Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement relates to actions and activities during the financial year 1st July 2016 to 30th June 2017.
This is the Group’s first statement on slavery and human trafficking following the introduction of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Warehouse Express Ltd (0336697), trading as Wex Photo Video (“Wex”); and
- Fixation (UK) Ltd (5416978), trading as Fixation. (“Fixation”)
The statement reflects the Group’s commitment to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our business activities and, the approach being taken to ensure that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our own business and supply chains. We all have a duty to be alert to risks, however small. Employees are expected to report their concerns and management to act upon them.
This statement covers the Company’s business activities in the UK which are as follows:
- Retail of specialist photographic equipment;
- Purchase and sale of used photographic equipment;
- Service and repair of photographic equipment; and
- Rental of photographic equipment.
Due diligence process
- Make our staff aware of the Modern Slavery Act, including its definitions of slavery and human trafficking;
- Tell staff what to do if they suspect a case of slavery or human trafficking;
- Contact suppliers and partners in potentially higher risk categories to check what assurance arrangements they have in place; and
- Commence a revision of our procurement contracts and related documents to include prohibitions in respect of slavery and human trafficking and compliance with the legislation.
The above procedures are designed to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our business and supply chains;
- Reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our business and supply chains;
- Monitor potential risk areas in our business and supply chains; and
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our Group's slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 30th June 2017.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. The Board of Directors endorses this policy statement and is fully committed to its implementation.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement has been approved and authorised by:
Chief Executive Officer
23rd December 2016