limited to landscapes, the filter can be used on cityscapes to blur people or roads and motorways to blur traffic. The Seven5 Big Stopper is 75x90mm in size and fits in the Lee Seven5 filter holder. You will also need to purchase the correct size Seven5 adapter ring to fit your lens (check lens for thread size) and the Seven5 filter holder, neither are included and available separately.
The Key Features of the Seven5 Big Stopper
- 10-stop Neutral Density Filter
- Expands creative options
- Allows the use of slower shutter speeds
- Great for landscape photographers
- Creates a smooth blurred effect in the water and clouds
- 75 x 90 mm high-quality glass
- Compatible with the Lee Seven5 filter holder
The Lee Seven5 Filters
For the first time the creative power of Lee Filters are available with the flexibility of go-anywhere compact system cameras. The Seven5 System hands photographers control of their images when it really matters - at the moment of capture.
The filters for the Seven5 system are manufactured to the same standards as those for the renowned 100mm system. Handmade in a way that meets the company’s exacting quality control in colour and optical flatness, products in the LEE Filters range have become the benchmark by which other systems are judged, and are the indispensable tools of many photographic professionals worldwide.
The Seven5 filters are not just cut down versions of the LEE 100mm System. In keeping with the smaller size the gradation zones have been adjusted to suit the smaller system. These changes have been made through extensive testing in conjunction with top landscape photographers.
The Lee Big Stopper video
How to use the Big Stopper
1. Before fitting the Big Stopper, first compose your image.
2. Take a meter reading without the filter in place, and set your desired aperture and shutter speed.
3. Multiply your exposure by a factor of ten. For example, if your meter reading suggests an exposure of 1/125sec at f/11, with the Big Stopper fitted, your exposure becomes eight seconds at f/11. If your meter reading suggests an exposure of two seconds at f/11, with the Big Stopper fitted, your exposure becomes a whopping 32 minutes.
4. With the Big Stopper inserted into the slot nearest the lens, attach the filter holder as usual and make your exposure.
5. Always use the sturdiest tripod you can when making long exposures, and take care not to knock the camera or tripod. Cover your viewfinder before releasing the shutter to avoid light encroaching onto the sensor or film and causing flare.
The Lee Seven5 Micro Filter System video
The Lee System
The Big Stopper & Little Stopper from LEE Filters
Back to top
Back to top