Condition : 8
Lens shows signs of use, lens shows obvious signs of use including scratches and a large crack to distance scale glass, wear to lens mount, heavy wear to hood mount, some very fine scratches to front optic, general marks and shining to barrel. The optics show light dust throughout the optics, however this doesn’t affect images in any way.
Back to top
Lens is supplied with the front cap, rear cap, lens hood, lens pouch, tripod collar and original box.
Packed with the latest technology from Sigma and smaller than its predecessor, the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG OS HSM lens features Optical Stabilisation (OS), which helps achieve blur-free shots even at maximum zoom, and a fast f/2.8 aperture that is ideal for shooting in low light. The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) offers quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capability.
Key Features: Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 100 to 300mm with most cameras
- Offers Sigma’s OS System (Optical Stabilization) allowing handheld photography even in low-light situation
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus
- FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass for compensate for colour aberration
Ideal for handheld photography
The lens is equipped with Sigma's own unique OS (Optical Stabilizer) function. This system offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible, making telephoto shooting easy. Mode 1 is ideal for general photography and Mode 2 is designed for panning subjects such as racing cars. For Sony and Pentax mount, the built-in OS function of this lens can be used even if the camera body is equipped with an anti-shake function. As compensation for camera shake is visible in the view finder, the photographer can easily check for accurate focus and ensure there is no subject movement.
* For Pentax and Sony mounts, it is not possible to use the AF and the built-in OS function of this lens when attaching it to film SLR cameras as well as Pentax ist series and K100D.
* When using the OS function of a lens with a camera which incorporates a stabilizer unit, please turn the camera's stabilizer unit off.
* This lens cannot be used with film SLR cameras with the exception of the Nikon F6 and Canon EOS-1v.
This lens has a compact construction with a diameter of 86.4mm(3.4in.), overall length of 197.6mm(7.8in.) and weight of 1,430g(50.4oz.). This compact and lightweight construction makes it ideal for many types of photography such as portraits, landscapes and sports.
Excellent Optical Performance
This lens features 2 FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have the performance equal to fluorite glass, and 3 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements providing excellent correction of color aberration. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and ensures high contrast images. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range.
* FLD glass is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. This optical glass has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. It also benefits from high anomalous dispersion.
These characteristics give excellent correction for residual chromatic aberration (secondary spectrum) which cannot be corrected by ordinary optical glass and ensures high definition and high contrast images.
Hyper Sonic Motor
The lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), ensuring high speed and quiet AF as well as full time manual focus capability.
* For Sony and Pentax mount, AF will not function with DSLR cameras that do not support HSM.
Inner focusing and inner zooming system
The lens design incorporates an inner focusing and inner zooming systems. The overall length of the lens does not change during focusing and zooming, ensuring convenient handling. The inner focusing system also eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using circular polarizing filters and the supplied petal-type lens hood. A removable tripod collar (TS-21) is included as a standard component.
This lens has a rounded 9 blade diaphragm which creates an attractive bokeh to the out of focus area.
APO Tele-Converter (Optional)
The addition of the optical 1.4x EX DG APO or 2x EX DG APO Tele Converters* produce a 98-280mm F4 AF telephoto zoom lens or a 140-400mm F5.6 AF telephoto zoom lens respectively.
* The Pentax mount Tele Converter is not compatible with the particular lens.
Hood Adapter HA850-01 (Supplied)
Hood adapter extends the length of the lens hood and provides more effective shading when used with digital cameras with an APS-C size images sensor.
* When using the APS-C Hood Adapter HA850-01 with digital cameras with larger than APS-C size image sensor, vignetting will occur. Please remove the hood adapter if you are using these cameras.
Sigma’s DG lenses are designed for cameras with a full-frame sensor, but cameras with a cropped sensor can also take these lenses. These are large-aperture lenses with wide angles and short minimum focusing distances. With an abundance of peripheral illumination, they are ideal lenses for Digital SLR Cameras whilst retaining suitability for traditional 35mm SLRs.
OS (Optical Stabilizer)
This function utilises a built-in mechanism that compensates for camera shake. It dramatically expands photographic possibilities by alleviating camera movement when shooting hand held.
Back to top
The exterior of this lens is EX-finished to denote the superior build and optical quality, and to enhance its appearance.
Back to top
|Filter Thread Size (mm)
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)
||Nikon F (FX)
|Maximum Aperture – Tele
|Maximum Aperture – Wide
|Number of Lens Elements
|Number of Lens Groups
||86.4 x 197.6 mm
||Sigma 1.4x EX DG converter, Sigma 2x EX DG converter
Minimum Focus Distance (m)
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £20.63
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.