Carnival Pop-Up Competition: Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoters of the #CarnivalPopUp19 competition are Wex Photo Video, 13 Frensham Road, Norwich NR3 2BT and Martin Parr Foundation, 316 Paintworks, Arnos Vale, Bristol BS4 3AR.
2. Each entrant is allowed to enter the competition multiple times.
3. The competition will run on Instagram only via the #CarnivalPopUp19 hashtag.
4. The 80 winning images, as selected by Matt Stuart, Martin Parr and Lua Ribeira, will be printed at 25x20cm and exhibited at the Arnolfini gallery until 12 August.
5. Images must be submitted in JPEG format via Instagram, using the hashtag #CarnivalPopUp19. Videos, graphics or images in any other format will not be accepted.
6. Images can be submitted anytime from 6 July to midday on 8 July and must have been captured at St Pauls Carnival 2019. Images submitted on any other day, found to have been taken on a day other than the ones specified above or deemed to be on a subject unrelated to St Pauls Carnival 2019 will not be eligible for entry.
7. The competition closes at 12.00pm on 8 July 2019. Entries for the #CarnivalPopUp19 competition submitted after this point will not be accepted.
8. The winning shots will be displayed with an image credit, but no payment will be made to the photographer. By submitting an image on the above days using the #CarnivalPopUp19 hashtag, entrants are giving permission for the images to be printed and displayed for the purpose and duration of the exhibition.
9. Judging of entries for the competition will be carried out by Matt Stuart, Lua Ribeira and Martin Parr. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. By submitting images to the competition you confirm that you are the copyright holder and that the image is your original work. Wex Photo Video and MPF reserve the right to ask entrants to supply a high-resolution and/or RAW version of any submitted image (with metadata embedded) in order to verify any images it suspects may not be the photographer’s own work. Anyone found to be entering images belonging to others will be immediately disqualified.
11. Entrants retain all copyright over any images submitted, although by entering you agree for your images to be used by Wex Photo Video/ MPF for the purpose of the exhibition/pop up and the promotion of that event.
12. The competition is open to all UK residents aged 16 years or over as of July 5th 2019, except employees of Wex Photo Video, MPF, the companies or organisations with whom the competition is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the competition.
13. All entrants to competitions are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to co-operate in any future publicity that may arise. The winner announcements will be made on Instagram.
14. No purchase necessary to win nor enter.
15. Wex Photo Video and MPF reserve the right to disqualify entrants found to be breaking any of these conditions.
16. When entering the #CarnivalPopUp19 competition, you will not be added to any email marketing lists.
17. Any personal data required for the sending of prizes, acquisition of images and the organising of events is collected and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. We do not disclose data to any third parties unless disclosure is necessary for the fulfilment of a service or prize; you have specifically given consent for a particular service; or we have a legitimate interest in disclosing data. For more information about the kind of personal data we collect, read our full Privacy and Personal Data Policy.
18. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that any image submitted is law abiding and does not breach the General Data Protection Regulation.
19. The competition is subject to the general terms and conditions found at www.wex.co.uk/terms.
20. Wex Photo Video and MPF reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.