With its feminine shape and leather-look finish, the eye-catching Olympus Pen E-PL8 Digital Camera Body is designed with bloggers and fashionistas, in mind. Compact enough to slip easily into a bag, this small camera delivers high-quality images that can be easily shared to social media. A flip-down touch screen makes it ideal for taking selfies, and content can be edited effortlessly in-camera.
Key Features: Olympus Pen E-PL8 Digital Camera Body – White
- Iconic fashion item with high-end, interchangeable lens-camera performance
- Category-defining, curvaceous design with high-grade finish and eye-catching details
- Flip-down, reversible touchscreen and automatic selfie mode for high-quality still and video selfies
- On-camera video editing, effects and stitching for outstanding movies
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy transfer to compatible smartphones, tablets and social media via free OI.Share App
- Remote control via smartphone for full-body selfie fashion shoots
- Easy-access Art Filters for adding creative effects to photos and movies, incl. Old Film Effect, Art Fade, Multi Echo and One Shot
- My Clips folder storage for organizing, editing and stitching short video clips
- Made to match Olympus-exclusive accessories designed specifically for fashion-conscious women
- Compatible with full range of first-class M.ZUIKO lenses, incl. must-have 45mm prime portrait lens
- Browse Art Filters and see effect in real time in Live View
- Built-in indoor flash and compatibility with external system flashes
- Photo Story for laying out stills as a story in an album with a variety of creative effects
- iAuto lets the camera automatically select the best settings for any photo
- Live Guide makes it easy to adjust key settings like bokeh, ideal for non-experts
- e-Portrait for perfect skin tones
- Eye Detection for pin-sharp portraits
- Live Composite for long exposures that capture trails of light like stars through the night
- Fast AF focussing for highspeed sequential shooting
- Quick Start Guide gets beginners shooting straight away
To Die-For Design
The rounded PEN design is impressive from any angle. On the front, the gold or silver embossed Olympus PEN lettering recalls premium leather accessories and draws the eye to the minimalist, colour-coordinated grip. The premium look continues with the glittering, top-mounted metal dials and signature PEN “step”. The result is a camera that can be confidently carried – or worn – on any occasion. Which is where the compact, Micro Four Thirds format comes into play. Like any PEN, the lightweight E-PL8 is designed to go everywhere with you.
Introducing “Touch Selfies”
This new PEN elevates the selfie to an expressive art form, and makes it accessible to anyone. High-grade interchangeable lenses combine with high-end technologies to ensure maximum imaging power. Selfie Mode automatically activates when you flip down the reversible LCD, giving you one-touch access to key controls without worrying about blocking the shot with an errant finger. The result is beautifully lit, pin-sharp selfies, even when shooting against bright lights at night. Zoom lenses automatically move to wide-angle, and a choice of one-touch options appear on the LCD, including e-Portrait, Interval Shooting, Art Filters and movie special effects. PEN technology makes it possible to shoot spectacular, SLR-style shots with a defocused background or quirky fish-eye perspective that simply aren’t possible on even the best smartphones.
Movie Making Made Easy
The PEN makes it easy – and fun – to shoot and edit movies on-camera. You can record videos in short bursts, save them to ‘My Clips’, then stitch your favourite clips together to make a promo-style film with a soundtrack and Art Filter. For example, Old Film Effect randomly adds noise and scratches to create a retro look.
The World via WiFi
The new PEN links quickly to your smartphone via Wi-Fi and the free OI.Share App so you can shoot full-body selfies remotely (controlling the camera on your phone) and keep a fashion log showing the outfits you wear every day. Of course, from your smartphone it’s a cinch to upload to social media.
Change Lenses and Accessories
Like every PEN, the E-PL8 is compatible with Olympus’ ever-expanding family of high-grade M.ZUIKO system lenses, as well as the outstanding PEN Fashion Accessories, which offer a wide range of Shoulder Straps, Hand Straps or different bags for every style and every taste.
Back to top
Back to top
||Contrast Detection AF system
||BLS-50 Li-ion battery
||Wi-Fi, QR Code, Micro HDMI, USB
|Flash Guide Number
||Detachable Flash (included)
||Flash FL-LM1, Shoulder strap, BLS-50 Lithium-Ion battery, BCS-5 battery charger, Micro Four Thirds body cap (BC-2), Shoulder strap, CB-USB6 USB cable, Olympus viewer software, Operating instructions and Warranty card.
||Micro Four Thirds
||4608 x 3456
|Memory Card Format
||SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC, UHS-I compatible)
||TTL open aperture light metering
||Micro Four Thirds
||4/3 Live MOS Sensor
|Shutter Speed, Maximum
|Shutter Speed, Minimum
||117.1 x 68.3 x 38.4mm
HD Movie Mode
||Full HD 1080 30p
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £16.79
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.