The MKH 8090 is a high-end condenser microphone with a wide cardioid pick-up pattern which functions as a main mic when less acoustic impression of space is demanded, and as a support mic it excels in capturing large groups of instruments. It operates on the RF principle that has been used and perfected by Sennheiser for more than 50 years. Among its advantages are low inherent self-noise, the capability to handle high sound pressure levels without distortion, and good weather resistance.
Key Features: Sennheiser MKH 8090 wide cardioid microphone
- Wide cardioid pick-up pattern
- Wide frequency response 30 to 50,000 Hz
- Very natural sound
- Can be used as a digital microphone – with the MZD 8000 digital module
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise
- Symmetrical transducer technology ensures extremely low distortion
- Transformerless, fully floating balanced output
- High output signal
- Rugged metal housing with non-reflective Nextel coating
- Extremely weather-proof due to high-frequency circuit
- Extensive range of accessories
- Timbrally identical with the other 8000-series microphones for optimum aural compatibility
Back to top
- Dimensions: diameter 19 mm, length 41 mm (incl. XLR- module MZX 8000: 75 mm)
- Audio-XLR connector: XLR-3M balanced, transformerless, floating
- Frequency response: 30 Hz to 50 kHz
- Transducer principle: RF condenser microphone
- Weight (incl. XLR-module MZX 8000): 55 g
- Pick-up pattern: wide cardioid
- Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz): 20 mV/Pa (34 dBV/Pa) with filter module MZF 8000: 6.3 mV/Pa (44 dBV/Pa)
- Nominal impedance: 25 O
- Min. terminating impedance: 2000 O
- Phantom powering: 48 V +/- 4 V
- Equivalent noise level: 13 dB(A)
- Equivalent noise level weighted as per CCIR 468-3: 23 dB
- Maximum sound pressure level (passive): 142 dB SPL with and without filter module MZF 8000
- Current consumption: 3.3 mA
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £42.67
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.