The Celestron Observers Accessory Kit - 1.25 Inch offers a fantastic solution for expanding the functionality of a telescope and bringing even more enjoyment to this grand hobby/profession. The kit consists of 17mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25-inch, 6mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25-inch, 2 x Barlow Lens/T-Adapter - 1.25-inch, #80A Blue Filter - 1.25-inch, #25 Red Filter - 1.25-inch, Moon Filter - 1.25-inch, microfiber cleaning cloth, and a plastic foam-lined carry case.
Celestron Observers Accessory Kit - 1.25 Inch Key Features:
- Elevate the performance of a telescope with this eight-piece accessory kit
- Includes 2 x high-quality 1.25-inch Plossl eyepieces, a 2X Barlow lens (for visuals or photography), 3 x eyepiece filters, cleaning cloth, and a carry case
- There are four magnification options thanks to the included 2 x eyepieces and the Barlow lens
- The kit weighs 36oz and the carry case features internal dimensions of 12.25 x 9.5 x 4.5-inch
- The included cleaning cloth removes fingerprints and smears from optics with no residue (please remember to brush away dust particles off of the optics before rubbing them)
- Comes with a black, hard plastic, die-cut foam-lined carry case to keep the kit safe and has room for additional accessories
Expanded Celestron Observers Accessory Kit - 1.25 Inch Key Features:
The planetary filters and the Moon filter are compatible with any 1.25-inch eyepiece with proper filter threads. They bring out details on a planet’s surface or its cloud structure. To use, simply screw one of the filters onto the eyepiece of choice and slide it into the focuser. There are three filters altogether; the Moon filter, the #80A medium-blue filter, and #25 deep--red filter. The Moon filter is frequently bought by amateur astronomers as their first accessory. The filter helps to block out a portion of the light that the Moon transmits into your eyepiece. It can also be used on Venus as it helps to block out enough glare to showcase the planet’s phases better. The #80A medium-blue filter increases the contrast of the polar ice caps on Saturn and cloud belts found on Jupiter. Alternatively, it can be used to increase the contrast on the Moon; however, it does produce a colour shift when used that way. Finally, the #25 deep-red filter is fantastic for defining polar ice caps on Mars or observing Jupiter. The filter blocks a fair amount of light coming through the telescope; nonetheless, it is best to use on bright objects with a larger aperture telescope.
There are two Plossl eyepieces in the kit, the 17mm and 6mm. These can be used in any telescope that features a 1.25-inch focuser. Both of the eyepieces incorporate a four-element design with a 52-deg apparent field of view. In order to protect the optics and improve light transmission, the lenses are fully multi-coated. The 6mm delivers high magnifications that are ideal for the Moon and planets. It works especially well when the seeing conditions are good. The other 17mm eyepiece provides a medium magnification view in most telescopes.
2x Barlow Lens/T-Adapter
The 2X versatile Barlow can double the magnification of any 1.25-inch eyepiece. The included 17mm Plossl will double in power, becoming an 8.5mm eyepiece; whereas, the 6mm will deliver 3mm magnification. Other pre-owned 1.25-inch eyepieces are also compatible for a greater magnification choice. Please remember that high magnifications won’t always deliver clear, sharp images. This is especially true during evenings of poor or moderate seeing conditions. It is advised to experiment with the kit to find the best magnification for a specific telescope. The T-Threads allow for a mounting of a camera with the addition of an optional T-Ring. The threads are machined into the top portion of the included Barlow lens. The kit also comes with handy instructions on how to attach the camera.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x 17 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25-inch
- 1 x 6 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25-inch
- 1 x 2X Barlow Lens/T-Adapter - 1.25-inch
- 1 x #80A Blue Filter - 1.25-inch
- 1 x #25 Red Filter - 1.25-inch
- 1 x Moon Filter - 1.25-inch
- 1 x Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- 1 x Plastic Foam-lined Carry Case
Celestron Observers Accessory Kit - 1.25 Inch Product Video:
What are Eyepiece Filters?
Back to top
Back to top
|For Use With
||Any 1.25 eyepiece holder
||17 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25 Inch, 6mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25 Inch, 2x Barlow Lens/T-Adapter - 1.25 Inch, #80A Blue Filter, #25 Red Filter, Moon Filter, Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
||Filter and Eyepiece Set