The Fuji X70 compact camera is the smallest and lightest X-Series model, with a 16.3-megapixel APS-C sized sensor and fixed 18.5mm (28mm equivalent) f/2.8 lens. The Fuji X70 has a similar classically-inspired design as the X100 and X100T cameras, the compactness of which is complimented by the slim, wide-angle lens. Suitable for a wide range of shooting conditions and applications, from ...
The Fuji X70 compact camera is the smallest and lightest X-Series model, with a 16.3-megapixel APS-C sized sensor and fixed 18.5mm (28mm equivalent) f/2.8 lens. The Fuji X70 has a similar classically-inspired design as the X100 and X100T cameras, the compactness of which is complimented by the slim, wide-angle lens. Suitable for a wide range of shooting conditions and applications, from landscapes at dusk to snapshots during the day, the X70 combines a powerful level of spec and manual control into a portable, easy-to-use aluminium body. Additional standout features include Full HD movie recording, a 180° rotatable LCD touchscreen, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Fuji X70: Key Features
- Smallest, lightest premium X-series compact
- Random colour filter array to suppress colour moiré, no optical low-pass filter
- 16.3-megapixel APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- Fixed wide-angle 18.5mm f/2.8 lens
- EXR Processor II image processor
- 180° rotatable LCD touchscreen
- ISO 200-6400 (exp. 51,200)
- Digital tele-converter - 28mm, 35mm, 50mm settings (35mm equiv.)
- AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking mode
- Full HD video in 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and 24fps frame rates
- Built-in Wi-Fi
New FUJINON 18.5mm F2.8 lens
By using the optical design from the X100T, it has been possible to develop a compact, high quality wide-angle lens in a smaller, thinner body. The single focal length lens distributes light evenly across the frame to produce a high-resolution image from the centre to the edges. The X70’s fixed lens offers a 28mm angle of view (35mm equivalent) but, thanks to the first Digital Tele-converter in an X-Series camera, users can also select 35mm and 50mm options.
High-quality finish and easy operation
Weighing approximately 340g*2, the X70 is the lightest X-Series camera with an APS-C sized sensor. The top-plate features milled aluminium exposure compensation and shutter speed dials, making it easy to quickly access key features, while the aperture and focusing rings are also made from milled aluminium to help keep weight down. Apertures can be changed in 1/3 or 1 stop increments, plus the focusing ring doubles up as a control ring for quick access to a range of functions. The X70 is also equipped with an Auto Mode Switch lever for selecting the fully automatic Advanced SR Auto mode.
Advanced Filter functions:
- Pop Colour - Emphasises contrast and colour saturation.
- Toy Camera - Creates shaded borders as if you were taking a photo on a toy camera.
- Miniature - Adds top and bottom blur for a diorama or miniature effect.
- Dynamic Tone - Creates a fantasy effect by boosting tones.
- Partial Colour - Retains one selected original colour and changes the rest of the photo black & white. Colours can be selected from red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
- High Key - Enhances brightness and reduces contrast to lighten tonal reproduction.
- Low Key - Creates uniformly dark tones with few highlight areas.
- Soft Focus - Creates a look that is soft throughout the whole image.
Compact body with an APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS II*3 sensor
Key technologies that deliver the high quality images unique to X-Series models have been compressed into a pocket-sized body. This includes the stunning colour reproduction technology, developed as a result of more than 80 years of photographic film research, and the unique Lens Modulation Optimiser (LMO) image processing technology that corrects optical defects such as diffraction to achieve edge-to-edge sharpness and a realistic three-dimensional effect.
On-sensor phase detection AF focuses in an ultra-fast 0.1 sec*4 and, thanks to the high-speed EXR Processor II image processor, the camera starts up in just 0.5sec*5, has a shutter time lag of 0.01sec and shooting interval of 0.5sec*6.
AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes
The AF system offers the standard 49-point Single Point mode for high speed and precision focusing, as well as the new Zone mode, which allows users to select a 3x3, 5x3 or 5x5 zone out of the 77-point AF area, and Wide/Tracking mode, which enables continuous focusing on a subject that is moving up and down, left and right or towards and away from the camera.
The first 180-degree tilting touchscreen LCD in an X-Series camera
The X70 features a touchscreen LCD; a first for the X-Series. Turning on the Touch Panel Settings enables Touch Shot and Focus Area Selection when shooting. During playback, intuitive smartphone-style operations including swipe, drag, pinch in/out, and double-tap scaling can be performed. By combining the Touch Shot function with the 180-degree tilt LCD, you can get even more creative.
By downloading the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app to your smartphone or tablet device, users can use the Remote Control function, which allows a wealth of control, even from a distance. Photos and videos can be sent to devices such as your smartphone with an easy one-touch operation. Pictures and videos on the camera can be browsed, selected, and imported using your smartphone, all without the hassle of inputting an ID or password. It is also possible to add location information acquired by the smartphone or tablet to the image.
Dedicated accessories to expand the world of the X70
Four dedicated optional accessories have been developed to make the X70 more versatile. The four include the BLC-X70 half leather case for protection and to provide an extra grip, the LH-X70 lens hood to cut down flare and ghosting, the VF-X21 optical viewfinder for those who prefer to frame images through a finder and the WCL-X70 wide conversion lens giving a 21mm view (35mm equivalent).
X70 Sample Images
- Focus Area Selection: Move the focus point to the chosen position by tapping the LCD monitor.
- Touch Shot: Touch to focus on a specific point, then take the picture.
- Swipe Movement : Swiping a finger across the screen scrolls through the images, one after another.
- Double-Tap Enlargement: Tapping the screen twice will enlarge the image, centering on the active focus point when the images was taken.
- Drag: Moving a finger across the screen when an image is enlarged will move it around the frame.
- Pinch out: Placing two fingers on the screen and widening the distance between them enlarges the image.
- Pinch in: While the image being displayed is enlarged, placing two fingers on the screen and narrowing the distance between them reduces the image size*10.
- All the touchscreen functions are disabled when the Touch Panel Settings are turned off.
*1 35mm format equivalent: 28mm.
Back to top
*2 Weight including battery and memory card.
*3 X-Trans is a trademark or registered trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation.
*4 Fujifilm research based on CIPA guidelines in High Performance mode as of January 2016.
*5 In High Performance mode.
*6 MF mode.
*7 Distance from the front of the lens surface to the subject.
*8 During expanded sensitivity.
*9 When a fine image that should be sharp is blurred when shooting by stopping down the aperture.
*10 Cannot be zoomed out further than the original image.
*11 The image quality may degrade when using the Digital Tele-converter function. Phase detection AF is only effective in the center of the screen. Contrast AF is enabled for the rest of the screen.
*12 AF system continuously focuses while pressing the shutter button halfway.
*13 When set to AF-C and CH, the focus area is fixed to the range of Central 3x3 ("Single Point" mode), or Central 5x3 ("Zone" / "Wide / Tracking” mode).
*14 Aperture and shutter speed can be changed during shooting. Only shutter speeds faster than the set frame rate can be set.
*15 Android, smartphone and table devices, iPhone / iPad.
*16 Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
*17 Requires you install the free dedicated software “FUJIFILM PC AutoSave” on your computer.