The Hitech Firecrest ND 82mm 4.8 Neutral Density (ND) filter reduces the light reaching the sensor by 16 stops, allowing you to use longer shutter speeds and increase aperture. The increase in aperture (small f/number) gives you more control over depth of field and a longer shutter speed creates a time passing, blurred effect which is often used in landscapes. This filter features a 15-layer Firecrest multi-coating, which is applied directly to the glass and helps minimise reflections and flare.
The Key Features:
- 16 stop Neutral Density filter
- Circular 82mm filter
- Allows the use of slower shutter speeds
- Ideal for landscapes and seascapes
- Creates a smooth blurred effect in the water and clouds
- Expands creativity
- Neutral across all spectrums, including UV, visible, and infrared
- Firecrest IRND coating is anti-reflective, extremely flare resistant, hydrophobic and scratch-resistant
- 5.5mm SuperSlim stackable ring
- Compatible with lenses that feature a 82mm thread
Back to top
Firecrest IRND is a revolutionary new type of infrared-attenuating neutral density filter from Formatt-Hitech. Firecrest is a 15 layer multicoating process that is applied directly to the glass though a vacuum-formed, hard-coated, electrolytic process. Firecrest filters are anti-reflective and extremely flare resistant, which increases contrast and visual acuity in challenging lighting conditions. They are also hydrophobic and scratch-resistant.
Back to top
|Thread Size (mm)