The lightest telescope in the series, the Inspire 70AZ, is the ultimate telescope for novice to intermediate astronomers. It’s packed with features never seen before on entry-level telescopes, including fully-coated glass optics, a solid altazimuth mount with an asymmetrical design, steel tripod with fold-up accessory tray, smartphone adapter, built-in red LED flashlight, and focus micrometre.
Key Features: Celestron Inspire 70mm AZ Refractor Telescope
The Inspire has the easiest setup of any telescope in its class. Simply pop open the tripod legs, turn the lock knob on the accessory tray, and attach the telescope tube to the base using the quick release dovetail mount. You are now ready to observe!
The lens cap has an integrated smartphone adapter built into it. Place your smartphone against the rubberized friction surface on the outside of the cap so your camera is viewing through the imaging port. Secure the smartphone using the two adjustable bungee cords. The inside of the lens cap has a fitting that secures to your eyepiece using two set screws. Voila! You are now ready to take high power images through the telescope.
The mount has a red LED flashlight built-in. Turn the flashlight on to illuminate your accessory tray with a soft red glow. The flashlight can easily be removed from the mount to provide red light where you need it most.
The focus micrometre is a numbered scale that indicates the focuser’s position. It allows quick return to a specific focus point for specific targets such as a bird nest, infinity focus, etc.
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 70mm
- Focal Length: 700mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Optical Coating: Fully coated glass optics
- Eyepiece/Magnification: 20mm Kellner 35x, 10mm Kellner 70x
- Star Diagonal: Erect image 90 degree
- Finderscope: StarPointer Pro
- Other Accessories: SkyPortal app
- Resolution: Rayleigh: 1.99 arc seconds / Dawes Limit: 1.66 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power: 100x the unaided eye
- Highest Useful Magnification: 165x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 10x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
- Tripod: Steel, 1.25” diameter
- Included Items: 70mm telescope tube, mount with tripod and folding accessory tray connected, red LED flashlight, 90 degree erect image diagonal, 20mm & 10mm Kellner eyepieces, StarPointer Pro finderscope, Free download of SkyPortal
Inspire Telescope Series
Back to top
Back to top
|Focal Length (mm)
|Focal Ratio (f/)
|Highest Practical Magnification (x)
|Magnification with Supplied Eyepiece (x)