The Spyder Cube is like a super-enhanced grey-card for the exposure conscious photographer! Simply include the SpyderCube in the first of a series of photographs and use it as a guide to calibrate the exposure, colour and white balance of all the images when processing them. Unlike a traditional grey card the Spyder Cube can be used to determine colour temperature, highlight and shadow points, and is spectrally neutral so can be used under any lighting conditions.
Check out our blog post on the Colorvision SpyderCube!
SpyderCube - Accurately control your colours by balancing light
The SpyderCube is the first all-in-one RAW calibration tool that facilitates the capture of a wide range of colour and exposure data in one shot. Simply use the SpyderCube in one of a series of images, adjust as necessary, save the setting and then apply to an entire series of images, allowing you to colour correct in seconds.
SpyderCube provides fast and accurate white-point correction, as well as bracketed adjustments for highlights and blacks. The white face of SpyderCube helps define highlights in relation to the catch-light, the grey face measures colour temperature and mid-tone response and the black face defines shadows in relation to the black trap, which itself defines absolute black.
Compact and simple to use, the SpyderCube is the definitive white balance and grey card solution, can be hung in any environment or mounted on a tripod, making SpyderCube the indispensable colour control tool that belongs in every photographer's equipment bag.
Datacolor SpyderCUBE & SpyderCHECKR - "How To"
The SpyderCube boasts numerous features and functions including:
- Fast and accurate white-point correction
- Spectrally neutral, so responds accurately to all lighting conditions
- Accurately adjust shadows and highlight detail in any RAW image
- Instantly correct image colours by setting temperature values
- Bracketed highlight and blacks adjustment
- Includes black trap, for shadow detail correction
- Use with any RAW conversion software
- Can also be used to improve JPEG files
- Ideal for location shooting
- 1 year hardware warranty
Back to top
- Constructed from ABS Cycoloy, a hybrid resin that is fade proof, extremely durable, flame and shock resistant, which makes the SpyderCube ideal for location shooting
- Colours are through-pigmented for durability and are scientifically formulated to provide optimal colour values, including an 18% grey which defines a new standard for spectral neutrality and provides accurate colour balance under any light source
- Quick Start Guide (available in 10 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- Complete with protective pouch
Back to top
|For Use With
||DSLR, Compact, Video Cameras
||Quick Start Guide, Pouch, Tripod Mount, Hanging Strap