Olympus has added to their range of go-anywhere compacts with the TOUGH TG-Tracker, an ultra-flexible, rugged action camera designed to capture high-quality 8-megapixel stills and 4K/30p and 1080/60p video with full tracking data (location, acceleration, altitude, temperature, etc.) in extreme shooting situations. Waterproof to 30m, freezeproof to -10°C, shockproof to 2.1m, crushproof to 100kg and dustproof - the new TG-Tracker is built to handle whatever life throws at it.
TOUGH TG-Tracker Green - Main Features:
- Super-rugged action camera for capturing high-quality stills and 4K video with full tracking data in extreme shooting situations
- Ideal for outdoor and action sports enthusiasts keen to track their achievements and improvements in performance
- Five sensors capture more accurate field data for a fully immersive, split-screen review/playback experience
- Waterproof, crushproof, shockproof, freezeproof, dustproof
- Sensors log altitude/depth, air/water temperature, acceleration, orientation, latitude and longitude
- Acceleration sensor flags sudden changes in G force
- Free OI.Track Ver 2.0 App displays images and data together and records log data
- Select map and chart view
- Ultra-wide angle Olympus lens with 204° field of view for capturing peripheral detail out of owner’s field of vision
- Built-in spotlight (up to 60 Lumen) for shooting in dark settings
- TruePic VII image processor from Olympus high-end cameras
- Choice of video formats, including 1080p and 4K
- Underwater detector automatically switches to optimal settings
- Supplied with detachable selfie mirror, plus essential lens and underwater protection
- Grip extension supplied for stable shooting in active situations
- Outstanding battery life in Full HD and 4K video modes
- Time lapse still photography
- 5-axis image stabilisation for blur-free videos
- Compatible with many thirdparty accessories, mounts and harnesses, adapter included
Stylus Tough TG-Tracker Product Overview
Olympus Tough TG-5 and Tough TG-Tracker – Which Is Right For You? | Wex Photo Video
Go anywhere, record everything
The new TG-Tracker has what it takes to hit the ground running. Literally. This camera is ready to record in the harshest environments without added protection. It is shockproof to a height of 2.1 metres*, crushproof to a weight of 100kg*, dustproof, freezeproof down to -10°C* and waterproof down to
30 metres* below sea level. In addition to Olympus image quality and its wide-angle, hand-held framing flexibility, it also has another dimension that makes sure it stands out among other outdoor still and video cameras: its five sensors. Unlike products with regular geotagging, the TG-Tracker can sense acceleration, altitude or depth and temperature as well as direction of movement – in addition to latitude and longitude. This gives extreme sports enthusiasts a much fuller picture of where they were, what was happening and how they were performing at the moment any given image was captured.
For example, when they review footage on their smartphone, scuba divers can see at a glance at what depth, water temperature and distance from the entry point they encountered a spectacular fish or species of coral. The camera even logs changes in G force – like a parachute opening or the take-off and landing that bookend a snowboarder’s 360 – then tags the chapter for easy retrieval. The TG-Tracker lets owners focus on the immediate challenge and thrill, while it is capturing all the key data. By showing images and details in context in the new and free Olympus Image Track App (OI.Track) – such as where a photo was taken on a realistic depth/time profile of a scuba dive – five-sensor tracking makes re-viewing and sharing extreme activities all the more fascinating, and more intense. This isn’t just life logging. It’s energising logging of a real-life adventure.
Olympus image quality guaranteed
TG-Tracker owners benefit from Olympus’ high-end imaging know-how, and a camera that out-performs similarly priced rivals in many ways. From 5-axis image stabilisation for video and the performance of the replaceable battery to the flip-out colour LCD for framing and reviewing the action. What’s more, its ultra-wide lens that captures a 204° field of view that often reveals peripheral details the owner cannot even have seen. On top the TG-Tracker records 4K video** with ease, powered by the same TruePic VII image processor found in several high-end Olympus interchangeable-lens cameras.
Underwater, the camera automatically adjusts white balance and other settings, and there is an up to 60 lumen spotlight for shooting when it would otherwise be too dark. The supplied grip extension and built-in mirror mean owners can hold their camera how they want and they make it as easy to shoot selfies as over a cliff edge or – using a compatible mount or harness – completely hands-free. Alternatively, for full-length selfies with a big group and all the gear, they can operate the camera remotely from a phone with OI.Share installed, another of Olympus’ free Apps.
Olympus Image Track software supplied
Reviewing footage is when the TG-Tracker really comes into its own – and the images and data recorded come vividly to life, either as high-resolution 4K video on a full-size TV or on a smartphone equipped with the new version of the free Olympus OI.Track App. Transferring stills and video** to the phone is simple, via Wi-Fi. OI.Track offers owners a variety of features and settings, but the most important is the option to browse images and related log data together, in split-screen mode. The log for each clip or still can be viewed from two perspectives: as a birds-eye map or as a chart plotting depth/altitude against time. By comparing past logs stored in the App, it’s easy to calculate distance covered, speed and other variables, which is great motivation to push the limits further next time.
Back to top