Building off the success and versatility of their predecessors, the Epson ET-8500 and ET-8550 EcoTank Printers offers a range of upgrades that elevate this printer, providing higher-quality prints, a more intuitive operation system, even more creative media options, and a smaller overall footprint. A notable difference is the redesign of the ink dispersion system which has resulted in the removal of light cyan and light magenta inks and replaced with Pigment Black and Photo Grey inks. This advanced system provides a higher level of print accuracy with more accurate colours. The ET-8500 and ET-8550 printers are designed for creative enthusiasts who are looking for a range of premium features and media print types as well as having the luxury of being able to have a low-cost, high-yield everyday document printer.
Epson ET EcoTank Printer Key Features:
- Epson is offering the A4 ET-8500 and A3+ ET-8550 printers
- Consistent and professional-level printing for home or office use
- Will print up to 2,300 high-quality photos with one set of ink bottles
- The printer uses an advanced 6 Claria ET Premium ink system
- Pigment Black + photo dyes (CMYK + Grey) for stunning photo prints
- Photo grey ink used for superior black and white photo printing
- Integrated A4 sized scanner with 1200 dpi optical resolution
- Accepts a range of media types for pro-photo, document & craft printing
- A 10.9cm touchscreen offers intuitive and ease-to-use print options
- 2 front cassettes, a rear feed, a straight pass feed media up to 1.3mm thick (800g/m2)
- Offers useful CD/DVD printing for sharing images with your friends & family
- Enhanced usability and operation e.g. an SD card slot and USB slot
- A range of connectivity options e.g. Epson Smart Panel app, AirPrint & WiFi
- A useful double capacity maintenance box that's user replaceable
- Offers a smaller overall footprint than their predecessors
Expanded Epson ET EcoTank Printer Key Features:
An Upgraded System
The Epson ET-8500 and ET-8550 EcoTank Printers feature a range of upgrades that build off the success of their predecessors. Most notably, the ink system has been redesigned and now is comprised of 6 Claria ET Premium ink system that features Pigment Black + photo dyes (CMYK + Grey) which result in a higher yield and superior black and white photo printing.
From a usability point of view, a 10.9cm touchscreen replaces the previous 6.8cm LCD and its manual buttons. A LED downlighter illuminates your print as they appear, making it easier to check quality. The printers also feature a straight pass feed which caters to thicker media and there's now a touchscreen controlled motorised output tray for further ease of use.
Epson Claria ET Premium Ink
As mentioned, the ET-8500 and ET-8550 printers are equipped with a redesigned ink dispersion system that uses a 6-Colour Epson Claria ET Premium Ink set. Right off the bat, these inks are optimised to produce professional, high-quality photos and documents. The photos, with thanks to these inks, will last up to 300 years in a photo album! The new system uses a faster printing head which is fast enough to use the smallest Cyan/Magenta droplet sizes needed for printing large areas of light colour. Thanks to this and the use/blending of the new Photo Grey ink, you no longer need lighter inks to achieve the entire colour gamut.
By removing the Light Cyan and Light Magenta, Epson was able to include the Pigment Black ink and Photo Grey. The Pigment Black is optimised for punchy office-quality A4 text printing on plain paper, and with this ink set, you're able to use the Photo Black and new Photo Grey ink to produce truly stunning black and white photos that exhibit all the drama and emotion captured in the original photo.
A Range of Media
The EcoTank range is known for being versatile in its capacity for creativity. The ET-8500 and ET-8550 EcoTank Printers develop from the media features from their predecessors and offer five different paper feeds to best suit you and your workflow including a new rear straight pass for larger media types, as well as the addition of a touchscreen controlled motorised output tray to safely handle your prints.
The new Rear Straight Pass is designed for media up to 1.3mm thick (800g/m2) and a maximum length of 200cm. The ET-8500 allows for up to A4 width, and the ET-8550, up to A3+ width. The two front cassettes store plain and photo paper at the same time and out of sight. Tray 1 allows up to A4 size paper, and tray 2 allows for up to 13x18cm size. The rear tray is ideal for creative media such as craft papers. As expected, the ET-8500 allows up to A4 size and ET-8550 up to A3+ size. This tray (of both printers) will hold up to 100 sheets. And finally, there's the CD & DVD Printing option that will print directly onto suitable CD/DVDs with the included software.
Epson Smart Panel App
Yet another feature of both the ET-8500 and ET-8550 is the addition of Epson Smart Panel app compatibility. This intelligent app solidifies all of Epson's consumer app the new design makes it much easier and quicker to remotely print photos, make copies, scan and select creative templates that will enhance your prints or documents. In addition, the app also makes for easier and more intuitive printer set up, troubleshooting, access to instructional videos and maintenance checks.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Epson ET-8500 EcoTank Printer
- 1 x Epson T07A1 EcoTank 114 Ink Black
- 1 x Epson T07B1 EcoTank 114 Ink Photo Black
- 1 x Epson T07B2 EcoTank 114 Ink Cyan
- 1 x Epson T07B5 EcoTank 114 Ink Grey
- 1 x Epson T07B3 EcoTank 114 Ink Magenta
- 1 x Epson T07B4 EcoTank 114 Ink Yellow
- 1 x Epson Maintenance Box ET-8500/8550 Series
What inks does this printer use?
This printer uses Epson's new 6-colour Claria ET Premium Ink set which includes:
How many photos will a single set of inks print?
You'll be able up to 2,300 high-quality photos with one set of ink bottles.
Back to top