With improved autofocus and electronic viewfinder performance, the Fujifilm X-T2 in Graphite Silver is an update to the popular X-T1, and is capable of shooting moving subjects under difficult conditions such as in wildlife or sport photography. It includes Fujifilm's sensor and image processing engine, colour-reproduction technology, and perfectly-sized ergonomic dials. For the first time in the X series, the X-T2 supports 4K video recording, and Film Simulation modes can be applied to both video and stills to add impact and depth. Featuring a large 0.77x viewfinder, premium image quality, and a beautiful, traditional design, the dust and water-resistant X-T2 is the ultimate mirrorless digital camera.
Key Features: Fujifilm X-T2 - Graphite Silver
- Graphite Silver Edition
- Premium image quality
- Improved ISO sensitivity
- 4K video recording
- Improved auto-focus
- Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" LCD (aspect ratio 3:2)
- Compact, weatherproof body
- Practical, traditional design
- Vertical Power Booster Grip
- Red Badge lens compatibility
- Tethering capabilities
- Wireless Communication function
X-T2 Graphite Silver Edition
The iconic Graphite Silver texture and refined shimmer is achieved via a multi-layer coating, which goes through a dedicated and unique process:
- A matte black undercoat is applied to the die cast magnesium top cover, which delivers deep, rich shadows and colours across the camera body.
- Using Thin-Film Multilayer Coating Technology*1, the silver texture is then added. The ultra-fine particles of graphite are applied via a high speed, rotating computer-controlled system, to produce an incredibly smooth and elegant feel.
- The final third layer is a clear, glossy varnish which delivers a luxurious and tactile finish. Finishing touches such as the logo are coloured by hand.
Fujifilm X-T2 Feature Review
Premium image quality in both stills and video
The X-T2 features the 24.3MP X-Trans™ CMOS III APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter and the X-Processor Pro high-speed image processing engine to deliver brilliant colour reproduction and gradation of tones, with high ISO sensitivity and low noise. The elimination of a low-pass filter makes it possible to use FUJINON lenses’ to their full capabilities, whilst the combination of the sensor and image processor means that the X-T2 produces image quality comparable to that of cameras equipped with a larger sensor and higher pixel count. The Film Simulation modes have evolved to capture a subject’s textures, 3-dimensional feel, and even the atmosphere surrounding it. The X-T2’s video function supports 4K video recording, a first in the Fujifilm X-series of cameras.
Improved ISO Sensitivity
Despite having a pixel count 1.5x that of the X-T1, the new device and its enhanced signal processing technology have successfully controlled digital noise even further. Improved ISO sensitivity means ISO 12800, which was part of extended ISOs in the X-T1, is now available as a regular ISO option. Even at ultra-high ISO settings, the camera produces low-noise images, reproducing deep blacks and smooth gradation of tones even in low light conditions.
4K Video Recording
Roughly 1.8 times the amount of information needed to produce 4K video (3840x2160), or 2.4 times required for full HD video (1920x1080), is packed in to create premium image quality with low moiré. The X-T2 supports high video bitrate recording of 100Mbps for both 4K and Full HD video, enabling high resolution footage. It also supports Clean HDMI output for 4K video recording, and offers the “F-log” log-gamma option which takes advantage of the sensor’s wide dynamic range to record video in wide colour gamut.
Fast and responsive system
The X-T2 has a start-up time of 0.3 seconds, shooting interval of 0.17 seconds1, and shutter release time lag of 0.045 seconds1 to ensure the camera operates exactly as the user intends.
(1. When using the Boost Mode with the Vertical Power Booster Grip)
Improved auto-focus performance
The number of focusing points in the X-T2 has been expanded from 49 in the previous models up to 91 (up to 325 points). Roughly 40% of the imaging area is covered with phase detection AF pixels to form a fast and precise phase detection AF area. The high-speed processing power and improved algorithm allow the camera to refocus more frequently in Live View mode, enabling accurate predictive auto-focusing. The camera has the ability to autofocus on light, low-contrast objects and subjects with fine and delicate textures, and the contrast detection AF has also been improved. Accurate focusing is obtained even at the low light condition of -3EV.
The AF-C algorithm has been significantly improved to even higher accuracy when focus-tracking moving subjects. According to the type of movement, you can choose individual settings for “Tracking Sensitivity”, “Speed Tracking Sensitivity”, and “Zone Area Switching”.
With a magnification ratio of 0.77x, the X-T2 has a 2.36-million-dot high-resolution organic EL electronic viewfinder that has a lag time of just 0.005 seconds. The maximum brightness has been doubled from previous models, and it features the Automatic Brightness Adjustment function so that it is easy to see even in intense backlighting. The EVF refreshes at a rate of 60fps or 100fps in the boost mode, and the blackout time is less than half of that of the X-T1 due to the parallel processing of Live View display and fast shutter charging. This allows for continuous shooting of 5ps in Live View.
Compact, lightweight, rugged body
The body of the X-T2 is constructed from magnesium alloy, making it compact, lightweight, solid, and durable. It is weather-sealed at 63 points to achieve a high level of resistance to dust and moisture, and can operate in temperatures down to -10°C. Similar weather-sealing is applied to the lenses and Vertical Power Booster grip to provide weather resistance across the entire system.
Enhancement of performance with the Vertical Power Booste Grip (VPB-XT2)
The Vertical Power Booster Grip is an optional accessory that is dust and water resistant and capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C. It fits two batteries, taking the total number of batteries to three when the one in the camera is included. It can increase the maximum number of frames that can be taken per charge to approximately 1,000 when operating in normal mode. In Boost mode, multiple batteries can operate at the same time to give a boost to camera performance in continuous shooting, shooting interval, shutter release time lag and blackout time, whilst also extending the duration of 4K video recording to approximately 30 minutes. It also features a headphone jack to enable audio monitoring during video recording, and has a battery-charging functionality.
Practical, traditional design
The shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation, drive modes, and metering modes are controlled by mechanical dials, which are equipped with Lock & Release bottoms and are designed with extra height to improve operability. The X-T2 comes with dual SD card slots, which both support UHS-2 for faster write speed. The 2 slots can be set up for “Sequential”, “Backup”, “RAW/JPEG”, and “Video Destination”. The rear LCD screen is the X-series’ first 3-direction tilting display, and can tilt up and down when shooting in landscape, and up when shooting portrait.
Supporting an appealing line-up of lenses
The FUJINON Red Badge zooms – XF-16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR, XF50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR, and XF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 LM OIS WR – are the perfect fit for the X-T2.
The Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® / Tether Shooting Plug-in Pro for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® allows you to tether the X-T2 to a Mac or Windows computer for remote shooting. You can automatically transfer and save images on the computer, and shoot while checking Live View images (pro version only).
Wireless Communication function
The FUJIFILM Camera Remote free app can be downloaded onto your smartphone or tablet, and will allow you to use the Wireless Communication function of the X-T2 to transfer photos and videos to the device with easy one-touch operation, or browse photos and videos. The app also allows the X-T2 to download location information from your device. The Remote Control function enables wireless operation of the X-T2’s shutter, exposure, and other setting from your device.
FIRMWARE UPDATE 23/03/17
Fujifilm have announced new firmware updates for the X-T2 and X-Pro-2
The first update to the multi-award winning X-T2 and X-Pro2 is due in late March and the second will be due late May 2017, reflecting users' requests for improving operability and adding new functions.
X-T2 version 2.00 & X-Pro2 version 3.00 - due late March 2017
- Shooting RAW in Bracketing and Advanced Filters
- Extended ISO 125 and 160 selectable
- Programmable long exposure of up to 15 minutes
- ON/OFF for 1/3-step shutter speed adjustment (X-T2 only - already in X-Pro2)
- Full-range ISO adjustments with the Command Dial (X-T2 only)
- "AUTO" setting added for the minimum shutter speed in the ISO Auto setting
- Faster "Face Detection AF"
- Improved in-focus indication in the AF-C mode
- Addition of a smaller Focus Point size in Single Point AF
- Addition of "AF Point Display" (X-Pro2 only - already on X-T2)
- Addition of "AF-C Custom Setting" (X-Pro2 only - already on X-T2)
- Addition of "Portrait / Landscape AF Mode Switching" (X-T2 only)
- Change of focus frame position while enlarging it
- Activation of the Eye Sensor in video recording (X-T2 only)
- Change of ISO sensitivity during video recording (X-T2 only)
- Re-autofocusing in video recording
- Display live histogram during video recording (X-T2 only)
- Optimization of external microphone's input level (X-T2 only)
- Addition of "Eye Sensor + LCD Image Display" in the View Mode
- Shorter EVF display time-lag (X-Pro2 only - already in X-T2)
- Constant "Dual" mode display (X-T2 only)
- Automatic vertical GUI for LCD (X-T2 only)
- Name Custom Settings
- Copyright information in EXIF datav
- Voice Memo function
- Extended AE Bracketing
- Addition of "Shoot Without Card" mode
X-T2 version 2.10 & X-Pro2 version 3.10 - late May 2017
- Support for computer tethering via Wi-Fi (X-T2 only)
- Addition of "All" AF mode (X-T2 only)
- Function extension for "Shutter AF" and "Shutter AE" (X-T2 only)
- Addition of "-6" and "-7" to EVF's brightness setting
- Switchover of the main and sub displays in the Dual Display mode (X-T2 only)
- Function assignment to the Rear Command Dial
Further details can be found on the Fujifilm website:
here for the X-T2 and
here for the X-Pro2
Back to top
Spread the Cost
Spread the cost of this item over 12 months. With a 0% finance, no deposit and monthly repayments by direct debit this option is simple to manage. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||11 x £91.58
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
How does it work?
Where a qualifying product is added to your basket, the full value of your basket, including any accessories purchases, will be eligible for interest free credit. This is subject to the value of the additional products not exceeding the value of the qualifying product. No deposit is required and payments will be collected by direct debit in monthly instalments, the first instalment being collected 30 days after shipment of the product.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.