The Tiffen APEX filter is designed for use on all DSLR, APS-C & Micro 4:3 sensors regardless of lens coating. This 10-stop ND filter is designed for extreme long exposures, the filter will allow you to blur any movement in the scene. The APEX is equipped with a standard near infrared blocker and a Tiffen Hot Mirror to eliminate all IR pollution that long exposure photography is susceptible to. These two features allow you to capture your long exposures without the risk of compromising the colour in your image. If you require a heightened red response in your image, either manually reset your white balance or adjust in post-production software.
Product Features & Benefits
Back to top
- Used to lower shutter speeds to produce a smooth softening effect on objects and matter in motion, such as water, tall grass, cars, clouds, etc.
- Reduces amount of light passing through the camera lens while eliminating all IR pollution
- Especially useful in bright light conditions to help prevent overexposure;balances exposure
- Eliminates overly bright, washed out images
- Controls depth-of-field
- 10-stops of neutral density filtration
Back to top
Effect | Type
Thread Size [mm]