The Sony NEX-7 digital camera extends Sony's remarkable 'mirrorless' range which combines the capability of Digital SLR technology with convenient interchangeable lenses in a neat, ergonomic design that's portable and practical. The 24.3 megapixel camera packs a neat pop-up flash, comfortable hand grip and a super fast release time lag of 0.02 seconds. The NEX-7 is equipped with a re-designed Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor usually found inside a DSLR to ensure an extremely fast performance, sharp quality and low noise images, allowing you to work in all shooting conditions at great speed. Combined with this advanced technology is Sony's OLED viewfinder and powerful BIONZ processor which ensures excellent performance and even higher quality of stills of 10 frames per second and high quality HD video recording with stereo sound.
Key features of the Sony NEX-7
Back to top
- Slim, light and compact - DSLR picture quality without the size and weight: small enough to carry with you everywhere
- Wireless Flash Enabled - Devices which are Wi-Fi or Wireless enabled are able to connect to a local area network and send / receive data without the need for a physical (wired) connection. Many devices, such as laptops, notebooks etc. will be 'Wi-Fi Enabled' - this means they are fully equipped and ready to connect to any local area network that permits access.
- 24.3 effective megapixels - Very high resolution Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor; captures superb quality, low noise images and allows DSLR-style background defocus
- BIONZ processor - Powerful image processing ensures clear, detailed, low-noise images and quick, responsive shooting
- E-mount interchangeable lens system - Choose the ideal lens to suit shooting conditions, just like a DSLR camera. Optional converter for A-mount DSLR lenses
- Full HD movie with manual exposure control - Touch a button and record detail-packed AVCHD video with stereo sound; 25p/50p progressive shooting for smooth, cinematic footage
- Very high speed burst shooting - Capture fast-moving action with rapid burst shooting up to 10 frames per second (Speed Priority mode)
- XGA OLED TruFinder™ - Precision electronic viewfinder gives bright, high contrast image with 100% frame coverage and wide angle of view
- Grid lines and level gauge - Switchable framing lines and gauge display in viewfinder; assists accurate composition of landscapes and architectural scenes
- 7.5cm (3") tilt-angle Xtra Fine LCD - Photo-quality (921k dot) screen with TruBlack technology for bright, extremely high contrast image preview
- Precision Digital Zoom - Get closer to the action with smooth, high quality magnification of central portion of image from 1.1x up to 10x
- Intuitive user interface - Quick, menu-free adjustment of exposure, focus mode and other creative settings with comfortably positioned dials
- DSLR-style manual operation - Enjoy full control over exposure with Programme, Aperture/Shutter Priority and all-Manual modes (PASM) - just like a DSLR camera
- Intelligent AUTO - Automatically recognizes common shooting situations, adjusting camera settings for beautiful results
- Wide sensitivity range from ISO 100-16000 - Very high maximum sensitivity allows natural, low-noise images, even when shooting handheld in low light
- SteadyShot - Enjoy in-lens optical image stabilisation during handheld shooting (with compatible lenses)
- Object Tracking - Keeps accurate focus lock on your selected object, even while it’s moving in the frame
- Sweep Panorama with 3D Sweep Panorama - Press the shutter and sweep the camera to capture extra-wide panoramic images: also capture 3D panoramas to view on 3D TV
- Face Detection and Face Registration - Recognises up to 8 faces in a scene, optimising optimum exposure, white balance, flash and other settings for beautiful portraits
- Smile Shutter - Automatically fires shutter when subject smiles: Can be combined with Face Registration
- Picture Effect Modes - Produce impressive creative effects with no PC needed - including Posterise, Partial Colour, HDR Painting, Soft Focus, Miniature
- Creative Styles - 11 selectable image finishing options to suit range of shooting situations - can be customised for even greater creative control
- Soft Skin mode - Automatically retouches portraits, removing minor blemishes and wrinkles for beautiful faces
- D-Range Optimiser - Adjusts brightness of light and dark image areas for more natural, evenly-exposed results with high-contrast backlit scenes
- Auto HDR - Automatically shoots and combines three images at different exposure settings to capture extreme shadow and highlight detail
- Handheld Twilight mode - Combines high-speed burst of six frames to create single low-noise image in low-light conditions
- Anti Motion Blur mode - Combines high-speed burst of six frames taken at fast shutter speed, to create a single low-noise image with minimised blur
- Shading and aberration compensation - Intelligently corrects vignetting (peripheral shading), lateral chromatic aberration and distortion for each E-mount lens
- Tough styling and comfortable handling - Magnesium body cover panels give strength and lightness, plus high-comfort grip for sure handling
- Anti-dust system - Reduces build-up of dust on sensor for clear, blemish-free images
- Auto-lock Accessory Shoe - Attach optional flash units or sync terminal adaptor to create advanced flash effects
- HDMI® output - HD connector for image display on HD TV (requires optional cable). Photo TV HD enhances still image viewing on compatible BRAVIA®
- BRAVIA® Sync - For easy control of camera playback functions via BRAVIA® TV’s remote
- Picture Motion Browser - Supplied PC software for easy organising, viewing and online sharing of your photos and HD video clips
Back to top
||Contrast AF system
||HD/HDMI Out, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
||Automatic, Program Auto, iAUTO, Shutter priority, Aperture priority, Manual, Scene selection
||JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format), 3D MPO (MPF Extended compliant)
|Flash Guide Number
|Flash Sync Speed
|Frames Per Second
|Memory Card Format
||Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card
|Screen Resolution (Pixels)
|Screen Size (Inches)
||120 x 70 x 43 mm
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £27.21
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.