Wex Photo Video customers count on us to help them capture the world around them. We support them in their creativity and ambition, and our commitment to carrying out green initiatives whenever and wherever we can is a logical extension of this.
Thousands of tonnes of packaging waste are generated worldwide every year, posing a serious threat to the environment. In order to reduce waste, CO2 emissions, and energy used to both create and recycle packaging, we have implemented the following innovations:
- Fully recyclable and biodegradable – We use single-walled cardboard boxes made from 100% recycled material. Made with fewer materials, reinforced corrugated fluting makes these boxes are as strong as standard, double-walled boxes.
- Box sizing – We always try to use the best-fitting cardboard box to ship your items.
- Recyclable gummed paper tape – Made from renewable natural resources such as paper and starch, the tape we use to secure our parcels is strong, reliable and environmentally friendly.
- Recyclable air pocket wrap – Made from a minimum of 30% recycled content and widely accepted throughout the UK for kerbside recycling, this wrap protects the contents of our parcels. They’re also suitable for carrier bag recycling schemes. Visit recyclenow.com for details.
- Avoiding excess packaging – We send larger items such as printers, monitors, telescopes and paper rolls in the manufacturer's original packaging. This packaging is designed to protect the contents in transit and therefore does not require additional protection. Please note: Gift wrap is not available on these items.
What could be better in terms of sustainability than making use of a 'preloved' item? By choosing second-hand equipment, our customers are also helping our planet.
Wex Photo Video incorporates the following green initiatives into how we rebox our second-hand items:
- Fully recyclable and biodegradable – Pre-loved photo and video equipment sold without the manufacturer's packaging is reboxed by us in plain white cardboard boxes. The boxes are made from 100% recycled materials and are 100% recyclable and biodegradable.
- Eco-friendly void-fill packaging – Filling the space between the product and the packaging, we use Geami Brown Roll made from 100% recycled paper to protect our second-hand products when shipped to you. It is also kerbside recyclable.
- Recyclable gummed paper tape and best-fitting boxes – You’ll find these two points covered in the section above.
View our unboxed and pre-loved items »
As part of our commitment to sustainability, some of our larger corporate customers ask us to donate their old and unwanted equipment to schools and colleges. As a result, educational institutions are spared the expense of purchasing new equipment from their often limited budgets. We also arrange for the old equipment to be serviced and tested through Fixation.
You’re welcome to drop off any electrical or electronic photo/video equipment at any of our 12 store locations nationwide for professional disposal.
Anything with a plug, battery or cable can be recycled or reused. Learn more »
Our 12 main offices have LED lighting and automatically switch to standby mode after hours to save energy and reduce CO2 emissions.
Cycle to Work is a tax-free scheme offered to all employees that helps them save money on bikes and accessories while also helping the environment.