The CamRanger Wireless Camera Control allows you to wirelessly control your Canon or Nikon DSLR camera directly from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. CamRanger is a stand-alone device that connects to your camera via a USB cable. It creates an ad-hoc Wi-Fi network that your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch can then connect to.
The CamRanger is supplied with the following: CamRanger Wi-Fi router, mini USB cable (for camera connection), micro USB cable for charging via USB charger (USB charger not supplied), li-ion battery, and CamRanger carrying case.
Key Features: CamRangerWireless Camera Control
- Suitable for both Canon and Nikon DSLRs
- Allows you to control your DSLR remotely via iOS device
- Wirelessly stream live view to your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
- View edit camera settings
- Mac and Windows compatible
View the full list of compatible cameras here.
Capture & View Images
Capture images in all drive modes. Then view full resolution images in JPG or Canon RAW and optionally save to an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. CamRanger is a great wireless tethering solution.
Wirelessly stream live view to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. Complete focusing control with touch focus, incremental adjustments, and focus stacking.
View & Edit Camera Settings
Remotely change and view camera settings: Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, White Balance, Drive/Shooting Mode (Single, Continuous, etc.), AF, Metering Mode, Image Format, Auto Exposure Mode, and Exposure Compensation and Bracketing.
Wirelessly record movies to view and edit later. CamRanger supports touch focusing during movie recording for many Nikon and Canon cameras.
Intervalometer / HDR
Setup intervalometer (time lapse) or HDR on your CamRanger. No need for your iOS device to remain connected after the initial setup.
Macro & Focus Stacking
Perfect for macro photography where your camera is in awkward locations or very precise focus control is needed. Use automatic focus stacking for enhanced depth of field.
- Wirelessly stream live view from the camera to an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch
- Double tap to increase magnification
- Single tap to focus on an area or make incremental focus adjustments
- Perform focus stacking
- Frame rate of about 6 – 18 fps depending on camera
Take and View Pictures
- Wirelessly capture images in multiple drive modes
- Thumbnails automatically appear on the top of the screen after taking a picture
- Tap a thumbnail to view the image and its associated meta-data
- Images are always saved to the camera card and optionally downloaded to the iOS device
- Optionally select to have images automatically view on the iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch
View Full Resolution Images
- Double tap to view the image at full resolution
- Supports full screen mode to maximize the screen size
- Toggle a variety of overlays: AF points, highlight, shadow, grid lines, and aspect ratio
- Configure your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch to automatically display pictures as they are taken
- Toggle on “Client Mode” to remove camera controls from the iOS device
- Allows others such as clients, directors, or associates to quickly and wirelessly view the shots after they are taken by the photographer at the camera
- Start and stop movie recording
- View video while recording
- Focus adjustments and touch focusing
- Movie features are very camera dependent, see supported cameras link at the bottom of this page for more details
Intervalometer and Bulb
- Configure as an intervalometer to take time lapse pictures
- Supports bulb mode with specific shutter lengths
- No need for your iOS device to remain connected after starting
View and Set Camera Properties
- Shutter Speed
- Metering Mode
- Drive/Shooting Mode
- White Balance
- Image Format
- Focus Mode (Nikon only)
- Auto Exposure Mode (Nikon only)
- Exposure Compensation & Bracketing
- Software Auto-Focus toggle to toggle AF/MF
HDR / Advanced Bracketing
- Configure CamRanger to take a series of pictures automatically varying Shutter Speed, Aperture, or ISO
- Images can then be post-processed
View Camera Card Contents
- View thumbnails of the images on your camera’s memory card
- Select images to be permanently deleted or download them and save into your iOS photo library
- Double tap image to view full resolution image
- Provides very precise focusing control
- Great for situations requiring awkward camera placements
- Perform automatic focus stacking to enhance depth of field (post processing required)
Share Images to Multiple Devices
- Take photos from either the camera or an iPad, Android device, or Mac or Windows computer and have clients, directors, colleagues, or students view the images or live feed from their own device using the "CamRanger Share" application which is specific for each platform
- If the photographer has the watermark feature turned on then the person using the CamRanger Share app will see watermarks as well on their own device
Control or Tether Multiple Cameras from One Computer
- Control multiple cameras and CamRangers using the CamRanger Launcher application
- Supported on Mac and Windows computers
- The CamRangers in use require updated firmware
- Requires the most recent CamRanger and CamRanger Launcher software
- Download the latest CamRanger and CamRanger Launcher applications for the Mac and Windows
- CamRanger operates on a rechargable, replaceable 3.7V 2000mAh battery. Battery life varies upon usage but 3 to 6 hours is typical; however, in ideal scenarios over 11 hours can be achieved for intervalometer with no iOS device connected. For a spare rechargeable battery, see the accessories tab. The CamRanger battery is accessible by removing the bottom cover. The bottom cover is the side with the CamRanger serial number. Simply grasp the side edge/corner of the cover near the USB connector and pull back to remove. To replace the cover, first place the two lower tabs into the slots and then snap in the top.
- Charges with and can be powered by provided USB charging cable and US AC adapter
- Wireless network enables connections up to 150 feet. (Slow connections have been maintained at 300 feet)
- Comes with protective case for storage and secure attachment
- Includes Ethernet cable for firmware upgrades for future enhancements
Check out the CamRanger Supported Cameras here.
Video: The CamRanger wireless control
Back to top
- Post images to social media instantly from within the CamRanger iOS application
- Post to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, an FTP server, or Dropbox from within the app
- Directly print images to a compatible printer and e-mail and text message images
- Simply select an image(s) and press 'Share' at the bottom of the CamRanger application
- Either Wi-Fi or cellular data must be in use in order to share images during the CamRanger session
- For commercial, group or portrait shots, the photographer can even specify the folder to save images to within Dropbox and the FTP server
- Selectively print images wirelessly during events or weddings
- These new features can be accessed while using other CamRanger features, including sharing to multiple devices and auto saving to either the iOS photo library, an FTP server, or Dropbox