The Canon EOS C200 w/ 24-105mm lens opens up new creative options for videographers – it’s the first Canon cinema camera to offer internal 4K recording. Users can capture 10-bit 4K 50p, 12-bit 4K 25p in the new Cinema RAW Light codec, as well as continuous 120p in Full HD without crop. This can all be seamlessly recorded internally to a CFast 2.0 card, and is powered by dual DIGIC DV6 processors.
Key Features: Canon EOS C200 with EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens
- The first Cinema EOS camera to support Cinema RAW Light: Cinema RAW Light offers the same flexibility and quality as Cinema RAW while outputting far more manageable file sizes
- High frame-rate recording: The C200 offers 4K capture at 50fps and 1080p capture up to 120fps internally, all without a crop
- Up to 13 stops of dynamic range: While shooting in RAW or C-Log the C200 can capture an impressive 13-stops of dynamic range, allowing greater flexibility when capturing highlights and shadow details
- Wide ISO range: An ISO range of 100-102,400 ensures impressive performance even in low-light conditions
- Built in neutral density filters: Built-in ND filters provide up to 10-stops of light transmittance, providing even greater flexibility when control the light in a shot, and depth-of-field control
- Dual SD card slots for 2K proxy recording with 4K DCI or two streams of UHD / Full HD to MP4
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with touchscreen controls
- Electronic View Finder Removal Service - (Added 25 May 2018)
Cinema RAW Light
A new flexible codec that offers all of the benefits of shooting RAW without the excessively bulky file sizes. Canon have worked with their partners to provide a codec that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible, while ensuring it remains compatible with the major colour-correction applications.
Ergonimically designed for maximum usability
Featuring a next generation Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system, connectivity, and reliability all in a compact 1.4kg package, the C200 was engineered to meet the needs of the modern videographer.
Powered by Dual DIGIC DV6 processors
The C200 boasts enough power to record high frame-rate 4K internally at 150mbps and even 2K at 35mbps to SD card in MP4 format.
Quality and dynamic range with cinema raw light
One of the star features with the EOS C200 is the new Cinema RAW Light format, which offers impressive dynamic range for the ultimate in creative possibilities. Cinema RAW Light format makes 4K recording available at a new low cost and gives the camera great potential for TV commercials or dramas. This is a derivative of Cinema RAW, but files are reduced to between a third and a fifth of the size. This still results in a 1Gbits/sec data rate that is extremely high quality, but within the capabilities of CFast 2.0 storage, allowing the EOS C200 to record 4K DCI resolution to this format internally.
Another benefit of the new format is that the EOS C200’s already impressive 13 stops of latitude with MP4 recording and Canon Log / Log 3 is extended to 15 stops in Cinema RAW Light mode (when processed with Canon’s Cinema RAW Development 2.0 software with Canon Log 2). This gives the EOS C200 classleading abilities for high-end production work requiring maximum shadow and highlight detail for extensive grading options. The EOS C200 supports ACES 1.0 and the ST.2084 standard for on-set monitoring with a compatible monitor.
The EOS C200 can handle a very wide variety of lighting conditions from bright light to dark night time. For bright conditions, ISO 100 is supported for wide apertures and great background "bokeh". At the other end of the scale, up to 102,400 ISO and 54dB gain can be applied. This makes shooting in extreme low light without artificial illumination creatively viable. Another popular Canon feature, built in ND, uses a dual-layer turret providing up to 10 stops.
Supreme shooting flexibility
As with other recent Canon Cinema models, Dual Pixel CMOS AF is supported. This supremely reliable and accurate autofocus system can take the place of a dedicated follow focus operative, keeping crew requirements to the minimum. The AF can now be tuned in the menu to precisely the behaviour required. The new touchscreen further aids focus control and AF point selection.
Central to the EOS C200’s powerful capabilities is its Super 35mm CMOS sensor. This boasts an effective 8.85Mpixels, and is now partnered by Dual DiGIC DV6 image processors. This potent combination enables a wide range of shooting resolutions and frame rates, all the way up to 4K/50P DCI (4,096 x 2160) Cinema RAW Light and 4K UHD/50P (3,840 x, 2,160) MP4, both of which can be recorded internally. When shooting 4K DCI footage, a 10-bit signal can be captured up to 50P, and 12-bit at up to 25P. With UHD in MP4, frame rates up to 50P are available with 8-bit colour.
One of the most frequent requests from existing Canon Cinema camera owners has also been addressed with the inclusion of high-speed shooting up to 120 frames per second in Full HD. The footage can be played back at half, quarter, or 20 per cent speed for frame-perfect, smooth slow motion.
Maximum recording flexibility is provided by the inclusion of dual SD card slots and a single CFast 2.0™ slot. The latter provides compatibility with other Canon 4K Cinema EOS cameras, and supports recording of 4K DCI Cinema RAW Light internally. The two SD card slots can be used for simultaneous MP4 formats up to UHD 4K. It’s also possible to record a 2K MP4 proxy to SD simultaneously with the 4K DCI captured to CFast 2.0™, for backup or proxy editing.
With UHS Class 3 SDXC cards, MP4-based 4K UHD can be recorded at a highquality 150Mbits/sec, whilst 2K or Full HD is captured at 35Mbits/sec. But the 4K DCI data rate is a very high 1Gbit/sec, using CFast 2.0™ storage. For 2K and Full HD, Over Sampling HD processing, as found in the flagship Canon Cinema EOS C700, is employed. This uses the 4K Bayer pattern to produce separate 4K RGB channels that are then resized to create the 2K signal. The advantage is suppressed moire and a very sharp, high quality image in 2K/Full HD.
Built on a solid foundation
The EOS C200 is available as a complete solution with monitor, handle, and hand grip included. However, the design is a highly flexible and configurable modular one that can be used with a variety of accessories and onnections or can be stripped right back for use on booms, gimbals and drones. A full range of professional connections is available on the camera body itself, with a pair of XLR audio ports, SDI, HDMI, and even Ethernet. So a huge range of peripheral devices can be connected. This includes a new touchscreen LCD for camera control and AF selection. Built-in Ethernet or WiFi can be used for browser-based control and FTP file transfer – great when the camera is being operated remotely. The same battery is used as the C300 Mark II.
All these amazing new features arrive alongside the core capabilities that have made Canon Cinema cameras so attractive. The EOS C200 uses the Canon EF lens mount. This provides access to the enormous range of Canon lenses using this system, from class-leading stills glass all the way to the 4K range of servo, prime and zoom Cine options. The EOS Cinema C200 is a Canon camera that spans every possibility from news gathering and events to indie film production. It’s the perfect workhorse for a vast range of situations.
Thoughts on the Canon C200 | Ollie Kenchington | Canon Cinema RAW Light
- Sensor: Super 35mm type CMOS
- System: RGB primary colour filter
- Total pixels per sensor: 4306 x 2340
- Dynamic range: 13 stops (Canon Log3)
- Processor: Dual DIGIC DV6
- Lens mount: Canon EF Mount
- ND Filter: Clear, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10-stop
- Focus control: Manual, Auto (Dual Pixel Approximately 80% vertical, 80% horizontal)
- Iris control: Manual via camera body, fine, ½ or 1/3 step increments, Auto, Push auto
- RAW recording options:Cinema RAW Light, MP4
- Recording time (CFast 2.0): 128GB 15 mins (4K Cinema RAW Light 1Gbps VBR)
- Recording time (SD Card): 128GB 110 mins (MP4, 150mbps) 485mins (MP4, 35mbps)
- Frame rate:
- 59.94 Hz mode (59.94/29.97/23.98P)
- 50.00 Hz mode (50.00/25.00P)
- 24.00 Hz mode (24.00P)
- Slow/Fast motion: Yes
- Interval record: Yes
- Frame record: Yes
- Pre-record: Yes, 3 seconds
- Relay recording: Yes, SD only
- Double slot (simultaneous): Yes, SD only
- HD-SD conversion: No
- Monitoring: Wave form, Colour bars (SMPTE / EBU / ARIB), Peaking, Zebra, Markers
- Built in EVF: Yes, 1.77m dots
- Display panel: 4 inch diagonal LCD monitor 1.23m dots
- Audio in:XLR x 2, 3.5mm audio, AES/EBU digital or Analog Audio input, Line, Mic, +48V Phantom Power
- Headphone output: Yes
- HDMI: Yes, HDMI 2.0
- USB: Yes, Mini-B Hi-Speed
Key Features: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens
- For high-quality images that impress
- Extended zoom range with constant f/4 maximum aperture
- Stay sharp even in low light
- Be versatile with video
- Image Stabilisation for low-light and tripod-free shooting
- Ultra Sonic Motor for quick and silent autofocusing
- When the going gets tough, keep shooting
Introducing the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
Back to top
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £230.93
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.