Without compromising on style, the Nikon Coolpix A Digital Camera is the perfect solution for keen photographers who require digital SLR performance in a compact body that's easily portable. The Coolpix A features a large, DX-format 16.2-megapixel CMOS sensor and an EXPEED 2 image processing engine, which together ensure lifelike images with vivid colours and maximum image quality in a variety of scenes. The Nikkor fixed wide-angle 18.5mm f2.8 (28mm equivalent) lens offers high definition throughout the entire aperture range and provides a clear, standout image, even in dimly lit conditions. What's more, the Coolpix A can also deliver full HD 1080p movie recording in 30, 25, or 24 fps and in stereo sound, via the built-in stereo microphone. Furthermore, the Coolpix A also supports 14 bits compressed RAW image data, enabling you to adjust pure, unprocessed images in-camera. Other features include Wi-Fi compatibility, ISO 100-25600, manual/auto focus, a large 3.0” LCD, manual modes and much more.
The Key Features
- Highly advanced compact camera
- The ideal compact for users who want more control over their images
- 16.2 MP
- 3.0" LCD
- Wideangle 18.5mm f/2.8 lens
- 100-6400, ext. 25600
- Full HD 1080p movie recording
- Manual Modes
- 4 fps burst shooting
- 16.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor (23.6 x 15.6 mm): this highly sensitive sensor delivers lifelike images with vivid colours, reduced noise and smooth tonal gradations.
- EXPEED 2 image processing engine: the DSLR-standard EXPEED 2 optimises camera technologies for superior performance and maximum image quality, with minimal energy consumption.
- NIKKOR fixed wide-angle 18.5 mm f/2.8 lens (28mm equivalent): offers high definition throughout the entire aperture range and minimizes optical aberrations.
- High ISO (100-6400) light sensitivity (manually extendable up to 25600 using the Hi 2 setting): enables faster shutter speeds for finely detailed images with minimal noise.
- Manual/auto focus: the focusing ring enables manual focus and manual override when in Auto focus mode.
- Wi-Fi compatible: use Wi-Fi to transfer your high-quality images and movies to your smart device* via an optional Wi-Fi dongle (WU-1a).
- Full HD (1080p) movie recording: in 30, 25 or 24 fps and in stereo, via the built-in stereo microphone.
- RAW (NEF) data processing: supports 14 bits compressed RAW (Nikon Electronic Format) image data, enabling you to process and adjust unadulterated images in-camera.
- Durable design: boasts a high-quality and tough, yet light, body with a magnesium alloy top cover.
- Large 7.5-cm (3.0-in.) 921k-dot, high-resolution LCD monitor: makes it easy to view feature menus and a pleasure to review and edit your photos and movies.
- Advanced GUI: employs a graphical user interface (GUI) inherited from Nikon’s D-SLR range.
- Active D-Lighting: capture more detail in high-contrast conditions. Select from six different levels to optimise high-contrast images by restoring shadow and highlight details lost in strong light.
- Picture Control: allows you to adjust the contrast and colour settings (Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Custom) to match your situation.
- Mode dial with manual exposure modes (P/S/A/M) and 2 User modes: to recall your preferred camera settings instantly.
- Customizable function buttons: two buttons allow you to bypass the menu by creating shortcuts to your favorite camera settings.
- Continuous shooting at 4 fps: capture fast-moving action at 4 frames per second.
- Retouch menu: enhance your photos on the spot with a wide range of filter effects. Examples include Selective Colour, which converts your image to monochrome and then adds a splash of the colour of your choice, while Cross Screen adds a starry effect to bright objects.
- Optional external optical viewfinder: for those who prefer a traditional viewfinder, this optional attachment (DF-CP1) can be an alternative to the LCD screen. The ‘hot shoe’ can also be used to attach a more powerful External Speedlight flash unit.
- Compatible with Optional GPS (GPS-1): allowing you to record the exact location (latitude and longitude) of images as a ‘geotag’.
- UR-E24 adaptor ring: enables you to create different effects by attaching lens filters (46mm) or a lens hood (HN-CP18) to reduce peripheral light.
- SD card compatible: increase storage capacity by using SD cards (SDHC, SDXC and UHS-I compliant) to save your images and movies.
* Requires installation of the Nikon ‘Wireless Mobile Utility’ application (iOS and Android™ compatible) on your smart device.
Nikon - 2 Year Warranty
To take advantage of the extended warranty you are required to register the product within 30 days of purchase. The camera or kit must have been distributed by Nikon UK & Republic of Ireland, through an official UK retailer such as Wex Photo Video.
For details on how to register your product online please click here. Alternatively you can complete the in-box warranty slip or telephone 0800 408 5060 (Nikon UK).
Back to top
Back to top
||Hi-Speed USB, mini HDMI (Type C)
||? 5.0EV, 1/3EV step
||19 Scene Modes
||JPEG, RAW (NEF; a proprietary Nikon format) Movies: MOV (Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: Linear stereo PCM)
||Auto, On, Off, Red-Eye, Slow-sync
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)
||Strap AN-CP24, Battery charger MH-27, USB Cable UC-E16, Li-on Rechargeable battery EN-EL20, Hot shoe cover BS-1, ViewNX2
|Maximum Aperture – Tele
|Maximum Aperture – Wide
|Memory Card Format
||SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
||4928 x 3264
|Screen Size (Inches)
||23.6 x 15.6 mm
|Shutter Speed Max
|Shutter Speed Min
||111 x 64 x 40 mm
HD Movie Mode
Screen resolution (pixels)
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £13.66
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.