The Sennheiser MKE 200 Microphone is a directional mic that supports both isolated and in-camera audio recording. Great looking video can be recorded easily these days, even phones offer good video recording capabilities; however, this can't be said for audio. That's where the MKE 200 comes in. This microphone is ideal for vlogging and reportage style videos where you need to talk to the camera while in a busy space such as a restaurant. The microphone features a built-in windscreen and a shock mount to minimise any unwanted noise, especially wind and handling noise. Thanks to interchangeable 3.5 mm TRS and TRRS connectivity, this MKE 400 Mobile kit is designed for use with both DSLR/Mirrorless digital cameras and mobile devices. This kit features an additional tripod and smartphone clamp for added versatility.
Sennheiser MKE 200 Mobile Kit Key Features:
- Directional microphone ideal for isolated and enhanced in-camera audio recording
- Compact built for use with a mobile device or a camera
- Minimises unwanted noise with the integrated wind protection and an internal suspension mount
- Equipped with a standard cold shoe mount
- Offers a frequency response of 40 to 20,000 Hz
- Has a -33 dB V/Pa sensitivity at 1kHZ and max 120 dB SPL SPL at 1 kHz
- 20 db SPL (A) equivalent noise level
- Utilises super cardioid pick-up pattern
- Delivers battery-free operation
- Requires 2 - 10V plug-in power
- Interchangeable TRS/TRRS connectivity with DSLRs, mirrorless cameras and mobile devices
- Includes the standard 3.5mm jack connector
What's in the box?
- 1 x MKE 200 microphone
- 1 x Coiled cable, 3.5mm locking TRS to 3.5mm TRS
- 1 x Coiled cable, 3.5mm locking TRS to 3.5mm TRRS
- 1 x Furry windshield
- 1 x Drawstring pouch
- 1 x Quick guide
- 1 x Safety guide
Sennheiser MKE 200 Microphone Product Video:
Sennheiser MKE 200 | A little microphone with a lot of power | Review
What's different about the Mobile Kit over the standard MKE 200?
The Sennheiser MKE 200 mobile kit features two additional accessories on top of the standard edition which add more versatility and flexibility, making it easier to utilise your smartphone if your main camera is not available. First of all, there's the Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod that is a rugged and lightweight mini tripod. Its equipped with a ball-joint head and push-button locking mechanism which makes it easy to easily change and adjust your smartphone to the right position. It has rubber feet that provide grip on most surfaces and collapsible legs which convert this tripod into a handheld vlogging tool. It has a maximum weight load of 1kg and a universal ¼" screw thread which is suitable for a wide range of devices.
The kit also comes with the Sennheiser Smartphone Clamp that will screw directly onto the Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod's ¼" thread. The clamp is made from solid aluminium and features soft rubber grips that will securely grip onto more smartphones. It has a 180° locking dial which allows for easy landscape-portrait transitions. The clamp has 4 ¼ screw threads and a further 3/8 mounting options that will cover a range of tripods, and an integrated cold shoe mount allows you to attach your smartphone to your camera hot shoe.
Back to top
Back to top