Introducing the Canon EOS R6 Mirrorless Camera. Canon’s goal with this camera body is to bring together each and every photographic discipline, allowing anyone’s practice to thrive using this system. The EOS R6 features incredible shooting speeds and even more impressive low-light performance which extends the areas of photography that can be explored. Furthermore, the EOS R6 is amongst the first two Canon cameras ever to feature In-Built Image Stabilisation (IBIS) which when combined with specific RF and EF optically stabilised lenses, offers effectively 8-stops of stabilisation. This means that you can capture shake-free images and super-smooth video footage, using the EOS R6’s 4K60p video capabilities. In addition to all these features, the EOS R6 also comes with Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF II system which provides incredible subject tracking of both humans and now animals too!
Canon EOS R6 Key Features:
- Large 21 MegaPixel Image Sensor
- Powerful DIGIC X Image Processor
- Excellent Low-Light Performance
- ISO range comes in at 100-102400
- ISO can be expanded to 50-204,800
- Stunning 4K 60p Video Recording
- Canon’s first In-Body Image Stabiliser
- 8-Stop Sensor-Shift Image Stabilisation
- Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF II System
- Two Super-Fast UHS-II SD Card Slots
- 3.69 Million Dot OLED Colour EVF
- 1.62 Million-Dot Vari-Angle LCD Touch Screen
- The Canon RF Lens Mount
The Canon EOS R6 is designed to provide excellent low-light performance that has significantly reduced noise and grain. It has an ISO range from 100-102400 but this can be expanded to 50- 204,800, giving an incredible amount of versatility in your shooting, whether it be photographs or video footage.
In-Built Image Stabilisation
Another factor that aids the low-light performance of the EOS R6 is the In-Built Image Stabilisation (IBIS). This is a Canon first that has not been introduced to any other Canon Camera, other than the EOS R6’s sibling: the Canon EOS R5. This IBIS technology works together with Canon’s optical stabilisers featured in the RF and EF lens series’, effectively giving 8-stops of stabilisation (in specific lenses). In turn, this provides you with pin-sharp, shake-free images and video footage.
Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF II System
Like the EOS R5, the EOS R6 also features Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus System. This advanced technology is brought over from the EOS-1D X Mark III and enables lightning-fast focus tracking on faces, heads and eyes. This tracking makes for effortless and efficient shooting and filming experiences. As well as this, another Canon first is the ability to track animal subjects. Using the technology within, the EOS R6 cam precisely track the whole body, face, or eyes of dogs, cats and even birds.
All of the above set the EOS R6 up to be an efficient video camera, suitable for any professional video maker. The expandable ISO range, IBIS and Dual Pixel CMOS AF II all lend themselves to what is perceived as necessary for any modern-day videography; but what else is needed? What’s needed is the ability to capture stunningly sharp and details 4K 60p video footage; and that’s exactly what the EOS R6 can do. The EOS R6 can shoot 4K UHD and Full HD (16:9) footage, adhering to today’s industries standards.
Canon’s Cloud Service
The EOS R6 comes with built-in Wi-Fi which can be linked with Canon’s cloud service image.canon. Using the Wi-Fi and this cloud service, you can easily shoots and transfer your photos and videos directly to the cloud. It’s also compatible with Auto Image Transfer so you can edit on the move or automatically download the images to your home computer to edit later.
What Our Experts Say:
Why we love the EOS R6:
- Being able to shoot up to 240 RAW images and 1000+ JPEG images at up to 20FPS with autofocus.
- The EOS R6 is capable of autofocussing down at f/22 and in -6.5EV lighting situations so the autofocus will work wonders even in near darkness.
- A new LP-E6NH battery helps to increase shooting times, whilst other LP-E6 batteries are forward compatible so you can keep using your current spares.
- A new 5 axis image stabilisation system offers up to 8 stops of compensation.
Use this camera for:
- The new EOS R6 is a versatile body and can be used from shooting everything from sports and wildlife (due to the quick continuous shooting speeds) to low-light portraiture thanks to the full-frame sensor.
- High-end travel photography will be easy with this portable, high-quality body which can also shoot 4K 60P video for the hybrid shooters out there.
Look and feel:
- The new Canon EOS EOS R6 has a similar build to EOS DSLR bodies with a similar control layout and large grip, but a more modern, streamlined body. The EOS R6 loses the bulky look of its DSLR inspirations but is also a far cry from some of its more vintage-styled competitors. For anyone who is used to a DSLR and wants to move into mirrorless, this could be the camera for you.
Is it better:
- The EOS EOS R6 isn’t a direct replacement for any of the Canon range, however, it does offer an impressive set of specs to use alongside Canon’s ever-growing list of lenses. With the new IBIS system, upgraded autofocus capabilities and new battery – the EOS R6 is definitely going to be a market contender.
We can’t wait to test:
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF during high-speed continuous shooting.
- Travelling with one battery all day to check out the life span.
- Shooting in low-light situations to try out the EOS R6’s new IBIS system along with its focusing capabilities.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Canon EOS R6 Body
- 1 x Camera Cover R-F-5
- 1 x Strap ER-EOS R6
- 1 x Canon LP-E6NH
- 1 x Battery Charger LC-E6E
- 1 x Battery Pack Cover
- 1 x AC Cable
Canon R6 Product Video
The EOS R6 - new full-frame mirrorless announced | Spec Overview
Canon EOS R6 Sample Images:
Will LP-E6 Batteries work?
Yes, they will work. However, the fastest shooting rates and in-camera charging that the R5 offers are not available when using an older LP-E6 battery.
Can you use EF lenses on the EOS R6?
Yes! But you’ll need to get a mount adapter. We suggest the Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R.
Q: Does the EOS R6 have the EOS R's Multi-function bar?
A: No. Canon has removed this bar and replaced it with a multi-function controller. This was a conscious decision by Canon that offers a familiar eight-way control over AF points like that we know of on the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV or Canon EOS 90D.
Back to top