Lightweight and compact, the Sony HXR-MC88 is an entry-level camcorder suitable for education, vlogging and corporate work. Its 1.0” type Exmor RS sensor with BIONZ X processing engine offers excellent light gathering capabilities, delivering bright Full HD imagery. It comes with Fast Hybrid AF, dual XLR professional audio, built-in ND filters and a 48x zoom for easy on-the-go shooting.
Key Features: Sony HXR-MC88 Camcorder
Back to top
- Large 14.2-megapixel (effective) 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor
- Advanced BIONZ X image processor to capture the full pixel readout of the sensor
- Ultimate mobility with fast Hyrbid AF to provide pin-sharp image quality at all times
- Auto Focus Creative Control - AF Drive, AF Switching and AF Track Depth
- 29mm wide-angle 12x optical zoom lens with 24x Clear Image Zoom and 48x zoom with digital extender
- Superb quality monitoring with a 0.39-type 2359 K dot OLED viewfinder and 3.5-type 1550K dot LCD
- Built-in Nuetral Density (ND) filters - 1/4 (2 stops), 1/16 (4 stops), and 1/64 (6 stops)
- AVCHD progressive recording - shoot Full HD at 28Mbps at 60/50P with LPCM audio for up to 290 minutes
- Dual media slots - compatible with SDXC and SDHC cards as well as Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) / PRO-HG Duo
- Versatile connections for professional workflows - multi-Interface (MI) Shoe, HDMI, and Multi/Micro USB jack
- Remote interface - focus, zoom, rec start/stop and rec review can be controlled remotely using optional RM-1BP or RM-30BP
- Dual XLR inputs - even if you remove the handle with its standard XLR connector, then a second on the body is still available
- Simple live solution - designed to work seamlessly with Sony’s MCX-500 Multi-Camera Live Producer
Back to top
||80 mins recording
Optical zoom (x)
||121 x 104 x 223 mm
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £54.02
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.