The Altair Lightwave 6mm Planetary Long Eye Relief Eyepiece delivers high power with a short focal length telescope, such as a small refractor, so it's ideal for high power planetary or lunar observing. The 7-element, 4 group computer optimised design, a very smooth polish, and fully multi-coated optics deliver exceptional contrast and clarity. The 55° apparent field of view is flat, and well corrected. 20mm of Long Eye Relief means you can position your eye 20mm from the eyepiece rear lens, making this is a very comfortable eyepiece for beginners and experienced observers alike, whether or not you're wearing glasses. This helps you spend more time observing fine details on the planets or moon without fatigue.
- Apparent field of view 55° degrees
- Focal Length 6mm
- Barrel OD 1.25" with filter thread
- Fold-down eyecups & rubber grip
- Eye relief 20mm
- Design 7 elements in 4 groups
- Coatings FMC Fully Multi-Coated
- Baffled with blackened lens edges
- Precision CNC machined barrel with extremely hard anodising
Divide the telescope focal length in mm by the eyepiece focal length in mm to get the magnification.
Back to top
Back to top
|Apparent Field of View
|For Use With
||Any 1.25 Inch eyepiece holder