Are you the next Wex Photographer of the Year? Read on to find out how to enter this year’s #WexMondays competition
The winning image from week 13 by Wex Photographer of the Year 2019, Dan Portch.
How to enter
Every Monday from January 14th 2019 until the end of the competition, we'll ask you to tweet one image that you've taken during the previous seven days, with the #WexMondays hashtag.
There's no theme and you can tweet your image at any point during the day, but you must include #WexMondays in your tweet and the image has to have been captured during the previous week. You also have to be a resident of the United Kingdom and aged 16 years or over, as of January 14th 2019, to play.
Note: For the first week of the competition ONLY, images taken from December 17 to January 13 will be eligible for entry.
Every Tuesday, our judges will compile a shortlist of their 10 favourite images from the week in question, and will decide on a winner and two runners-up. Each weekly winner will be awarded a £20 Wex Photo Video voucher and 100 points, while second and third place will receive 50 and 25 points respectively. The seven remaining shortlisted entries will receive 10 points each.
Points will be tallied via our #WexMondays leaderboard. Be sure to read the full terms and conditions, below, before entering and good luck. Who knows? The next Wex Photographer of the Year could be you!
The winning image from week 19 by
Wex Photographer of the Year 2019 runner-up, David Hixon.
#WexMondays 2020 overall winners:
Winner: £1,500 worth of Wex Photo Video vouchers
2nd place: £500 worth of Wex Photo Video vouchers
3rd place: £250 worth of Wex Photo Video vouchers
#WexMondays 2020 weekly winners:
Winner: £20 Wex Photo Video voucher and 100 points
2nd place: 50 points
3rd place: 25 points
Shortlisted: 10 points
The first weekly competition will take place on January 14th 2019, so make sure you’re following us on Twitter and look out for our tweets on the day.
The winning image from week 40 by Wex Photographer of the Year 2019 runner-up, Verity Milligan.
Competition terms and conditions
1. The Promoter is Wex Photo Video, 13 Frensham Road, Norwich, NR3 2BT.
2. Each entrant is allowed one entry per person per week to the weekly #WexMondays competition. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
3. Multiple entries from different accounts will not be permitted, nor will joint entries or entries from accounts that represent multiple users. Only entries from Twitter accounts that clearly identify a single photographer will be eligible for entry.
4. Points cannot be carried over from one Twitter account to another.
5. The winner of each week’s #WexMondays competition will be awarded 100 points and a £20 Wex Photo Video voucher, while second and third place will be awarded 50 and 25 points respectively. The seven remaining shortlisted entries will receive 10 points. Winners and runners-up will be placed on a leaderboard in order of points awarded, which will be made available at www.wexphotovideo.com/blog/. The leaderboard will display the current top 50, and at the end of the weekly competitions it will determine the winner and runners-up of the Wex Photographer of the Year (WPOTY) 2020 competition.
6. Images submitted to the weekly #WexMondays competition must be in the JPEG format. Videos, graphics or images in any other format will not be accepted.
7. Images can be submitted anytime on a Monday until midnight for that week’s contest, and must have been captured at any point during the week prior to that contest (from 00:00 on the previous Monday through to 23:59 on Sunday). Images submitted on any other day, or found to have been taken on a day other than the ones specified above, will not be eligible for entry.
8. The WPOTY competition closes at 23.59 on Monday 2nd December 2019. Entries for the #WexMondays competition submitted after this point will not be accepted. The WPOTY overall winner (i.e. the entrant with the highest number of points after the last weekly competition has taken place) and runners-up (i.e. the entrants with the second and third highest number of points after the last weekly competition has taken place) will be announced within 28 days of the WPOTY competition closing.
9. The overall WPOTY winner will receive £1,500 worth of Wex Photo Video vouchers. The runners-up with the second and third highest number of points will receive £500 and £250 worth of Wex Photo Video vouchers respectively. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However, Wex Photo Video retains the full and free right to alter prizes should circumstances change beyond our control.
10. Judging of entries for each week’s #WexMondays competition will be carried out by employees of Wex Photo Video. Should there be a tie between two or more entrants after the final weekly #WexMondays competition, a professional photographer of Wex Photo Video's choosing will be called upon to make the final decision.
11. By submitting images to the competition you confirm that you are the copyright holder of the image and that the image is your original work. Wex Photo Video reserves the right to ask entrants to supply a high-resolution and/or RAW version of any submitted image (with metadata embedded) in order to verify any images it suspects may not be the photographer’s own work. Anyone found to be entering images belonging to others will be immediately disqualified.
12. Entrants retain all copyright over any images submitted, although by entering you agree for your images to be used by Wex Photo Video for the purpose of promoting the competition. Winning images will also be displayed in an exhibition following the end of the competition; it is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure they have a high-resolution version of any submitted image (i.e. suitable for printing to a reasonable size).
13. The #WexMondays and WPOTY competitions are open to all UK residents aged 16 years or over as of January 14th 2019, except employees of Wex Photo Video, the companies or organisations with whom the competition is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the competition.
14. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to co-operate in any future publicity that may arise. The winner’s announcement will be made on Twitter and at www.wexphotovideo.com/blog/.
15. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner, although if the winner cannot be contacted within 28 days of the competition closing, Wex Photo Video reserves the right to offer the main prize to the runner up, 2nd place to the entrant with the third highest number of points from the weekly #WexMondays contests and the 3rd place to the entrant with the fourth highest number of points.
16. No purchase necessary to win nor enter.
17. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Wex Photo Video reserves the right to disqualify entrants found to be breaking any of these conditions from each weekly competition. Those found to be repeatedly breaking these conditions will be notified of their disqualification from the overall WPOTY competition.
19. When entering the #WexMondays competition, you will not be added to any email marketing lists.
20. Any personal data required for the sending of prizes, acquisition of images and the organising of events is collected and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. We do not disclose data to any third parties unless disclosure is necessary for the fulfilment of a service or prize; you have specifically given consent for a particular service; or we have a legitimate interest in disclosing data. For more information about the kind of personal data we collect, read our full Privacy and Personal Data Policy.
21. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that any image submitted is law abiding and does not breach the General Data Protection Regulation.
22. The competition is subject to the general terms and conditions found here.
23. Wex Photo Video reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.