October 2012 - Model. The Apple iMac 21.5 inch 2.9GHz Intel Quad Core i5 8GB Ram + 1TB Hard Drive offers a big, bold display with third-generation Intel quad-core processors and the latest NVIDIA graphics. The new display design features IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology and LED backlighting to ensure a bright picture with excellent true-to-life colour from nearly any angle. Powered by third-generation Intel Core processors, the new iMac is the fastest yet. The advanced NVIDIA GeForce graphics processors deliver up to 60% greater performance for graphics-intensive tasks. You'll see more frames per second in 3D games, and you can edit HD home videos with more speed and responsiveness than ever before. In keeping with its sleek lines and stylish design, the iMac ensures your work area remains clutter free thanks to the inclusion of the wireless keyboard and magic-mouse as standard.
The Apple iMac 21.5 inch 2.9GHz Intel Quad Core i5 8GB Ram + 1TB Hard Drive
All-new design. The desktop. In its most advanced form ever.
Innovations you can see.
You won’t want anything to distract you from what you’re viewing on these big, beautiful 21.5- and 27-inch displays. And nothing will, thanks to a new display design that reduces reflection by 75 per cent. In addition, because the LCD now sits right up against the glass, your content seems to leap off the screen.
IPS technology and LED backlighting.
The gorgeous iMac display looks great from any seat in the house. A technology called in-plane switching (IPS) gives you a bright picture with excellent colour from nearly any angle. And LED backlighting offers instant-on, uniform brightness with no waiting. So you’re always ready to share that holiday slideshow with the family.
Vivid, true-to-life colour. Every time.
Everything you see on the big, glossy display — from skin tones and dark shadows to bright blue skies and green fields — is rich and vibrant. And the colours are more true to life too. That’s because every iMac display is individually colour-calibrated using state-of-the-art spectroradiometers to match colour standards recognised around the world.
Advanced NVIDIA GeForce graphics
iMac uses NVIDIA’s new Kepler graphics architecture to deliver up to 60 per cent faster graphics performance than the previous generation.*1 That translates into more frames per second, smoother animation and better responsiveness when you’re using graphics-intensive apps like 3D games, high-resolution photo and video editors, and more. If you choose the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX on the 27-inch iMac, you get the best graphics performance available in an all-in-one computer.
OS X Mountain Lion
OS X Mountain Lion makes every Mac intuitive and easy to use. It also makes it simple to find, organise, share and do just about everything. And thanks to iCloud, it makes your Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch work wonderfully together.
Ports and connections
Ultra-fast and ultra-flexible, the tiny Thunderbolt port offers unprecedented transfer speeds and incredibly versatile expansion capabilities. Connect high-performance peripherals such as external drives, cameras, audio and video capture devices — even Mini DisplayPort displays for more screen real estate. All iMac models include two Thunderbolt ports, so you can create the ultimate do-anything desktop.
Bring on your printer, digital camera, mobile phone and external hard drive. Every iMac comes with four USB 3 ports — with speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2 — so you’ll have plenty of peripheral possibilities, including your iPhone or iPod, printer or Apple USB SuperDrive.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The latest 802.11n wireless technology in iMac makes it effortless to connect to a Wi-Fi network.*4 Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology is also built in, so you can use your favourite wireless accessories — such as the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse — straight out of the box.
Audio and visual
Higher-fidelity sound and a larger soundstage.
Even though the iMac enclosure is thinner than ever, the new built-in speakers deliver higher-fidelity sound than before. So when you’re listening to that new album, watching the latest flick or playing your favourite action game, you’ll get immersive sound and a surprisingly wide soundstage.
Dual mics. Be heard loud and clear.
iMac has two built-in microphones that work together to home in on your voice and filter out the sounds around you. That means more accuracy when you’re using Dictation and better clarity during FaceTime video calls.
FaceTime HD camera for high-resolution video calls.
Get everyone in the picture with crisp, widescreen HD video. The built-in 720p FaceTime HD camera lets you make video calls that are so clear, it seems like everyone’s in the same room. Make FaceTime calls from your iMac to any FaceTime-enabled Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.*5
Wireless Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad.
Choose your perfect cable-free setup. Magic Mouse — which comes as standard with iMac — lets you perform simple gestures across its smooth, seamless top shell. Scroll in any direction with one finger, swipe through web pages and photos with two, and click and double-click anywhere. To take advantage of all the Multi-Touch gestures that make OS X Mountain Lion so easy and intuitive to use, choose the Magic Trackpad option when you buy from the Apple Online Store. Designed with a touch-friendly all-glass surface, it’s the largest Multi-Touch trackpad made by Apple. So there’s plenty of room for scrolling, swiping, pinching, rotating, and then some.
1. *1. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2012 using pre-production 21.5-inch 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i5–based iMac units with NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M and 512MB graphics memory, and shipping 21.5-inch 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5–based iMac units with AMD Radeon HD 6750M and 512MB graphics memory, all configured with 8GB RAM. StarCraft II v184.108.40.20660 tested using the 2012 MLG Winter Arena EGldrA vs IMNesTea replay from 11:00-16:00 with ultra graphics quality, at 1920x1080. Half-Life 2: Episode Two v(4295)(420) tested using storm.dem, maximum graphics quality, 4x anti-aliasing, 4x anisotropic filtering, at 1920x1080. Portal v(5042)(620) tested using LaserStairs.dem, maximum graphics quality, 4x anti-aliasing, 4x anisotropic filtering, at 1920x1080. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of iMac. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2012 using pre-production 27-inch 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based iMac units with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX and 2GB graphics memory, and shipping 27-inch 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based iMac units with AMD Radeon HD 6970M and 2GB graphics memory, all configured with 8GB RAM. StarCraft II v220.127.116.1160 tested using the 2012 MLG Winter Arena EGldrA vs IMNesTea replay from 11:00-16:00 with ultra graphics quality, at 2560x1440. Half-Life 2: Episode Two v(4295)(420) tested using storm.dem, maximum graphics quality, 4x anti-aliasing, 4x anisotropic filtering, at 2560x1440. Portal v(5042)(620) tested using LaserStairs.dem, maximum graphics quality, 4x anti-aliasing, 4x anisotropic filtering, at 2560x1440. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of iMac.
4. *4.Wireless Internet access requires a wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply.
5. *5. FaceTime video calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient and a Wi-Fi connection. Availability over a mobile network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
Back to top
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £46.15
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.