EIZO, as a brand, has a well-deserved reputation for producing some of the best monitors on the market. They're best known for their phenomenal colour reproduction and creative features that suit almost any creative discipline, be it, photo editing, video editing, colour grading or animation. But, as with many areas of this creative industry, it's not always easy to know what is the best choice. There are also sorts of specifications and screen sizes...
So, not sure which EIZO monitor is right for you? Are you wondering what is the best EIZO monitor out there? Well, we've picked out some of our favourite models and broken down their key strengths for various applications!
Best Eizo monitor for photo editing
EIZO ColorEdge CG2420 24 Inch Monitor
The EIZO ColorEdge CG2420 24" monitor is a graphics monitor with sleek cabinet design for aspiring and professional creatives. It features a built-in self-calibration sensor for hassle-free monitor maintenance that ensures optimal colour reproduction and image consistency throughout the creative workflow. The ColorEdge CG2420 offers a wide-gamut IPS (in-plane-switching) panel with a 1920 x 1200 native resolution to ensure 99% Abobe RGB coverage so that photos of vibrant blue skies and lush green forests are reproduced faithfully. This professional-level model is designed for photography, design, print, and post production work.
A tried and tested piece of industry equipment used for photo editing because of its accuracy and simplicity. It’s a relatively low-cost monitor in a saturated market of photo-editing screens. Not only is it accurate and easy to use, but it also offers a 10-bit simultaneous display from a 16-bit look-up-table and an IPS panel with a wide colour gamut that reproduces 99% of the Adobe RGB colour space. Basically, it offers more than a billion colours simultaneously! This monitor can as easily be a hobbyist’s editing monitor as it could be a prosumer’s.
- A simple, tried and tested design and operation
- It offers excellent colour accuracy and will help improve your final images
- A relatively low-cost monitor for prosumer-level performance it offers
- It is an older model and the lack of more modern ports may be an issue
- While great for editing, it doesn’t have DCI True Blacks support
- Not ideal for video or hybrid shooters due to the lack of 3D LUT capability
EIZO ColorEdge CS2731 27 Inch Monitor
The EIZO ColorEdge CS2731 27 Inch Monitor delivers a streamlined workspace with simple, yet precise colour management. It is the first monitor in the ColorEdge range that comes equipped with a USB Type-C single cable connection, boasting 60W of power delivery. View videos, transmit USB signals or deliver power to a connected device with ease and no need for additional cable clutter. Work comfortably and efficiently with this versatile monitor capable of landscape and portrait configurations as well as height, tilt and swivel adjustments. It also comes with a convenient built-in carry handle. Thanks to this easy operability, you can quickly reposition the monitor for client reviews and collaborative work.
A similar model but with some key differences (as well as a wide 27” screen). An LCD monitor with 2560 x 1440 resolution that comes with Eizo’s ColorNavigator 7 and Quick Color Match software for the best colour calibration. While this and the CG2420 are not 4K screens, you’ll find it easy to forget this - it offers smooth, crisp images with a colour palette that is designed to make your photos look their best!
- Ample screen space and its non-glare panel are ideal for editing photos
- Simple USB-C connectivity for daisy-chaining multiple monitors
- Excellent uniformity, excellent sharpness and excellent colour accuracy
- Not a 4K screen (but this may not be an issue for all)
- The somewhat wide bezels are not as attractive as other competitors
- Some may not like the electrostatic switches conventional tactile button controls
Best Eizo monitor for video editing and colour grading
EIZO ColorEdge CG319X 31 inch Monitor
A professional 4096 x 2160 EIZO ColorEdge CG319X 31" Monitor equipped with HLG and the PQ gamma curve for editing HDR video content, as well as a wide colour gamut for displaying vibrant images. Whether you are creating, editing, or checking your work, this screen offers ample space to focus on 4K content.
At the time of writing, the CG319x is one of Eizo’s best monitors yet for video editing and colour grading. Its built-in calibration sensors and software (along with a bunch of useful and versatile features) allow this monitor to deliver professional, Hollywood-level colour performance. That incredible colour accuracy is made all the sweeter with 4K HDR support, super-wide viewing angles and a swivel/tilt function for ease of use.
- Incredible colour accuracy supporting 98% of DCI-P3 colour
- Built-in sensors to make calibration simple and effective
- 4K HDR support covers most creative briefs
- It’s a very expensive monitor - definitely aimed at professional studios
- As Eizo monitors go, this is not the most attractive of monitors
- It is a heavy monitor - as you’d expect from the size - and despite the swivel/tilt function, this monitor does not rotate
Best Eizo monitor for home use
EIZO FlexScan EV2795 27 inch Monitor - Black
A virtually frameless design with a minimalistic look. This sleek monitor is designed for complete convenience to you as the user. From a flexible monitor stand that allows you to adjust the monitor's height and orientation to best suit your workflow; to a TÜV Rheinland certified eye care system that not only is optimised to reduce eye-fatigue but also helps to reduce power-consumption, harkening to Eizo's eco-conscious mentality. The monitor features a versatile USB-C connection which allows you to easily move from one workstation to another using your USB-C laptop, or daisy-chain up to four monitors at once for increased productivity. The monitor comes with either a black or a white bezel.
If you’re not a photographer or videographer, it’s unlikely you’ll spend hours meticulously editing photographs or videos. Because of that, you’re not going to want a monitor that is designed for that specific purpose. But, you may still want something that offers excellent colour accuracy and performs well for home, office, media viewing and other purposes. Well, Eizo’s FlexScan EV2795 is a solid choice for this. While it may not be an editing monitor with professional graphics, it offers a 14-bit colour palette as well as lots of user-centric features that make it much more than your average office monitor.
- It’s hit the sweet spot for optimal work and leisure usage
- It looks the part! It has a virtually frameless design that is sleek and stylish
- Eco-modes consume less power and there’s a physical on/off switch zero power consumption
- It is expensive but its wide range of features justifies the cost
- The built-in speakers are not great - we’d definitely recommend external speakers
- No 4K viewing but this must be weighed up next to its multi-faceted functionality and reliability.
Best Eizo monitor on a budget
EIZO FlexScan EV2360 23 inch IPS Monitor - Black
EIZO's FlexScan EV2360 23 inch IPS Monitor has been designed as the ultimate all-rounder office monitor. A slim, sleek and attractive exterior is matched by an internal design that provides a truly enjoyable experience. The accessible viewing angles, contrast ratio and stable brightness allow this monitor to cater to all the needs of a busy office. Perhaps the most interesting part of this monitor is its sustainable and environmentally conscious design. It features an auto EcoView and EcoView optimiser that delivers maximum power savings, as well as an integrated energy-saving mechanical power switch which will ensure zero-watt consumption - even in stand-by it only consumes a max of 0.5 watts.
This monitor is aimed at office and home-working users. It’s by no means intended for high-level video or optical performance - but that’s not the goal here. This is a monitor designed for document reading, essay writing and number crunching. Despite its 22.5” screen, the 16:10 ratio means it more ideal for documents and it doesn’t feel cramped on screen - it works out about 11% more vertical space! But of course, as an Eizo, it’s equipped with eye care technology that allows you to work through the day without feeling eye fatigue or unrest.
- The 16:10 ratio is designed for text viewing and therefore is great for office users
- Excellent value for money compared to other monitors on the market
- Auto EcoView that automatically adjusts screen brightness based on ambient light intensity (saving energy at the same time!)
- It does not have the same optical performance as Eizo’s editing models
- The colour accuracy is average
- Get some external speakers as the built-in ones are not fantastic