The WT-5 is a compact, high performance wireless transmitter for the Nikon D4 DSLR camera. Designed to enable communication between the camera and a wireless network, it supports wireless LAN IEEE 802.11n (1 x 1) and IEEE802.11a/b/g.
The WT-5 is a compact, high performance Wireless Transmitter for certain Nikon digital SLRs. Designed to enable communication between the camera and a wireless network, it supports wireless LAN IEEE 802.11n (1 x 1) and IEEE802.11a/b/g.
The transmitter attaches to the camera’s interface connector and is powered by the camera body. It features HTTP and FTP connection modes and allows for the simultaneous release of several cameras equipped with WT-5. Remote control of the camera settings and LiveView output is possible with a computer on which Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 software is installed.
- Wireless Standards - WT-5: 802.11a/b/g/n
- Communications protocols - IEEE802.11a: OFDM; IEEE802.11g: OFDM; IEEE802.11b: DSSS; IEEE802.11n: OFDM
- Operating frequency (MHz) - WT-5: 5180-5320 MHz (36/40/44/48/52/56/60/64 ch), 5500-5700 MHz (100/104/108/112/116/120/124/128/132/136/140 ch), 2412-2472 MHz (1–13 ch)
- Approximate range (line of sight) ¹ - Approximately 180 m (590.5 ft)
- Data rates ² - IEEE 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 and 54 Mbps; IEEE 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5 and 11 Mbps; IEEE 802.11n-HT20: 72 Mbps maximum; IEEE 802.11n-HT40:150 Mbps maximum
- Security Authentication - Open system, shared key, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK
- Encryption - 128/64 bit WEP, TKIP, AES
- Wireless setup - Supports WPS
- Access protocols - Infrastructure, ad hoc
- Data transfer protocols - PTP-IP, ftp, sftp
- Power consumption - 1.2W maximum
- Operating environment - Temperature: 0–40 °C/32–104 °F; Humidity: Less than 85% (no condensation)
- Weight - Approximately 27 g/0.96 oz (body only)
- Dimensions (W× H × D) - Approximately 32.0 mm × 41.5 mm × 30.0 mm
¹ With large antenna at wireless LAN access point. Range varies with signal strength and presence or absence of obstacles.
² Maximum logical data rates according to IEEE standard. Actual rates may differ.
Back to top
Back to top
For use with
||32 x 42 x 30 mm