Hasselblad's reputation of producing cutting-edge medium format cameras is legendary, and the addition of the H6D-400c MS further bolsters this. At the heart of this behemoth is a 100MP CMOS sensor, which using Multi-Shot technology can create monstrous 400MP images with 16-bit colour data and 15 stops of dynamic range. UHD video in Hasselblad RAW at 25fps also adds to the appeal of this camera.
Key Features: Hasselblad H6D-400C MS
- The ideal tool for fine art and high-detail photography: Specially designed for the highest image requirements, the H6D-400c MS is perfect for nuanced photography such as art, product, and fashion photography - especially when large prints are required
- 100MP CMOS Sensor: The heart of the H6D-400c MS is a 53.4 x 40mm 100MP CMOS sensor, capable of recording 16-bits of colour data and 15 stops of dynamic range. Even in situations with less-than-ideal lighting conditions, the H6D-400c MS can still produce beautiful images with true RGB colour data for each pixel
- Multi-Shot Technology: In Multi-Shot mode, images are captured by taking 4 consecutive shots, and shifting the sensor by a single pixel each time to achieve real GRGB data. 2 further exposures are made by shift the sensor by 1/2 a pixel vertically, and horizontally. Once these images are combined they create a single 400MP capture in a 16-bit, 23,200 x 17,400px, 2.4GB TIFF file
- Professional connectivity: A USB 3.0 Type-C connector ensures the camera can connect to any other platform without a further adapter, while the camera also features high-speed Wi-Fi that allows users to preview shots using Phocus Mobile on an iOS device, and audio I/O connections
- High-definition 3.0" rear screen: A 920K dot rear display, with touch capability and user customisation provides a clear, accurate representation of your image with LiveView feedback at 30fps
- Video recording up to UHD RAW @ 25fps: Use this powerful camera to record Full HD and 4K video in the Hasselblad RAW format up to 25fps
- Dual card slots: The H6D-400c MS is uniquely qualified to handle the level of data being captured with either continuous still shooting, or 4K RAW video. An SD card slot allows for high-speed data transfer in the most widely used industry format, while a CFast 2.0 slot is available for those times where an even higher level of data transfer is required
- Modular design: As with most other Hasselblad systems, the H6D-400c MS features a modular design that will allow users to remove and replace components. Hasselblad state that they have improved the process for removing and replacing the back camera component with this model
- True Focus II: The camera features Hasselblad's True Focus II technology, that ensures accurate focus adjustment to produce razor sharp images
Back to top
- Sensor Type: CMOS, 100 megapixels (11600 × 8700 pixels, 4.6 × 4.6 µm)
- Sensor Dimensions: 53.4 × 40.0mm
- Image Size:
- Stills: RAW 3FR capture:
- Single-shot (100MP): 211MB, TIFF 8 bit: 300MB
- 4-shot (100MP): 650MB. TIFF 8 bit: 300MB
- 6-shot (400MP): 925MB. TIFF 8 bit: 1.2GB. TIFF 16 bit: 2.4GB
- Video: HD (1920 x 1080p), UHD (3840 x 2160p)
- File Format:
- Stills: Hasselblad 3FR, JPEG (12.5 MPixel)
- Video: Hasselblad RAW (UHD, 25 fps), H.264 Compressed (HD, 25 fps)
- Shooting Mode: Stills: Single shot, 4-shot and 6-shot, Video
- Colour Definition: 16 bit; Dynamic range approx. 15 stops
- ISO Speed Range: 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800
- Storage Options: CFast card, SD card (UHS-I) or tethered to Mac or PC
- Colour Management: Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution, HNCS
- Storage Capacity: 32GB card holds 144 single shot images on average
- Histogram Feedback: Yes, on Sensor Unit Display
- IR Filter: Mounted in front of sensor
- Software: Phocus for Mac and Windows
- Platform Support: Macintosh: mac OS version 10.9 or later; PC: XP/Vista/Windows 7 (64 bit)/ 8 / 10 or later
- Host Connection Type: USB 3.0 (5 Gbit/s) Type-C connector, Mini HDMI, Audio In/Out
- Additional Connections: Mini HDMI, Audio In/Out, Flash sync In/Out, Power In
- View camera compatibility: Yes, Mechanical shutters controlled via flash sync
- Film compatibility: Yes
- Shutter Speed Range: 60 minutes to 1/2000 sec (depending on lens type used)
- Flash Sync Speed: Flash can be used at all shutter speeds
- Viewfinder Options:
- HV 90x II: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. dioptre adjustment (-4 to +2.5D). Image magnification 2.7x. Integral fill-flash (GN. 12 @ ISO100). Hot shoe for SCA3002-system flashes from Metz™
- HVM: Waist-level viewfinder. Image magnification 3.2x
- Focusing: Autofocus metering with passive central cross-type sensor. Ultra focus digital feedback. Instant manual focus override. Metering range EV 1 to 19 at ISO 100
- Flash Control: Automatic TTL centre weighted system. Uses built-in flash or flashes compatible with SCA3002 (Metz™). Output can be adjusted from -3 to +3EV. For manual flashes a built-in metering system is available
- Exposure Metering: Spot, Centre Weighted and Centre. Spot Metering range Spot: EV2 to 21, Centre Weighted: EV1 to 21, Centre Spot: EV1 to 21
- Operating Temperature: -10 - 45 °C / 14 - 113 °F
- Dimensions: Complete camera w/ HC80 lens: 153 x 131 x 205mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 2180g (Complete camera w/ HC80 lens, Li-Ion battery and card)
Back to top
||USB 3.0 (5 Gbit/s) Type-C connector, Mini HDMI, Audio In/Out
||Single shot, 4-shot and 6-shot, Video
||Stills: Hasselblad 3FR, JPEG (12.5 MPixel) and Video: Hasselblad RAW (UHD, 25 fps), H.264 Compressed (HD, 25 fps)
|Flash Sync Speed
||Flash can be used at all shutter speeds
|Memory Card Format
||CFast card, SD card (UHS-I) or tethered to Mac or PC
||-10 - 45 °C / 14 - 113 °F
|Shutter Speed, Maximum
|Shutter Speed, Minimum
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £1,702.92
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.