The Azden SGM-DSLR Shotgun Microphone is a broadcast quality shotgun microphone aimed at professional DSLR users. It offers a highly directional pickup with wide frequency response and very low noise levels. Unlike the plastic housing of many competitors' microphones, the all-metal SGM-DSLR with its shock-mount holder eliminates camera, lens and motor noise. Powered by an LR-44 Alkaline battery, the Azden SGM-DSLR comes complete with shock-mount microphone holder and shoe, Azden Logo foam windscreen for wind protection and DSLR 3.5mm plug to plug output cable.
What is a shotgun microphone?
A shotgun microphone is long and cylindrical and will only pick up the sounds that are directly in front of it, while rejecting sounds to the sides and rear. Shotgun microphones are commonly used for interviews as they excel when they are closest to the subject and are good at picking up the mid frequencies of the vocal range.
What is a shock mount?
Shotgun microphones are very sensitive to vibrations and therefore a shock mount is essential to ensure you get the best out of your recordings. Shock mounts suspends the microphone with rubber bands and is designed to eliminate any vibrations the microphone may pick up. Shotgun microphones pick up sound a lot better than built-in microphones on a video camera or DSLR.
Most consumer shotgun microphones will connect to your DLSR/camcorder with a 3.5mm mini-plug jack. Advanced shotgun microphones connect with a three-pin XLR jack – please check what connection your camcorder takes to determine which shotgun mic you need.
What is a windscreen?
You will find that most microphones come with a basic foam windscreen. A windscreen is designed to protect your audio from light wind but it isn't enough protection for using a shotgun outdoors in strong wind. There is additional wind protection you can buy separately that slips over your microphone to reduce wind noise when shooting outdoors.
The Technical Specs:
Back to top
- Frequency Response: 80-18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: Super Cardioid -33dB re: 1V/PA
- Impedance: 1.5k ohms @ 1KHz
- Max. SPL Input Level: 103dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65dB
- Dynamic Range: 78dB
- Battery Type: LR-44 – supplied Alkaline battery
- Battery Current: 0.5 mA
- Battery Life: 150 hours w/Alkaline battery
- Weight w/o Battery: 3.75oz (106grams)
- Dimensions: 8.34? (212mm) length
- Dimensions: 0.83? (21mm) diameter
- Output Type: 3.5mm mini-jack
- Supplied Acc.: Shock-mount microphone holder with shoe
- Supplied Acc.: 1-Azden logo windscreen
- Supplied Acc.: 1-DSLR cable (3.5mm mini – 3.5mm mini)
- Supplied Acc.: 1-LR-44 Alkaline battery
Back to top
|For Use With
||212 x 21 mm