Condition : R
This item was refurbished by Nikon to original specifications and is in full working order. Comes complete with a six month warranty.
The Nikon D3100 is an entry level digital SLR camera aimed at photographers making their first venture into SLR ownership. The kit comes complete with both 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses. To ensure that it is as easy to use and understand as possible, the D3100 is equipped with a Guide mode and a host of assist options to help you get the best from both the camera and your photography. The D3100 ...
Back to top
The Nikon D3100 is an entry level digital SLR camera aimed at photographers making their first venture into SLR ownership. The kit comes complete with both 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses. To ensure that it is as easy to use and understand as possible, the D3100 is equipped with a Guide mode and a host of assist options to help you get the best from both the camera and your photography. The D3100 also features a new 14.2 megapixel CMOS digital sensor and new EXPEED 2 image processor to ensure that photos are of excellent quality and definition. In addition to great still photos, the Nikon D3100 is capable of full 1080P HD video with sound via the press of its D-Movie button. A lightweight digital SLR that is far from light on features, the Nikon D3100 allows beginners to capture beautiful images exactly as they intended.
The Nikon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 G AF-S DX ED (non-VR) Lens
Ultra-compact and lightweight Nikon zoom lens with high quality optics designed for use with the Nikon DX format digital SLRs. The 3x zoom range provides superb versatility in a wide variety of shooting situations, equivalent to a 27-82mm focal length in 35mm-film terms. This lens features an Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for AF-S autofocus, making it compatible with the Nikon D40/x, D50, and D60.
Nikon 55-200mm f4.5-5.6 G AF-S DX (non-VR) Lens
The Nikon 55-200mm is a high powered standard DX zoom lens with enhanced telephoto capabilities and a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for use with the Nikon DX Format Digital SLRs. The 55-200mm zoom range is equivalent to an 82.5-300mm lens in 35mm format and it offers maximum versatility.
The Nikon D3100 main features
- 14.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor delivers lifelike images with vivid colours, reduced noise and smooth tonal gradations
- EXPEED 2 image processing engine provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality
- High ISO (100-3200) light sensitivity - extendable up to 12800: features an Auto ISO setting and is manually extendable up to ISO 12800 using the Hi2 setting. Enables faster shutter speeds, significantly reducing the risk of blurred images when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low light
- GUIDE mode: quick and easy-to-use in-camera assistance. Asks you about the picture you want to take and automatically optimizes settings for superior results. Sample images appear on the display to show you what will happen to your image if you apply the suggested settings
- D-Movie – full HD (1920 x 1080) movie clips: record beautiful high-definition (HD) movie clips with sound. The camera's large image sensor and high ISO sensitivity offer exceptional image quality. NIKKOR lenses can be used to obtain cinematic effects and you can make simple edits of your clips in-camera by deleting scenes or saving specific frames as still images
- Live View with Scene Auto Selector: makes it easy to compose images using the LCD monitor. Scene Auto Selector will select the best mode for the scene and subject you want to capture, and Fulltime servo AF (AF-F) mode keeps subjects in focus without the need to press the shutter release button
- Large 7.5 cm (3-inch), high-resolution LCD monitor makes it easy to view essential camera information, and a pleasure to review and edit your photos and movies
- Razor-sharp 11-point Autofocus system offers fast and precise autofocus coverage across the frame. Four AF-area modes, including 3D-tracking AF, deliver sharp results, whether your subject is off-center, moving fast or completely unpredictable
- Active D-Lighting automatically retains details in highlights and shadows for stunning images with natural contrast
- Picture Controls lets you set the look and mood of your images before you shoot. Choose from six settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Monochrome, Portrait and Landscape
- Extensive in-camera editing functions let you edit and enhance images and movies in the camera. Offers techniques such as Red-Eye Correction and Quick Retouch, as well as a range of Filter Effects
- Dual Integrated dust reduction system: Image Sensor Cleaning and Airflow Control systems keep dust away from the camera’s image sensor for clear, spot-free images
- Lightweight body and superior ergonomics: a secure grip makes the camera comfortable to handle. Dedicated controls for frequently used functions like Live View, D-Movie and shutter release make it a joy to operate
Nikon D3100 - 2 Year Warranty
To take advantage of the extended warranty you are required to register the product within 30 days of purchase. The camera or kit must have been distributed by Nikon UK & Republic of Ireland, through an official UK retailer such as Wex Photo Video.
For details on how to register your product online please click here. Alternatively you can complete the in-box warranty slip or telephone 0800 408 5060 (Nikon UK).
A new DX-format CMOS image sensor and image-processing engine, EXPEED 2, both developed by Nikon enable capture of high-definition images with superior image quality
The D3100 is equipped with a new Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor and a new image-processing engine, EXPEED 2, both developed by Nikon. The CMOS image sensor offers an effective pixel count of 14.2-million pixels (D3000: CCD image sensor with 10.2-million effective pixels) and enables capture of high-definition images exhibiting superior image quality with extremely detailed rendering and rich tones. The camera also makes the most of its standard sensitivity settings up to ISO 3200 (D3000: ISO 100–1600) and additional increases up to HI 2 (ISO 12800 equivalent), with shooting under dim lighting, such as in the evening or indoors, as well as with sports scenes of rapidly moving subjects.
EXPEED 2 is Nikon's new image-processing engine, developed by refining the concepts, know-how and technologies regarding digital images that Nikon has spent years cultivating. It maximises the performance of the CMOS image sensor to suppress noise in still images and movies and produces images that faithfully reproduce vivid colours.
A refined Guide mode that is even easier to use
Guide mode has been refined to make most camera operations even easier, from shooting to image playback and editing to the application of camera settings, regardless of the user's skill level.
Live view mode that allows users to use the camera monitor to easily frame still image or movies
By simply rotating the live view switch, the view through the lens is displayed in the monitor, enabling immediate live view recording. This makes shooting feel more like shooting with a compact digital camera, easing the transition to digital-SLR for beginners. In addition, various information such as the shooting mode, time remaining (movie mode) and battery indicator can be shown in the live view display.
D-Movie for recording and editing full-HD movies and AF-F (full-time servo AF) focus mode for movie recording
The D3100 is equipped with the D-Movie function that enables recording of high-definition movies (with monaural sound) by simply pressing the movie-record button. Movies can be recorded with the same aperture and other settings applied in Guide mode, and movies that take full advantage of the characteristics of individual interchangeable lenses, whether wide-angle, telephoto or fisheye, can be recorded for movies that are only possible with a digital-SLR camera. In addition, the camera also offers an AF-F (full-time servo AF) focus mode for movie recording. When AF-F mode is enabled, the camera focuses continuously during movie recording without the need for holding the shutter-release button down halfway. The D3100 also offers in-camera movie editing functions that allow users to save a single frame as a still image or delete unnecessary portions from the beginning or end of movie files.
Scene auto selector built in
The D3100 is equipped with the scene auto selector function. When live view mode is enabled in Auto or Auto (flash off) mode, the camera automatically analyzes the scene and selects the appropriate shooting mode from Portrait, Landscape, Close up or Night portrait.* This function allows users achieve the intended images while leaving all settings up to the camera.
* Scene auto selector is disabled with manual focusing.
Other functions and features new to the D3100
Back to top
- Equipped with a face detection function capable of detecting up to 35 human faces (D3000: up to 5 faces)
- Operation has been improved with the addition of an independent movie-record button and release-mode selector. In addition, the rubber grip provides a better fit.
- Equipped with a Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) bus that enables remote control playback of images and movies recorded with the camera when the camera is connected to a high-definition TV
- Equipped with a new exposure compensation algorithm for greater flexibility and performance with NEF (RAW) processing
- The new ViewNX 2 software is bundled with the D3100
Back to top
||Nikon Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection
||Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Type C HDMI
||-1.7 to +0.5 m-1
||-5 to +5 EV in increments of 1/3 EV
||Auto modes (auto, auto (flash off); scene modes (portrait, landscape, child, sports, close up, night portrait); programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M)
||JPEG, NEF, RAW, MOV
|Flash Guide Number
||i-TTL balanced flash and fill flash
|Flash Sync Speed
|Frames Per Second
||Strap AN-DC1, Body Cap BF-1B, Hot Shoe Cover BS-1, DK-20, DK-5, Battery EN-EL14, Battery Charger MH-24
||Nikon F mount (with AF contacts)
|Memory Card Format
||SD, SDHC, SDXC, Eye-Fi Memory Cards
||TTL exposure metering using 420-pixel RGB sensor
||4608 x 3072
|Screen Resolution (Pixels)
|Screen Size (Inches)
||23.1 x 15.4 mm CMOS sensor
||CMOS / DX
|Shutter Speed, Maximum
|Shutter Speed, Minimum
||124 x 96 x 74.5mm
|View Finder Coverage
||Battery Charger MH-24
HD Movie Mode
||Remote cord: MC-DC2
Other optional accessories
||GPS unit: GP-1
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £11.71
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.