The Boya BY-BM3011 Compact Shotgun Microphone from Boya is a compact, lightweight condenser microphone to add depth and quality to your content. As this shotgun mic is compatible with both smartphones and DSLR/mirrorless cameras, it is great for beginner/intermediate-level vlogging, creating YouTube content, Facebook Live, and much more. This is via the included 3.5mm TRS to a 3.5mm TRS cable for cameras of all kinds as well as audio recorders, whilst the 3.5mm TRS to TRRS cable is for smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices. Its cardioid polar pattern is able to capture audio directly in front of the microphone and at the same time, reduces background sound more effectively than the omnidirectional mic built-in to most cameras and phones. As well as this, an integrated Shockmount absorbs noise-causing vibrations, attaching directly to your camera's shoe mount.
Boya BY-BM3011 Compact Shotgun Microphone Key Features:
- Beginner/intermediate compact shotgun microphone system
- Impressive cardioid pickup pattern to reduce background noise
- Ideally suited to smartphones, DSLRs, and mid/entry-level camcorders
- Great for vlogging, YouTube content, Facebook Live, and much more
- Includes all relevant cables to connect to both smartphones and camera systems
- 1/4"-20 socket for use with Boom Pole (sold separately)
- Lightweight and durable ABS plastic construction
- Effective integrated Shockmount
- Foam and furry windscreens included
- Operates for up to 72 hours on a single AAA battery
What's in the box?
- 1 x BOYA BY-BM3011 Compact Shotgun Microphone
- 1 x Shockmount
- 1 x Foam Windscreen
- 1 x Furry Windscreen
- 1 x 3.5mm to 3.5mm TRS Cable
- 1 x 3.5mm to 3.5mm TRRS Cable
Boya BY-BM3011 Compact Shotgun Microphone Product Video:
BOYA BY-BM3011 Compact Shotgun Microphone
Can you attach this compact shotgun mic to a boom pole?
Yes, you can attach this compact shotgun mic via the 1/4"-20 socket for use with a Boom Pole (sold separately).
Can you attach the BY-BM3011 to both a smartphone and camera system?
Yes, you can use this compact shotgun microphone with both smartphones and DSLR/mirrorless cameras.
Is a compact shotgun microphone well-made for streaming and social content?
Compact shotgun microphones are great for vlogging, creating YouTube content, Facebook Live, and much more. This is due to their cardioid polar pattern and included windscreens that work to reduce unwanted ambient noise. The BY-BM3011 is an affordable, compact shotgun microphone that captures broadcast-quality audio.
Back to top
Back to top