The LomoInstant is a portable film camera with retro styling that takes Fujifilm Instax Mini film to provide instant credit card sized photos that you can share with anyone anywhere in a matter of seconds. The LomoInstant comes equipped with a 27mm wide-angle lens, a “B” (Bulb) setting for taking long exposures and three shooting modes - Flash On Auto mode, Flash Off Manual mode and Flash On Manual mode. The camera also comes with four colour gels that slip over the flash, so you can experiment with cool and warm tones, and give an artistic flair to your prints.
Key Features / Specs:
- Film Format: Fujifilm Instax Mini Film
- Exposure Area: 42mm x 64mm
- Shutter Speed: 1/125s / Bulb
- Exposure compensations: +2/-2 Exposure Values
- Ejection Mechanism: Motorized
- Multiple Exposures: Yes
- Built-in Flash Guide Number: 9(m)
- Automatic Flash Output: Yes
- Battery Supply: 6V (4x AAA batteries)
- Tripod mount: Yes
- Cable Release Mount: Yes
- Aperture: f/8, f/11, f/16, f/22, f/32
- Includes: LomoInstant Camera with wide-angle lens, 4 colour gels
Three Shooting Modes To Cover Every Kind Of Instant
The Lomo'Instant has an auto flash shooting mode so you can easily shoot fantastic instant photos with flash in the touch of a button. You can also switch to the 2 manual shooting modes to open up all kinds of experimental shooting possibilities.
1. Flash On Auto Mode
With this mode you can easily get amazing instant photos on the go. A sensor on the flash detects the brightness, and the light meter automatically gives off the right amount of flash. The default aperture value is f/16 and the exposure compensation dial can be adjusted.
2. Flash On Manual Mode
This mode is great for shooting indoors. The flash is on and you can switch between N for normal daytime shots and B shutter for long exposures.
3. Flash Off Manual Mode
This mode is great for long exposures at night. The flash is switched off and you can switch between N for normal daytime shots and B shutter for long exposures at night.
An Ultra-Advanced Lens System
Shoot tons of unique instant photos and push the limits of your imagination with the Lomo'Instant Lens System! The camera has a built-in Wide Angle lens. Additionally, the Fisheye and Portrait lens attachments are included in the Lens Package on offer.
Wide Angle Lens (built-in)
This 27mm equivalent wide angle lens captures more than your eyes can see and allows you to shoot uber-cool up-close-and-personal shots with the 0.4m closest focusing distance. It’s perfectly suited to spontaneous instant shooting and we love using it for selfies!
Shoot Long Exposures
The N setting on your camera is perfect for daytime shots and night shots with a flash. But the Lomo'Instant also has a B setting so you can create light-streaked photos by holding the shutter open for as long as you like. Give it a go for low-light or night-time shooting and creating breathtaking light paintings.
Shoot Crazy Unlimited Multiple Exposures
The Lomo'Instant is the only modern Instant camera which allows you to shoot unlimited multiple exposure instants. This means you can combine numerous shots on one frame for show-stopping effects!
Take full control of your instants in a flash (!) with the selection of color gels that come with the Lomo'Instant. Choose from blue, red, purple and yellow! By adding the filters over your flash, you can play around with cool and warm tones, and give an artistic flair to your instants!
The Largest Aperture Setting in the Instant Photography World
With its maximum aperture of f/8, the Lomo'Instant Camera has the largest aperture setting currently in the instant photography world. Shooting with f/8, you can get brighter shots. Or you can use a smaller aperture such as f/22 for getting every detail in focus - Smaller apertures are perfect for landscape shots with lots of detail.
The Perfect Instant Photo Format
The camera works with the high quality and widely available Fujifilm Instax Mini film, renowned for its bright colors and clear images. Your photos will be credit card sized snapshots which can fit in any wallet and look great on any wall!
The final version of our Lomo'Instant Camera will have a tiny mirror to the left of the lens. To clarify, the mirror will be integrated in a very subtle way to the Lomo'Instant camera design and will fit in with the overall aesthetics of the camera design. It is actually not so much a mirror as a small reflective surface. Whilst the mirror element is fixed (and needs to be fixed to work well with the camera design), we are more than confident in our ability to add this additional feature in a great way which will not impact negatively on the camera design and which adds an extra feature for those who want it. This was a feature which was requested by many backers at the start of the campaign and so we have decided to include this additional feature and believe it will make the Lomo'Instant an even more useful and easy-to-use camera.
How To Use The Lomo'Instant from Lomography on Vimeo.
Step 1. Load Your Film
- Open the Camera Back Door by pressing down the Back Door Lock. If the door is too tight to open with your fingers, use a tool to help pop it open
- Install a fresh pack of Fujifilm Instax Mini film into the Film Chamber. Make sure that the Yellow Mark inside the Film Chamber matches the yellow mark on the film pack
- Close the Camera Back Door
- Switch on the camera
- Press the Shutter Release Button once to eject the dark slide of your new film pack. Make sure that the Film Ejection Slot is not blocked when the dark slide is coming out
Step 2. Select a Shooting Mode
The Lomo'Instant has various different shooting modes depending on your shooting wishes. You can easily select your shooting mode by moving the Shooting Mode Switch.
- Auto Shooting Mode: When the Auto Shooting Mode is selected, you will get perfectly exposed photos in most situations using the automatic flash. This is the perfect fuss-free, easy-peasy mode for day and night shooting!
- Creative Mode (Flash On): In the Creative Mode (Flash On) mode, you can shoot long exposure photos with flash. We suggest selecting the Aperture - A (f/16) and Shutter "B" (bulb - long exposure). This is great for low-light situations such as shooting indoors, nighttime photography and playing with long exposures. Also, don’t forget you can insert colored gel filters in the Color Gel Filter Slot in front of the flash to spice up your flash photos!
- Creative Mode (Flash Off): When Creative Mode (Flash Off) Mode is selected, the flash will be turned off and you can control the aperture by yourself and shoot long exposures.
When shooting using Creative Mode (Flash Off) in daylight, keep the Shutter on “N” (normal exposure speed 1/125s) and use the Exposure Compensation Dial to adjust the aperture. In this way, you can set the Exposure Compensation Dial to +1 or +2 to get brighter images or set it to -1 or -2 to get darker images
When shooting using Creative Mode (Flash Off) at night, switch the Shutter to "B" (bulb - long exposure) and turn the Exposure Compensation Dial to +2. This setting is perfect for shooting fun long exposure instant photos without flash and doing light-paintings!
- Daylight Shooting: Select the Shutter "N" (normal exposure speed 1/125s) and use the Exposure Compensation Dial to adjust the aperture. In this way, you can set the Exposure Compensation Dial to +1 or +2 to get brighter images or set it to -1 or -2 to get darker images
Step 3. Take Your Photo
Back to top
- When your film is properly installed and you have selected your shooting mode, you are ready to shoot
- Determine your subject’s distance and select the suitable Focusing Zone Setting at 0.4m - 0.9m or 0.9m - Infinity
- Look through the Viewfinder and compose your photo
- Press the Shutter Release Button to take a photo. Once you have pressed the Shutter Release Button, the film will be automatically ejected
- Now wait for the photo to develop in your hands