Author David Taylor's comprehensive step-by-step guide includes practical tips on how to get the best from the Canon Rebel T3/EOS 1100D. This easy to follow guide includes: step-by-step instructions for basic and advanced functions, professional guidance on exposure, depth of field and flash, advice on accessories, and connection to external devices, practical tips on lighting, macro, camera care and much more. The book is made up of nine chapters and explains in detail and in simple terms every aspect of photography, from the cameras functions, to the accessories that accompany it.
The Expanded Guide - Canon Rebel T3/EOS 1100D
- ISBN-13: 9781907708206
- No. of Pages: 240
- Photos: approx. 200
- Dimensions: 178 x 145mm (7x5 11/16")
About The Author: David Taylor is an award-winning landscape and travel photographer, born and raised in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear. His work has taken him all over the world, but away from his photographic career David lives on an exposed hill, overlooking the market town of Hexham in Northumberland.
The book covers everything below and more:
- Chapter 1: Overview – How Canon began, About the 1100D, Comparisons, Main features EG sensor, ISO, Focus, Processor, Exposure, Camera Layout, Viewfinder Display
- Chapter 2: Functions – Attaching strap, adjusting diopter, memory cards, battery, mode dial, LCD, modes ie Landscape, portrait, sports, Aperture AV, Manual, A-DEP – Auto Depth Of Field button, Live View, White balance
- Chapter 3: In the Field – Depth of field, Photographing Motion, Capturing action, Lighting, Optical Issues, Framing, DOF, Composition
- Chapter 4: Flash – Guide numbers, fill in flash, E-TTL metering, Flash exposure compensation, Speedlites, bounce, off camera flash, wireless flash
- Chapter 5: Close Up – Reproduction Ratio, working distance, accessories, extension tubes, macro lenses, lighting
- Chapter 6: Movies – menus, sound, importing and editing
- Chapter 7: Lenses – EF & EFS lenses, L series, Focal length, prime, wide-angle, zoom, telephoto, tilt-and-shift, teleconverters
- Chapter 8. Accessories & Camera Care – filters, support (tripods), memory cards, sensor clean
- Chapter 9: Connections – television, printer, computer, software, calibration, Eye-Fi, backing up
Canon's Rebel T3/EOS 1100D is an entry level DSLR designed to update and replace its flagship EOS 1000D, which lacked video recording facility – the new camera includes 720p HD video. The new model incorporates improvements to sensor and picture resolution in an interchangeable lens camera that ideally suits the novice with an eye on budget.
The Rebel T3/EOS 1100D includes a "guide mode" that walks the user through the camera's various functions on-screen – a useful feature for the first-time DSLR owner becoming familiar with the more complicated functions.
Automatic shooting modes including Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Action and Night Scene; a quick menu screen enables adjustments according to the scene's ambience. In the Basic Zones adjustments can be made according to lighting or scene type, and ambience settings from Vivid, Soft, Warm, Intense, Cool, Brighter, Darker to Monochrome, are possible. Lighting settings offer a choice of Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, or Sunset.
Back to top
Back to top