Want to photograph a show at the London Fashion Weekend? We’re giving away a limited number of places to do just that! Read on to find out more…
Image: Pankaj Ganpatlal
The London Fashion Weekend returns next month and, in association with Canon, we’re giving you the chance to come and photograph a show.
The event will take place on Saturday 28th February at Somerset House in London. To apply, all you need to do is email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘LFW’ in the subject line and the following information before 9am on Monday 9th February:
- Full name
- The make and model of the camera with which you’ll be shooting
If you have been successful in securing a place, we will reply no later than Monday 16th February with confirmation. Due to the expected high volume of requests, we will only be able to reply to those who have been allocated a space.
Who can apply
Please make sure you read all the details below before applying for a space.
Allocation of tickets is entirely at our discretion, although priority will be give to those who were not offered the chance to shoot a recent London Fashion Weekend show with Wex Photographic (so please do not apply if you were).
As this opportunity is offered in association with Canon, priority will be given to Canon users.Places are strictly limited, so please only apply for a place at the event if you are able to attend. We can only allocate one place per person.
Time and place
The event will be held on Saturday 28th February 2015 at Somerset House, London. The meeting place and time will be provided closer to the date of the event to those who secure a place.
- There will be a briefing and technical assistance before the show begins.
- You must bring your own camera and lenses as well as memory cards. Cameras and lenses will not be provided by Canon on the day.
- You will need to make your own travel arrangements to/from London and to the venue.
- You will be asked to sign an image waiver before entering the main show space. Images taken during the show are not to be sold in any capacity whatsoever. You are allowed to upload them to your personal webpage and portfolio but images cannot be used for any advertising or commercial use. Permission must be obtained from Canon, the BFC, Vodafone, Designer, Model, Model agency, MUA and Hair Designer before any commercial use is granted.
- During the day various filming, photography and broadcasting takes place. By your presence at London Fashion Weekend, you grant your permission for your likeness and voice to be included in pictures and/or on film and their exploitation and advertising without compensation or credit.
Terms and Conditions
1.1 The promoter is Wex Photographic, 13 Frensham Road, Norwich. NR3 2BT.
1.2 The competition is open to everyone over the age of 18; exceptions are employees of Wex Photographic and anyone connected with the prize draw.
1.3 The competition opens at 9am Saturday 10th January 2015 and closes at 9am Monday 9th February 2015. Entries received after this point will not be entered into the competition.
1.4 Winners will be notified within seven days of the competition closing. Should any winners not respond to any winner notifications within seven days, Wex Photographic reserves the right to offer these places to other entrants.
1.5 The prize cannot be exchanged for cash, nor an alternative offered, unless there are circumstances beyond our control, in which case a prize of equal value will be offered.
1.6 Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries, although these will be initially drawn from applicants that have not taken part in a similar event with Wex Photographic and Canon.
1.7 Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1.8 By entering the prize draw you agree to participate in any reasonable promotional activity or press material regarding the competition when required by Wex Photographic.
1.9 Wex Photographic will not pass on your personal details to any third-party companies.
1.10 The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook