WexShorts Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is Wex Photo Video, 13 Frensham Road, Norwich. NR3 2BT.
2. Films must be submitted to the WexShorts competition via the online submission form (which must be completed in full) as a link to either YouTube or Vimeo. Any other form of submission will not be accepted.
3. Only videos shot and edited after February 6th 2018, and with a running time of four minutes or shorter will be eligible for entry.
4. Participants enter the WexShorts competition at their own risk and are solely responsible for their own health and safety. Wex Photo Video does not accept responsibility for any repercussions that may arise before, during or after filming and/or release.
5. Wex Photo Video is not responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by entrants in the process of creating and submitting their films.
6. Entries can be submitted at any time until 11:59pm on May 6th 2019. Films submitted after this date will not be eligible for entry.
7. The WexShorts winners and runner-ups will be announced after 11:59pm on May 6th 2019, within 28 days of the WexShorts competition closing.
8. The winner of WexShorts will receive £1,000 worth of Wex Photo Video vouchers, and a free three-month rental of the new Panasonic LUMIX S1 and two lenses (subject to signing a rental agreement with Panasonic). The runner-up of WexShorts will receive £200 worth of Wex Photo Video vouchers. There is only one winner and one runner-up. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However, Wex Photo Video retains the full and free right to alter prizes should circumstances change beyond its control.
9. By submitting footage to the WexShorts competition, you confirm that you are the copyright holder of the footage and that the footage is your original work. Wex Photo Video reserves the right to ask entrants to supply the original rushes from the camera, in order to verify any footage it suspects may not be the filmmaker’s own work. Anyone found to be entering footage, audio or imagery belonging to others will be immediately disqualified.
10. Entrants retain all copyright over any footage submitted, although by entering you agree for your footage to be used by Wex Photo Video for the purpose of promoting the WexShorts competition online and for use at any future events.
11. Wex Photo Video is not responsible for the licensing of any footage, model, location or audio submitted by entrants and will co-operate with authorities, should any copyright infringements arise.
12. This WexShorts competition is open to all UK residents aged 16 years or over as of February 6th 2019, except employees of Wex Photo Video, the companies or organisations with whom the competition is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the competition.
13. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners, although if the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 28 days of the WexShorts competition closing, Wex Photo Video reserves the right to offer the main prize to the runner-up and the runner-up prize to another entrant (as chosen by the WexShorts judges).
14. No purchase necessary to win nor enter.
15. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Wex Photo Video reserves the right to disqualify entrants found to be breaking any of these WexShorts competition terms and conditions. Those found breaking any conditions will be notified of their disqualification from the WexShorts competition.
17. Any entrant found to have submitted content deemed inappropriate by Wex Photo Video will be disqualified immediately. Wex Photo Video reserves the right to contact authorities regarding any submission that is considered unlawful. The views and opinions expressed via all WexShorts entries do not necessarily reflect those held by Wex Photo Video.
18. When entering the WexShorts competition, you will not be added to any email marketing lists.
19. Any personal data required for the sending of prizes, acquisition of video and the organising of events is collected and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. We do not disclose data to any third parties unless disclosure is necessary for the fulfilment of a service or prize; you have specifically given consent for a particular service; or we have a legitimate interest in disclosing data. For more information about the kind of personal data we collect, read our full Privacy and Personal Data Policy.
20. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that any image submitted is law abiding and does not breach the General Data Protection Regulation.
21. The competition is subject to the general terms and conditions found here.
22. All entrants are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to co-operate in any future publicity that may arise.
23. Wex Photo Video reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances are beyond our control.