The Eizo ColorEdge CS230 23 inch Black Monitor is designed for entry-level users doing photo editing and other creative work. The CS230 offers professional features of other ColorEdge monitors like automatic colour adjustment with the built-in SelfCorrection sensor and ColourNavigator software. A third-party sensor is required for calibrating the monitor, but the CS230's built-in SelfCorrection sensor maintains the calibration settings when used with the ColorNavigator software. The IPS-LCD module of the CS230 guarantees contrast and colour tones that are independent of the viewing angle. This model has Eizo's ColourNavigator Calibration software pre-installed.
The Eizo ColorEdge CS230 23 inch Black Monitor
- Widescreen LCD, contrast 1000:1, brightnesss 300 cd/m²
- Integrated measurement device and fully automatic self-correction
- Colour precision with 16-bit look-up table and up to 10-bit colour reproduction
- Digital Uniformity Equalizer for perfect luminance distribution and colour purity
- Temperature-controlled adjustment of colour drift and brightness
- Optional hardware calibration of brightness, white balance and gamma
- DisplayPort, DVI-I and HDMI inputs for digital and analogue port
- Recommended optional accessories: EIZO ColorNavigator and measurement device used for monitor calibration
ColorNavigator – Calibration Software
EIZO’s ColorNavigator calibration software makes calibration simple and produces predictable color results. ColorNavigator works with a wide range of measurement devices and provides hardware calibration by directly utilizing the monitor’s look-up table. The monitor’s built-in correction sensor automatically maintains the calibration settings by self correcting at specific intervals determined by the user.
ColorNavigator Elements – Photo Color Matching Software
With this free software, you adjust your screen to color match your prints through visual perception. This is a simple color matching solution for entry-level users because no external sensor is required and the monitor automatically maintains its color settings with the built-in correction sensor.
The CX series and CS series are equipped with a built-in correction sensor housed within the front upper bezel. This sensor records your adjustment results, and maintains the white point and brightness values by automatically readjusting the settings at specific intervals that you determine. Even if the monitor is switched off or not connected to a computer, it will stick to its preset schedule and self correct.
EIZO-Developed ASIC at the Core
All ColorEdge models come with an ASIC (application specific integrated circuit) developed by EIZO to meet the needs of the graphics market. The ASIC has its own algorithms used in high-precision color processing to produce smooth color tones.
Brightness and Color Uniformity with DUE
Fluctuations in brightness and chromaticity on different parts of the screen are a common trait of LCD monitors. To counteract this, the monitor incorporates EIZO's patented digital uniformity equalizer (DUE) technology.
Individually Adjusted at the Factory
The gamma level for each ColorEdge monitor is adjusted at the factory. This is accomplished by measuring the R, G, and B gamma values from 0 – 255, then using the monitor’s 16-bit look-up table (LUT) to select the 256 most appropriate tones to achieve the desired value.
10-Bit Simultaneous Display
Using the DisplayPort input, the monitor offers 10-bit simultaneous color display* from a 16-bit look-up table which means it can show more than one billion colors simultaneously. This is 64 times as many colors as you get with 8-bit display which results in even smoother color gradations and reduced Delta-E between two adjacent colors.
*A graphics board and software which support 10-bit output are also necessary for 10-bit display.
DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI-I inputs are included for connecting to various types of graphics boards, The HDMI input also offers direct connection with digital cameras. Two USB upstream ports allow two computers to be connected at once so it’s not necessary to reconnect the USB cable when using the ColorNavigator software and switching between the two computers.
Smooth Display of Video
For video editing or post production work, an overdrive circuit is included to reduce gray-to-gray response time to ensure that moving images look clean and sharp with a minimum of ghosting.
Adjust the screen to the most comfortable angle for you and reposition it to show your work to a colleague or client. The monitor comes with a versatile stand that offers height, tilt, and swivel adjustments as well as portrait mode display.
Preset Modes for Optimum Viewing
7 preset modes are included: Paper, Adobe RGB, sRGB, Calibration, and three user- adjustable modes. With the bundled ScreenManager for Pro (compatible with Windows OS only), you can assign a mode to an application so that mode will automatically be come active when you call up an application.
Optional Shading Hood for Portrait and Landscape Modes
Most shading hoods can only be used in landscape mode, but a unique hood that is designed for portrait mode as well is available as an option.
5 year warrantyThe monitor is backed by a manufacturer’s 5-year warranty that covers all components including the LCD panel. EIZO can do this because it manufacturers its products at its own factories. This allows EIZO to keep close control over production quality and ensure that its monitors are built to last for 5 years.
Mercury-Free LED Backlight
The LED backlight used with the LCD panel contains no mercury so it will have minimal environmental impact when it is eventually disposed of.
Zero Watts When Turned Off
When the monitor is turned off via the power button on its front bezel it consumes no electricity.
Back to top
- Panel type - IPS
- Panel Size - 23" / 58 cm (584 mm diagonal)
- Native resolution - DisplayPort, DVI: 1920 x 1200 (16:10 aspect ratio), HDMI: 1920 x 1080 (16:9 aspect ratio)
- Display Size (H x V) - 518.4 x 324 mm
- Pixel Pitch - 0.270 x 0.270 mm
- Grayscale Tones - DisplayPort: 1024 tones (a palette of 65281 tones), DVI, HDMI: 256 tones (a palette of 65281 tones)
- Display Colours - DisplayPort: 1.07 billion from a palette of 278 trillion, DVI, DVI, HDMI: 16.77 million from a palette of 278 trillion
- Viewing Angles (H / V, typical) - 178°, 178°
- Brightness (typical) - 300 cd/m2
- Recommended Brightness for Calibration - 120 cd/m2 or less
- Contrast Ratio (typical) - 1000:1
- Response Time (typical) - 10.5 ms (Grey-to-grey)
- Input Terminals - DVI-I 29 pin (with HDCP), DisplayPort (with HDCP), HDMI (with HDCP)
- Digital Scanning Frequency - DisplayPort, DVI: 26 - 68 kHz, 23.75 - 63 Hz (VGA Text: 69 - 71 Hz), HDMI: 15 - 68 kHz, 23.75 - 61 Hz
- Analog Scanning Frequency (H / V) - 26 - 68 kHz, 47.5 - 61 Hz
- Power Requirements - AC 100 - 120 V / 200 - 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz
- Maximum Power Consumption - 54 W
- Typical Power Consumption - 21 W
- Power Save Mode - Less than 0.5 W
- Standby Mode - Less than 0.5 W
- Power Management - Power Save (VESA DPM, DisplayPort Version 1.1a, and DVI DMPM)
- Brightness Stabilisation - Yes
- Preset Modes - Colour Mode (User1, User2, User3, Paper, sRGB, Calibration)
- Digital Uniformity Equaliser - Yes
- Auto EcoView / BrightRegulator - Yes
- OSD Languages - English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Dimensions (Landscape, W x H x D) - 544 x 372.5 - 526.5 x 245.5 mm
- Dimensions (Portrait, W x H x D) - 353 x 563.5 - 627 x 245.5 mm
- Dimensions (Without Stand, W x H x D) - 544 x 353 x 75 mm
- Net Weight - 7.5 kg / 16.5 lbs
- Net Weight (Without Stand) - 4.8 kg / 10.6 lbs
- Height Adjustment Range - 154 mm
- Tilt - 30° Up, 0° Down
- Swivel - 344°
- Pivot - 90°
- Hole Spacing (VESA Standard) - 100 x 100 mm
- Supplied accessories - AC power cord, signal cables (DVI-D - DVI-D), USB cable, setup guide, EIZO LCD Utility Disk (PDF user's manual), warranty card
Back to top
||DVI-I 29 pin (with HDCP), DisplayPort (with HDCP), HDMI (with HDCP), 2 ports for monitor control, 2 port of USB hubs
||AC power cord, signal cables (DVI-D - DVI-D), USB cable, setup guide, EIZO LCD Utility Disk (PDF user,s manual), warranty card
||1920 x 1080
|Screen Size (Inches)
||544 x 353 x 75 mm
||IPS - LCD
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £16.36
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.