The Acuter Maksy-60 consists of a great little telescope set that has the added bonus of a removable discovery panel. This reveals the fascinating inner-workings of the advanced Maksutov-Cassegrain optical system, a great way for kids and adults to learn how their new Acuter telescope works. It is best for observing, learning and capturing still images of the stars with your smartphone. Simply utilise the included smartphone adapter and keep a digital log of your observations. This Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope consists of a 60mm diameter f=750 construction and comes equipped with a 37.5x Eyepiece, a Projection Eyepiece, an Erect-image Diagonal and a Table Top Tripod. So simply unwrap your new telescope from its colourful and portable gift box, and follow in the footsteps of Dmitri Maksutov himself. Discover, share, and dive into the captivating world of astronomy. The sky's the limit!
Acuter Maksy-60 Educational Telescope Discovery Set Key Features:
- Compact and portable telescope system
- Maksutov style 60mm diameter mirror f=750 telescope
- Ideal for introducing astronomy to people of all ages
- Great for observing, learning, and sharing discoveries
- Ability to take still images of the stars with your smartphone
- Premium optics with 37.5x eyepiece included
- Discover the telescope's inner-workings with the removable discovery panel
- Durable and adjustable table-top tripod stand
- Includes an educational projection eyepiece
- Colourful gift box (with handle) for easy transportation
What's in the box?
- 1 x Acuter Maksy-60 Educational Telescope Discovery Set
- 1 x Universal Smartphone Adaptor
- 1 x Extra Eyepiece
- 1 x Adjustable Compact Tripod
- 1 x User guide
Is the Maksy-60 a beginner telescope?
Yes, the Acuter Maksy-60 has been made specifically for those just starting their journey into astronomy. It is also a great way to get kids involved, with the smartphone adapter allowing you take photos of your discoveries.
Who invented the Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope?
The Maksutov telescope is name after its inventor, Dmitri Maksutov. He was a Soviet/Russian optician and astronomer who constructed this specific design in 1941, the same one used in this Acuter Maksy-60 Educational Telescope Discovery Set.
How does the smartphone adapter work?
Simply utilise the smartphone adapter when you wish to capture a still image of what you can see through the telescope's eyepiece. This is essentially a plate that you can strap your smartphone too, allowing the phone's camera to sit atop the T2 Ring in place of the eyepiece.
Back to top
Back to top
Focal Length [mm]
Magnification With Eyepieces Supplied [x]
||Table Top Tripod