The Audio-Technica AT2031 Cardioid Condenser Microphone ensures professional-quality audio recording for a variety of instruments. Designed to afford you high audio clarity, its effective cardioid pattern promises a focused sound pickup, which enables it to reproduce detailed and smooth sound. Also, its high SPL capability offers a wide dynamic response range that is well-suited to recording violin and piano. Plus, its low-self noise feature further reduces the undesired noise generated from cable movements and handling - achieving clean and intelligible audio every time. Its unique star-shaped grille protects the element from harm and rough handling, making it fit for everyday recording sessions. Tailored for all levels of musicians, this compact microphone is versatile, compact, and lightweight for recording a wide range of instrumental compositions.
Audio-Technica AT2031 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Key Features:
- Lightweight and convenient microphone for instrumental recording
- Promises studio-quality audio recording for both string and percussion instruments
- Suitable for recording piano, cello, violin, acoustic guitar, drums, and more
- The cardioid polar pattern ensures focused sound pickup in front of the mic
- Exceptional frequency response for clean and precise sound quality
- Offers low self-noise, making it better suited for digital recording
- Rugged star-shaped grille design protects capsule from harms
- Small, lightweight, portable, and easy-to-use stick condenser mic
- The high-pass filter design eliminates undesired noise and sounds
- Comes with a windscreen to filter noise generated from wind, hiss, hums, etc.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Audio-Technica AT2031 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 1 x AT8405a stand clamp
- 1 x Windscreen
- 1 x Soft protective pouch
Can you use the AT2031 microphone for recording cello compositions?
The AT2031 microphone is specifically designed to record stringed instruments. You can record professional quality cello compositions with clean and crisp audio.
Can you connect the AT2031 microphone to a smartphone and then record instruments?
This microphone is not capable of establishing a direct connection with a smartphone because it utilises phantom power to operate or uses an XLR connector cable. You can consider buying the BOYA BY-PM500 listed on our website that is easy to connect with smartphones.
Can you fix this microphone on a violin to record sound?
The Audio-Technica AT2031 does not provide an accessory that can help you attach it to your violin. You can use a microphone stand to record clean audio. It will also allow you to keep the microphone closer to the recording instrument.
Back to top
Back to top
Is Good For