Condition : 8
Flash shows signs of use but is clean. Flash will exhibit more obvious signs of use, including marks to the IR transmitter, marks to the screen and marks to the black finish of the body. In full working order.
Equipped with a USB port for firmware updates via internet, the Metz mecablitz 48 AF-1 digital has shown itself to be just as innovative as its big brother the 58 AF-1 digital. Perfectly matched to digital cameras from leading manufacturers, each model is flash-ready, due to its fully automatic flash modes. They facilitate precision light output, tailor-made for each individual subject. Numerous ...
Back to top
Equipped with a USB port for firmware updates via internet, the Metz mecablitz 48 AF-1 digital has shown itself to be just as innovative as its big brother the 58 AF-1 digital. Perfectly matched to digital cameras from leading manufacturers, each model is flash-ready, due to its fully automatic flash modes. They facilitate precision light output, tailor-made for each individual subject. Numerous manual intervention options complement the creative flexibility of the photographer. Supported by a fully swivelling reflector system, with extendible reflector card and a diffuser, almost unlimited possibilities open up for creative directed lighting. In the respective camera-specific wireless TTL mode, the 48 AF-1 digital can even be used detached from the camera as a slave unit. It is an outstanding flash unit for committed amateur photographers and budding pros alike.
18 Aug 2010 - Modern flashes are really getting quite clever and there’s a gulf between basic third party flashes and the manufacturers’ all singing, all dancing models. An island in this gulf is Metz - is one of the best known third party flash specialists who produce a range which aims to match the big boys in every respect while still remaining slightly more ‘cost effective’.
See how the 48 AF-1 compares...
Using a flash is more fun than ever before. It’s no wonder, because with Metz system flash units, absolute operating comfort is available. Clearly-arranged displays, some of them even illuminated, give information, for example, about what values the respective flash program completely automatically sets. Sophisticated flash techniques are therefore child‘s play to use. There is also the guaranteed future factor for units with an integrated USB port. It’s not for nothing that the mecablitz 58 AF-1 digital was given the prize for the “Best Flash Unit in Europe 2007/2008”* and the mecablitz 48 AF-1 digital a TIPA Award in the Best Accessory section.
* EISA Award 2007/2008 Flash output
- high max. GN of 48 for ISO 100/21° and 105 mm
Standard flash modes
- vertical (-7/+90°) and horizontal (270°) swivel reflector
- illuminable LCD display
- easy operating concept
- motor zoom for 24 - 105 mm illumination
- integrated wide-angle diffuser for 18 mm illumination
- extendible reflector card for soft flash illumination
- modeling light (permanent light for checking the photo)
- integrated autofocus measuring flash
- flash readiness and exposure control indicators on the unit and camera
- flash range indicator in the LCD display
- automatic unit switch-off and manual key lock
Camera-specific system flash modes
- TTL flash mode
- manual flash mode with 8 partial lighting levels
- HSS – high speed synchronization
- 1st and 2nd shutter curtain synchronization
- manual flash exposure correction for TTL flash mode
- automatic fill-in flash
- flash bracketing
Guaranteed in the future
- Pentax / Samsung Version
- P-TTL flash mode
- P-TTL remote mode (slave operation)
- Firmware update via integrated USB port
Back to top
- 4 x AA alkaline-magnesium or lithium batteries
- 4 x AA NC or NiMH rechargeable batteries
Back to top
||TTL, Auto and Manual
|Maximum Guide Number