Aimed at professional filmmakers, the compact and portable Tascam DR-701D is a six-channel audio recorder designed to be used in combination with a digital SLR camera (also usable as a standalone recorder). The DR-701D recorder comes with dual built-in omnidirectional microphones and four XLR/TRS inputs with phantom power, and there are tripod mounts on the top and bottom to allow attachment under a camera, or follow-focus cage.
Key Features: Tascam DR-701D 6-Channel Audio Recorder
Back to top
- Compact, professional-grade audio recorder designed to be used in combination with a DSLR camera (also usable as a standalone field recorder)
- Uses an SD/SDHC/SDXC card as recording medium
- Recording at 44.1/48/96/192 kHz, 16/24-bit, WAV/BWF format (192 kHz only for two-channel recording)
- High-quality recording inputs through Tascam original High Definition Discrete Architecture (HDDA) microphone preamps
- Up to six recording channels (4 channels + stereo mix)
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels (–1 dB to –12 dB)
- Recording levels can be adjusted independently for inputs 1–4
- Two built-in omnidirectional microphones
- Four XLR/TRS combo inputs support +4 dBu line level and phantom power (+24V/+48V)
- +24 dBu maximum input level (20 dB headroom)
- 64 dB gain (maximum)
- Additional unbalanced input for channels 1 and 2 (stereo mini jack) supports mics that require plug-in power, allowing the input of video mics and other high-output mics
- Selectable mid-side decoding for use with MS microphone setups
- Selectable delay to eliminate time lags caused by differences in the distances of two microphones (±150 ms)
- Five-stage switchable low-cut filter conveniently reduces unwanted low frequencies (40/80/120/180/220 Hz)
- Multiband limiter automatically adjusts input overloads (stereo-linking possible with inputs 1 and 2)
- Trim settings of input channels 1–4 can be displayed
- Built-in mixer enables pan and level adjustments as well as solo monitoring and can output a mix of four channels
- Trim controls can be grouped to allow the levels of multiple channels to be controlled simultaneously
- Audio mixed by the DR-701D can be output to a DSLR camera
- Camera input enables convenient monitoring of audio from a DSLR camera
- Clock and starting/stopping recording can be synchronized with a camera using the HDMI input (depending on type of camera)
- The recorder’s audio signal can be sent to an external recorder using the HDMI output
- Timecode can be input through the TC IN connector and recording start times added to files
- Built-in timecode generator (RTC) allows recording start times to be added to files even when there is no timecode input
- Slate tones can be added automatically or manually to simplify synchronization of video files when editing
- Mark function allows up to 99 points to be added to a single file (mark information can be used in software that supports BWF)
- A new file can be created during recording (manually or by file size)
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- Resume function remembers the playback position even when the unit is turned off
- Cascade function using HDMI connections allows DR-701D transport and monitoring operations
- Tone generator is convenient when adjusting the relative levels of different equipment
- Headphones jack with 2 × 50 mW maximum output
- High-quality audio output through a line output jack separate from the headphones jack
- Hold switch prevents misoperation
- Transport and SLATE buttons made of rubber to suppress noise during operation
- 128 x 64 pixel LC display with backlight
- LED lights are visible even in direct sunlight
- USB 2.0 port for high-speed transfer of files to computers
- Micro-B type USB cable included
- Stand adapter (¼ inch) on bottom side to attach the unit to a tripod
- DSLR bracket for easy camera attachment and removal
- Hot shoe mount (accessible when not using the DSLR bracket)
- Handles on the front left and right sides protect the screen and can be used to attach a shoulder strap
- RC-3F foot switch and RC-10 wired remote control can be connected (both sold separately)
- Operates on four AA batteries or rechargeables, USB bus power, optional AC adapter (Tascam PS-P520E), or optional external battery pack (Tascam BP-6AA)
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £18.36
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.