Thank you to everyone who entered our July photo competition – we had some very creative entries. We are going through the entries now and will pick the winning images soon.
Now on to our August theme:
This month’s theme is Block Colour. The stark contrast of lighting and the abundance of colourful festivals and events make August a perfect time to capture bold blocks of colour. It’s a theme designed to create abstract thinking and interesting compositions.
How to enter
Post up to three of your most relevant Block Colour photos by midday on Sunday 31st August 2014 and be sure to:
- include a short caption or description
- tag your post with both our page +Wex Photographic and the comp tag #winwithwex (this step is important – it’s how we’ll track and see all the entries!)
If you’re entering images that are already in your Google+ photo albums, just reshare your entries to your timeline and be sure to follow the instructions above when you post them to make sure they’re tagged correctly. Here’s an example of how to do it and what it should look like:
This time, our top three favourites will win:
1st Prize: £100 Wex Photographic Voucher
2nd Prize: £50 Wex Photographic Voucher
3rd Prize: £25 Wex Photographic Voucher
If you have any questions about the competition, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments below.
Please take the time to read the terms and conditions for the competition:
Wex Photographic Google+ Photography Competition Terms & Conditions
- The Wex Photographic Google+ Photography Competition is subject to the Google Terms of Service.
- The competition closes at midday on Sunday 31st August 2014.
- Winners will be notified via Google+ and announced on the Wex Blog.
- The competition is open to UK residents only
- No purchase necessary to win nor enter.
- Copyright of the image remains the property of the photographer.
- Judging of all entries is carried out by employees of Wex Photographic, with entries judged on technical excellence, originality and creativity. No other factors are taken into consideration in determining the overall winner and runners-up.
- All images must be original and belong to the person uploading, unless the photo is a composite and uses some elements of other people’s images but only when you have been authorised by the copyright owner to edit and upload the new version.
- You agree to accept all liability for the legality of content you submit and will not hold Wex Photographic Ltd. responsible for any damages that result.
- You acknowledge that you have sufficient written permission of any recognisable models or other persons appearing in the photograph to be able to grant Wex Photographic the right to publish your photographic submission online and hereby grant us such right. If we are contacted by a subject of one of your photos asking for it to be removed we will do so.
- Entrants are only permitted to submit a maximum of three entries. Multiple submissions under alternative user profiles are not permitted.
- Copyright for images submitted for the Wex Photographic Google+ Competition remain with the respective entrants. However, by entering the competition you agree to allow Wex Photographic to feature any submitted images for the purpose of promoting the competition, including (but not limited to): in print, online and/or for display in our showroom.