Designed for landscape photographers, the Cokin Z-Pro Landscape Kit is comprised of 3 popular graduated filters: ND8 Grad filter (Z121S) with 3-stop density and soft transition; Blue Grad filter (Z123S) with soft transition; and Tobacco Grad filter (Z125S) with soft transition. Each filter is suited to different shooting scenarios, such as the Z123S filter, which enhances the blue of the sky.
Key Features: Cokin Z-Pro Landscape Kit
ND8 Grad Filter (Z121S)
The Z121S has a 3-stop density and soft transition. It does not affect the colour balance, but reduces the total amount of light reaching the camera and restores the balance between the main subject and the foreground/background.
Blue Grad Filter (Z123S)
The Cokin Gradual Blue filter enhances the blue of the sky by underlining the colours of landscapes. When used up-side down, the Gradual Blue filter intensifies the white sparkle of breaking waves.
Tobacco Grad Filter (Z125S)
The Cokin Gradual Tobacco filter brings an un-natural tobacco colour to the sky that underlines the dramatic effect of landscape photography. When the Gradual Tobacco filter is used up-side down, it can intensify the sands of a beach.
Please note that the Z-series filter holder and adapter rings are not included and need to be purchased separately.
Introduction to the Cokin Filters
There are 4 different sizes of filters to choose from: A series / P series / Z-Pro professional series and X-Pro professional series. The Cokin P Series are for large diameter lenses up to 82mm. Recommended for focal lengths from 28mm onwards (35mm format). Specially adapted to today's digital SLRs. Filters are 84mm wide.
The Cokin size chart
What are Cokin filters made from?
CR-39 Organic Glass: All Cokin filters are manufactured from CR-39 organic glass - originally launched for the vision lens industry, CR-39 organic glass boasts several major features:
- Extra lightweight
- Highly resistant to shocks, meaning that photographers, videographers and cameramen can handle the filters in complete confidence and safety
- Excellent optical transmission and high compatibility to colouring, making Cokin filters the proven choice of photographers worldwide
How the Cokin System works
The Cokin Creative Filter System consists of three main components: A filter holder / Adapter ring and a Filter.
1. Screw the adapter ring onto your lens.
2. Slide the filter holder on the adapter ring until it snaps in place. The filter holder is now solidly attached to the lens, yet it can rotate both left and right.
3. Slide the filter into one of the filter holder slots. The one closest to the filter holder housing is the narrowest; it allows the use of round filters with notched edges (polarizer, star filters..). The two central slots are intended for square filters. The outer slot can be used either for an additional filter or for a coupling ring.
Back to top
Back to top