The Roland R88 is an all-in-one 8-channel digital field recorder, mixer and USB audio interface that records to SD media. Ideal for demanding multi-channel applications, the R88 provides simultaneous recording of 8 channels up to 96kHz, 4 channels up to 192kHz, and is capable of up to three hours of non-stop recording at 24-bit/96kHz when using a 32GB SDHC memory card.
Key Features: Roland R88 8-Channel Recorder and Mixer with CB-R88 Carrying Bag
- Suitable for multi-channel applications: location sound design, event production, event videography, and live performances
- Includes all the required features: a full on-board mixer, various timecode modes and slate tone/mic for memos
- Simultaneous recording of 8 channels + stereo mix (up to 96kHz)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz uncompressed linear PCM recording (up to 4 channels)
- 3 hours of recording time using 32GB SDHC card (24bit/96kHz, 10ch)
- 8 XLR inputs, 8 XLR outputs, AES/EBU input/output
- Built-in 8 channel mixer with 3-band EQ and MS microphone decoder
- Built-in 10in/8out USB audio interface to use with any common DAW
- Touch Panel Display for intuitive navigation
- SMPTE time code in/out for video sync
- BWF and iXML embedded metadata
- Supported power types - AA batteries, rechargeable Ni-MH battery, AC power, and 4-pin XLR external battery types
Roland at NAB 2014 - R-88 and Surround Recording
- Channels: 8 channels + 2 channels (stereo mix from built-in mixer) (44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz), 4 channels (192kHz)
- Signal Processing: AD Conversion: 24 bits, DA Conversion: 24 bits
- Data TypeFormat: BWF (mono/stereo), Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/88.2/96/192 kHz, Bit Depth : 16/24 bits
- Recording Media: SDHC Memory Card: 4 GB to 32 GB, SD Memory Card: 2 GB
- Mixing Channels: Input: 8 channels, Output: 2 channels (stereo)
- Channel Strip: 3-band equalizer, Fader, Panpot, Stereo channel link
- Master: Fader, Limiter
Audio Input and Output Part
- In 1-8 (Analog Inputs): XLR type (Phantom powered): Nominal Input Level: Input Sens Knob: -62 (SENS +6dB parameter = ON), -56, -50, -44, -38, -32, -26, -20, -14, -8, -2, +4 dBu (Input Level Knob: 0), Input Level Knob: Minus infinity to +8 dB Maximum Input Level: +26 dBu
Input Impedance: Mic Input (Input Sens Knob: -62 to -20 dBu): 4 k ohms Line Input (Input Sens Knob: -14 to +4 dBu): 5.6 k ohms
- OUT 1-2 (Analog Outputs): XLR typeOutput Bus: Channel 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 or Stereo mix from internal mixer, Output Level: +4 dBu/-60 dBu, Maximum Output Level: +24 dBu, Output Impedance: 600 ohms
- OUT 3-8 (Analog Outputs): XLR typeOutput Bus: Channel 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 or Stereo mix from internal mixer, Output Level: +4 dBu, Maximum Output Level: +24 dBu, Output Impedance: 600 ohms *When sampling rate is 192kHz, outputs 5-8 are inactive.
- MIX OUT (Analog Outputs): Stereo miniature phone typeOutput Bus: Stereo mix from internal mixer, Maximum Output Level: 2Vrms/-30dBu, Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Digital Input/Output: XLR type (AES/EBU, conforms to IEC 60958-4): Output Bus: Stereo mix from internal mixer
- Headphones: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, Output Level: 80mW (32 ohms), Output Impedance: 10 ohms
- Built-in Speaker: Stereo
- Phantom Power: 48 +/- 4 V, 10 mA per 1 channel (8 channels of phantom power available simultaneously)
- Residual Noise Level: OUT 1–8: –80dBu (Input Level Knob: Min), MIX OUT: –90dBu (Input Level Knob: Min)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: 0.02 % or less (SENS Knob: +4 dBu, Input Level Knob: 0)
- Frequency Response20 Hz to 40 kHz (0 to -3 dB, Sampling Frequency: 96 kHz/192 kHz)
- Input Effects: Limiter, Low cut, Stereo channel link
- MS microphone decoder: For REC, for play and monitor
- Slate Mic/Tone: Slate Mic: Built-in, Slate Mic: 1 kHz, –20 dBFS/Alarm Tone
- Monitor: Pre Fader Listening (PFL), Real Time Analyzer (RTA)
- USB Interface: A Type Connector (For USB Memory) supports USB 2.0 and 1.1 Mass Storage Device Class. B Type Connector (For Computer) supports USB 2.0 and 1.1 Mass Storage Device Class or USB Audio (Hi-Speed USB, 10 channels inputs and 8 channels outputs). *When sampling rate is 192kHz, the USB audio interface is inactive.
- SMPTE Timecode: BNC Connectors (Conforms to SMPTE 12M-1999)
- Frame rates: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 29.97D, 30, 30D
- Modes: INT, RTC, REC-RUN, EXT SYNC, EXT (AUTO JAM), EXT SYNC REC, EXT REC
- Clock Accuracy - Max Error Rate : 15ppm
- Control 1,2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- Display: 160 x 160 dots graphic display (touch screen)
- Indicators: IN 1 to 8 Peak Indicators, Slate Mic Indicator, REC Indicator, Play Indicator
- Power SupplyAC Adaptor (PSB-1U), Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 8, or Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 8, External Power Supply: 4-pin XLR type (9 to 16 V)
- AccessoriesOwner's Manual, AC Adaptor (PSB-1U), AC Adaptor - 4pin XLR type connector conversion cable
- Recording Time using 32GB SDHC memory card1ch: 100 hours (16 bits/44.1 kHz), 16 hours (24 bits/192 kHz) / 4ch: 25 hours (16 bits/44.1 kHz), 3.8 hours (24 bits/192 kHz) / 8ch: 12 hours (16 bits/44.1 kHz), 3.8 hours (24 bits/96 kHz) / 10ch: 10 hours (16 bits/44.1 kHz), 3 hours(24 bits/96 kHz)
* These recording times are approximate. Actual results may vary somewhat. If more than one recorded file exists, the total recordable time will be less.
Size and Weight
Back to top
- Width: 260mm / 10-1/4 inches
- Depth: 235mm / 9-5/16 inches
- Height: 93 mm / 3-11/16 inches
- Weight: 2.67 kg / 5 lbs. 15 oz.
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £52.81
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.