WSPA - Wex Student Photography Awards 2020 Terms and Conditions
- Promoter: Wex Photo Video. Wex Photo Video is a trading name of Calumet Photographic Limited (Company Registration no. 00425579) and Warehouse Express Limited (Company Registration no. 03366976). Registered office: 13 Frensham Road, Norwich. NR3 2BT.
- The competition is open to Degree, BTEC, SQA and equivalent photography course students from colleges and universities in the UK only; exceptions of entry are employees of Wex Photo Video, and anyone connected with the competition.
- Details of your current BTEC, SQA or University Photography course will be required.
- The winning and commended images will also be professionally printed and hung in the gallery space at the London Wex Photo Video store for one month. There will be an opportunity for the exhibition to tour further Wex Photo Video stores and other venues.
- The competition closes at 11:59pm on 31st March 2020. Entries received after this point will not be entered into the competition.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Entrance to the competition must be via www.wex.co.uk/wspa.
- Any entry that is defaced, made fraudulently or is illegible will not be accepted into the competition.
- Shortlisted entrants will be notified in early June 2020. The winners and commended images will be notified at the award ceremony on the 18th June 2020.
- The prize values are correct at time of going to press. The prizes to be awarded are:
The Phil Smith Student Photographic Award – Overall winning image:
Sony A7 III Body with Sony FE 24-105mm f4 G OSS and Sony 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 G SSM II lens worth £3,678 and a £2,500 Wex voucher
The Phil Smith Student Photographic Award – Overall winning image students University/College: £2,500 Wex voucher
1st Prize: Sony A6100 Body with 16-50mm Power Zoom lens worth £749 and a £1,000 Wex voucher
2nd Prize: Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 IV Digital Camera worth £599 and a £750 Wex voucher
3rd Prize: Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 Digital Camera worth £269 and a £500 Wex voucher
Commendations: 23 will be awarded, each will receive a certificate of commendation.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash, nor an alternative offered, unless there are circumstances beyond our control, in which case a prize of equal value will be offered.
- By submitting images to the Student Photography Award competition, you confirm that you are the copyright holder of the images and that they are your original work. Anyone found to be entering imagery belonging to others will be immediately disqualified.
- Submitted images must be JPEG files of no more than 10MB in size. Note that once judging has taken place, a high resolution TIFF file at 300DPI will be required for any successful shots.
- Entrants retain all copyright over any images submitted, although by entering you agree for your images to be used by Wex Photo Video for the purpose of promoting the competition and for use at any future events and exhibitions regarding the competition.
- Wex Photo Video is not responsible for the licensing of any images, models or locations submitted by entrants and will co-operate with authorities, should any copyright infringements arise.
- The winning and commended images will be selected according to merit. Judges include seven university lecturers who specialise in photography along with esteemed industry professional photographers.
- The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition you agree to participate in any reasonable promotional activity or press material regarding the competition when required by Wex Photo Video; and you agree that Wex has the right to print and hang your images across its estate of stores and or other venues.
- When entering the competition, you will not be added to any email marketing lists unless you specifically give us permission to do so.
- Any personal data required is collected and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. We do not disclose data to any third parties unless disclosure is necessary for the fulfilment of a service or prize; you have specifically given consent for a particular service or prize; or we have a legitimate interest in disclosing data. For more information about the kind of personal data we collect, read our full Privacy and Personal Data Policy: www.wex.co.uk/privacy.
- Any entrant found to have submitted content deemed inappropriate by Wex Photo Video will be disqualified immediately. Wex Photo Video reserves the right to contact authorities regarding any submission that is considered unlawful. The views and opinions expressed via all Wex Student Photography Award entries do not necessarily reflect those held by Wex Photo Video.
- Wex Photo Video reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances are beyond our control.