Item Condition : 8
Flashgun shows signs of use, including light scratches to the screen, the aux port cover is missing, general marks and shining to the flash head and body and debris in the seams of the head hinge.
Back to top
Supplied with: White box and pouch.
The Canon 580 EX II Speedlite improves upon the design of the renowned Speedlite 580EX. New features include dustproof, water-resistant performance on a par with Canon EOS-1D/1Ds series SLR cameras, the ability to change flash unit settings on the connected EOS camera, and a metal contact area for more reliable conduction. While the illumination and bounce angles are similar to the previous Speedlite 580EX, performance has been improved to better meet professional needs through a shorter and silent recycling, and an external flash metering function.Please Note: This model is now discontinued and a new version is now available: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flashgun.
- E-TTL II evaluative flash metering for critically accurate exposure.
- High output with maximum guide number 58 at 105mm setting (ISO 100, metres).
- Autozoom and colour temperature information for improved flash with selected digital SLR cameras.
- Fully featured wireless flash capability, with built-in slave and transmitter, using multiple Speedlites.
- Dust and water resistance improves reliability under harsh conditions.
- Metal mounting foot with new locking mechanism improves connection and communication reliability.
580EXII Powerful and Efficient
E-TTL II flash metering utilising lens distance information with pre-flash to balances flash with ambient light for more evenly lit and natural looking photos even if the subject includes highly reflective objects
High power flash output with maximum guide number of 58 at 105mm setting (ISO 100, metres)
Highly efficient power supply design providing up to 20% improvement in flash recycle time
Autozoom control with selected digital SLR cameras to automatically match the flash head to the effective focal length of the camera ensuring greater accuracy and optimal output
Colour temperature information transmission with selected digital SLR cameras ensuring optimal colour balance setting for flash output
- High-speed (FP) sync mode, Flash Exposure Bracketing (FEB) and Flash Exposure (FE) Lock.
- Built-in transmitter and receiver offering fully wireless automatic flash with up to three groups of multiple Speedlites that can be controlled from the 580EX II or optional Wireless Transmitter ST-E2.
- Manual flash output between 1/1 to 1/128 in 1/3 stop increments.
- Stroboscopic flash output between ¼ to 1/128 with frequency range of 1 to 199Hz.
- 14 Custom Functions with 32 settings permitting customisation of operation to personal preferences.
- Dust and water resistant system - Exterior seams and joints, window edges, moving parts and the control panel are sealed against dust and water.
- Silent recycling oscillation frequency is beyond the hearing ability of humans.
- External metering system work with the flash reflecting off the subject measured by the external metering system.
580 EXII Advanced Design
Back to top
- Autozoom head covering a range of 24-105mm or as wide as 14mm with built-in wide panel engaged.
- Built-in AF-assist beam compatible with EOS multi-point AF systems including 45-point Area AF types.
- Fully swivelling head with stops at 60, 75, 90, 120, 150 and 180 degrees.
- Flexible bounce head with stops at 7 (down), 45, 60, 75 and 90 degrees.
- Built-in catchlight reflector allowing a catchlight to be added quickly and conveniently to portraits.
- Improved reliability with direct contacts with the new metal quick lock and quick release mounting foot, which improves connection and communication reliability.
Back to top
Max guide number