The 160GB Apple TV gives your photos much more life with full HD quality images on your HD Ready TV. Just plug the Apple TV unit into your home TV with one HDMI cable and the Apple TV will wirelessly connect to your Apple Mac or your PC in the normal, hassle-free Apple way - allowing you to show off your favourite images as and when you want to. You can even connect to Mobile ME or Flickr galleries. The Apple TV effectively gives you a super-sized Digital Frame in your home! You can also control your iTunes library from your TV with the remote control, turning your TV/Home Theatre system into a full blown music centre.
Apple TV - Put more HD on your HDTV
HD TV shows, HD podcasts, HD everything. With Apple TV, its all on demand. You get instant access to newly released Hollywood hits and popular classics as well as library titles, including the largest selection of on-demand HD movies. And now you can also purchase and watch your favorite TV shows in brilliant HD one day after they air.
Apple TV - Play your music through your home theatre system.
With Apple TV, iTunes syncs wirelessly to your TV, so all the music you've collected can now be played on the best speakers in your house. The new Genius feature studies your iTunes library to automatically create a playlist of songs that go great together. You can also browse and buy music videos on the iTunes Store. And sync songs and videos purchased on Apple TV to your computer and iPod or iPhone.
Apple TV - Now appearing on HDTV: Your photos. YouTube videos. And your podcasts, too.
Your photos deserve a bigger stage. And Apple TV puts them on your widescreen TV, where everybody can see them in stunning high definition. Select My Photos to browse photos that are on your Mac or PC. You can also access your Flickr or MobileMe galleries. And you no longer have to gather around a computer screen to see YouTube videos and podcasts - Apple TV plays them big and bold on your TV's spectacular screen.
Apple TV - Easy Setup
Apple TV - Connect to your network
Thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi technology, Apple TV connects to your wireless network to download content from the Internet, so you only have to connect it to your TV, not to a DSL or cable modem. Just join your existing wireless network from the Apple TV setup screen and you'll be renting HD movies and buying TV shows and music from your sofa in minutes.
Apple TV - Connect to your TV
Connect your Apple TV to your widescreen TV via an HDMI cable (sold separately). This single cable delivers both audio and video. If your HDMI port is in use, or if your TV doesn't have an HDMI port, connect using component video cables with analogue audio cables or with an optical audio cable (all sold separately). See above for TV compatibility.
Apple TV - Ports and interfaces
- HDMI (video and audio)
- Component video
- Optical audio
- Analogue RCA stereo audio
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
- USB 2.0
- 802.11n wireless networking
- Built-in IR receiver (works with included Apple Remote)
Apple TV - Photo formats supported
- JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG
Apple TV - Video formats supported
- H.264 and protected H.264 (from iTunes Store): Up to 5 Mbps, Progressive Main Profile (CAVLC) with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps (maximum resolution: 1280 by 720 pixels at 24 fps, 960 by 540 pixels at 30 fps) in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- iTunes Store purchased video: 320 by 240 pixels, 640 by 480 pixels, 720 by 480 pixels (anamorphic), or high-definition 720p
- MPEG-4: Up to 3 Mbps, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps (maximum resolution: 720 by 432 pixels at 30 fps) in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
Apple TV - Audio formats supported
Back to top
- AAC (16 to 320 Kbps); protected AAC (from iTunes Store); MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps); MP3 VBR; Apple Lossless; AIFF; WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
Back to top
||Mac OS X v10.3.9 or v10.4.9 or later, Windows XP Home or Professional (SP2) or Windows Vista with Wi-Fi 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n wireless network